[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES RGB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (32KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 333x500px
So I fell for the RGB jew and I bought an SCART to yuv box. I'm trying to figure out why I can't get a picture out of my NTSC SNES--I want to say it's the SCART cable because it outputs garbage in my TV's component ins, but if I plug the green channel into the composite jack, I get a nice greyscale image.

Seems like the SCART cable is wired for S-video/composite or something. Anybody dealt with this?
>>
Which Snes model do you have?
>>
you have like Scart Scart or Jp21 Scart?
>>
>>3638276
It works because green cables caries the luma information in component cables. Only blue and red contain color info.
>>
>>3638332
I'm not sure. It's a fat one and I'm fairly certain I got it in '91. The serial starts with UN2 and it has the bad vertical stripe in the output.
>>
>>3638348
Don't think it's a jp21. It's one with isolated rca audio outputs, if that helps.
>>
1. You need Scart to HDMI
2. You need to make sure it's a real Scart cable that does C-Sync
3. You should probably be using Scart to HDMI, not whatever that is.
4. You need to verify the SNES works at all. My old SNES no longer outputs video after it was in storage for a long time.
>>
Plain SCART cables are wired for composite.
RGB SCART are for RGB.
>>
>>3638348
It says not to use with xrgb without a converter so it's probably euroscart
>>
I'm glad. People who call RGB "the RGB jew" deserve to have problems with something as simple as buying the right cable and converting it.
>>
>>3638375
Does the system work with regular composite?
>>
>>3638426
Composite and s-video work fine
>>
>>3638443
Then it's the cable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.