[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPRITE-SCALING RACERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: ad_crazy_cars2_titus.jpg (289KB, 800x1122px) Image search: [Google]
ad_crazy_cars2_titus.jpg
289KB, 800x1122px
What are the good ones to play on PC with a keyboard or /vr? MAME and arcade classics are an obvious answer but i feel like keyboard is just too fast for emulating steering wheel properly which results in uncontrollable vehicles bouncing off the walls, and the only decent one i know on other platforms is Crazy cars III/Lamborghini: the american challenge. Can you recommend some good sprite-based racers for any platform? Is Lotus series any good?
CC2 ad for being the best ad ever.
>>
>>3638961
World rally Fever
>>
>>3638961
Roadkill
>>
File: 1471999834398.webm (3MB, 319x233px) Image search: [Google]
1471999834398.webm
3MB, 319x233px
>>3639010
>>3638961
>>
>>3639010
>>3639031
This looks amazing but I can't seem to get it to load properly in DOSBOX.

Teach me your secrets. Spending £5 on GOG is not an option and the thing takes up 500MB!
>>
>>3639031
Is this one playing on a DOS machine? Looks pretty smooth.
>>
>>3639171
just blip blop shupdiduda the gog version then.
>>
>>3640012
I'd really rather further myself and learn how to get it running the "hard" way thankyouverymuch.
>>
Outrunners
Big Run
Chase Bombers
Chase HQ
Continental Circus
Power Drift
Rad Mobile
Super Chase Criminal Termination
Super Hangon
>>
>>3640036
GP Rider
Racing Hero
>>
>>3638961
While I know you asked for keyboard games, an Xbox 360 wired controller can play almost all MAME driving games well, and can be found for fairly cheap.
>>
>>3640021
Just read gog's config file then, retard
>>
>>3640036
>Outrunners
Really bad case of
>keyboard is just too fast for emulating steering wheel properly which results in uncontrollable vehicles bouncing off the walls

>Big Run
Doesnt even emulate properly.

Not that i am not grateful for the advice, but do you seriously think that i cannot google "top 10 arcade racers" myself?
>>
>>3640356
look like you can't run a simple World Rally fever on dos already. :^)
>>
>>3640356
Get an analog controller or change the steering sensitivity in MAME.
>>
>>3640364
>you can't run a simple World Rally fever
It is not me.
>:^)
Ah, i see you are just here for memes.
>Get an analog controller or change the steering sensitivity in MAME
Get another thread to shitpost in.
>>
Oh fuck, I LOVED Crazy Cars 3 as a kid. PC version at least, the SNES version seems decent but inferior.

I never did beat it because I got the game from a magazine (PC Collector special issue) and their version was fucked, you couldn't save.
ONCE I finally reach the 4th world, after HOURS of playing and doing super well, and my sister comes in the room, pretends she wants to use the computer and that it can't wait, and when I say no to her she hits the "reboot" button of the PC. Then she plays fucking solitaire for 5 mins and tells me she's done.

What a fucking bitch. I should get back to this game and beat it for good.
>>
File: lotus_043.gif (15KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
lotus_043.gif
15KB, 640x400px
Also yes, Lotus is pretty good, but I remember it was more challenging than CC3. I remember some courses taking place in the mountain with a lot of steep turns.

I think it was Lotus 3.
>>
>>3640398
I remember Lotus 3 looking better. Which version is your pic from?
>>
>>3640401
That's the DOS version but judging from screenshots on mobygames, the Amiga versions looks great too

http://www.mobygames.com/game/lotus-the-ultimate-challenge/screenshots
>>
>>3640387
>advice is shitposting
What is your fucking damage?
>>
>>3639031
Had to double check this wasn't a port of power drift. Damn that looks good.
>>
File: BC Racers 2.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BC Racers 2.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: BC Racers 3.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BC Racers 3.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: BC Racers.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BC Racers.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
>>3641079
>>3641083
>>3641086
I remember having it on some pirate compilation. Was fun, but, sadly, broken in the process of ripping.
>>
>>3640356
>Can you recommend some good sprite-based racers for any platform?
ok here some...
>Not that i am not grateful for the advice, but do you seriously think that i cannot google "top 10 arcade racers" myself?
k
>>
File: everyone_is_stupid.jpg (22KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
everyone_is_stupid.jpg
22KB, 500x376px
>>3641149
Well shit, when someone will ask for some good JRPGs, i will then go and """"recommend"""" them a shitton of them from Google's first pages, even if i didn't play a single one in my life. Because why the hell not?
>>
File: Street Racer SNES.jpg (143KB, 639x463px) Image search: [Google]
Street Racer SNES.jpg
143KB, 639x463px
>>3638961
>>
>>3641276
that list was what I had in my Mame library but whatever.
>>
>>3641079
Is this the DOS or Sega CD version? I honestly don't remember which is better. Great game too btw.

>>3641568
Imo the DOS version is best; and when I bought it came with a SNES pad replica for PC which was amazing and used for all emulation at teh time (Nesticle etc).
I can't find info about this pad anymore, it might have been a special edition only released in France since Ubisoft and all that.
>>
>>3642152
Just re-read the thread and realised that i am a complete moron. I am truly sorry and ashamed, anon.
>>
File: rad racer baby.png (40KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
rad racer baby.png
40KB, 300x281px
Rad Racer is really good. Stylish night stages and a way better hill engine than OutRun and its Master System port. If you want an 8-bit OutRun, this is it.
>>
>>3644771
Love that background palette
>>
>>3640398
Lotus 3 is godawful. Lotus for the win, Lotus 2 if you get bored of the first.
>>
>>3644771
Which Rad Racer is that?
>>
File: street racer.png (17KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
street racer.png
17KB, 640x448px
I think Turbo OutRun is best of its kind. Play the arcade version of course.
Now some of my favorites on the console from my childhood :
Top Gear 2
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2
Nigel Mansell's World Championhip
Road Rash series
F1 by Donmark
Also, Test Drive 2: The Duel on Amiga.
>>3641568
Mega Drive version is better in my opinion, all other versions with actual 3d mechanics are just too fast and frantic but at the same time lacking in sense of speed and scale.
>>3640073
You are right, and playing on a keyboard is really no different than on controller.
>>3645958
Screenshot is from 2nd one.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.