[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Grahf getting at after becoming a failed contact? He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

File: Grahf.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Grahf.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
What was Grahf getting at after becoming a failed contact? He seemed just generally destructive before he decided to go Jesus and sacrifice himself to rescue humanity from a false God...that literally created humanity (at least the humanity which inhabits the game's planet). But what further potential do they have, after knowing they're nothing but spare parts? Aren't they without purpose after Deus is gone? Wouldn't they simply revert to their base parts? Besides Fei, Elly, and the rest of the main characters, is there anyone even left on the planet?
What was the moral of Xenogears? What's the takeaway from all this? I felt after 50+ hours of gameplay the game's story shot me a blank...it's just cruel
>>
>>3638165
What's left of humanity can just repopulate again. I mean up to this point humanity on that planet has survived like so many purgings. Not to mention that without Deus et all around culling humanity they can actually GROW this time.

Any missions questions you have are just a result of pulled budget.
>>
Literally Hitler.
>>
>>3638165
>What was Grahf getting at after becoming a failed contact?
He wanted to Remove Deus, Remove Deus, you are the worst God, you are the God smell etc.
>He seemed just generally destructive before he decided to go Jesus and sacrifice himself to rescue humanity
He didn't have such a noble intent, he was just a fraction of Lacann's ego created out of pure butthurt that somehow became a being of its own. His last second change was him reverting to what little of Lacann's persona was there, at that point he was no longer Grahf. The writer also wanted to pull a Master Asia at all costs, so this is what you get.
>Aren't they without purpose after Deus is gone?
Gee man, I don't know. Free will is philosophy 101, go read some book.
>Wouldn't they simply revert to their base parts?
No, in fact they did revert only on Deus' directive, thanks to Krelian humans are much more stable than what they were supposed to be.
>Besides Fei, Elly, and the rest of the main characters, is there anyone even left on the planet?
Have you even played the game?
There's the Shevat survivors, the people in Nortune, the guys in Niisam tending to the reverted humans and so on, even that faggot Ramsus is alive and well with his Super Sentai harem.
>What was the moral of Xenogears?
Does it need to have a moral?
>What's the takeaway from all this?
Whatever you make of it.

It's just DEEP, at the end of the day there's not much food for thought besides really basic snippets of continental philosophy and some pretty warped psychology basics, there's probably what you can consider some kind of silly vegetarian agenda in there too, depending on how much you want to look into things of course.
>>
>>3638230
>Gee man, I don't know. Free will is philosophy 101, go read some book.
Thanks for the snark and the cliche 'read a book' insult, but it was irrelevant; the humans were built with limiters that makes everyone revert to biological material as soon as Deus needs them to. With Deus gone, it seems like they'd all be shut down altogether. That's what I was asking about, the fact that people were still roaming around at end game is also irrelevant.

Grahf's goal throughout the game game was to end all of human life, and suddenly turning into a savior of humankind was bizarre.
>>
Why are there so many Xenogears threads lately?
>>
Is Krelian just literally Gendo Ikari?
>>
>>3638258
>the humans were built with limiters that makes everyone revert to biological material as soon as Deus needs them to. With Deus gone, it seems like they'd all be shut down altogether.
Well, doesn't sem like that to me considering many people that weren't in the main cast also resisted the mutation.
>the fact that people were still roaming around at end game is also irrelevant.
How is that irrelevant? It ties into Krelian and Shevat's plans.
>Grahf's goal throughout the game game was to end all of human life
No, he just wanted to kill Deus.
>suddenly turning into a savior of humankind was bizarre.
As I said, it was because they wanted to pull a Master Asia at all costs, Grahf reverting to Lacann was a pretty shitty twist that doesn't even make sense(How can a fraction of Lacann's pure hate revert to something it's not?), but he doesn't do that for humanity's sake he's simply still butthurt at God/Deus.
Shitty writing, so to speak.

One other thing you might want to consider in the big picture, Kain was one of the first humans built by Deus and it antagonized it so much they had to create Ramsus, so Deus' plans aren't really perfect to begin with and genetic variation and other stuff does happen, especially when your overseer is a dumb bitch who would periodically nuke everything because dude, you can't be too sure whether the contact will turn against you or not so fuck this shit.
The Gazel Ministry not seeing Krelian's "heel turn" despite being alive for a buttload of centuries and being supposedly really smart was also another shortcoming in both writing and Deus' plan, so at least you get an answer to your question in that, Deus didn't plan well enough and it turns out that some humans rejected the directives, then you had that old wiseman crank living in the woods create some other Nanomachines, son, to further make the surviving humans reject Deus' directives.
>>
File: maria.jpg (199KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
maria.jpg
199KB, 800x600px
Maria is best Squaresoft waifu!
>>
>>3638275
Yes, he literally Gendo Ikari.
>>
>>3638275
A successful Gendo.

>tfw ywn ascend to Pleroma with your godmech
>>
Lacan is to Grahf as Fei is to Id, if Fei's Id were to fully consume Fei's ego. He's so old that he needs his darth vader suit to keep him alive. What didn't make sense was how Fei's dad managed to merge into Lacan's mind and take over his consciousness randomly. Maybe soul transfer-jutsu?
>>
>>3638165
The message is the usual destiny is not absolute, humans can choose their own paths yada yada bullshit. Deus was just a biomechanical weapon, not some actual divine being. The Wave Existence took that role, and didn't do a particularly good job at it.
>>
>>3638731
Deus=Demi-Urge
Wave Existence (HAR)=HeAvenly fatheR
Fei=Jesus Christ
Elly=Sophia
Miang=Ouroboros
Cain/Gazel/early humans=Archons
>>
>>3638751
What does that have to do with his question?
>>
>>3638776
The point of the game isn't to kill god, but to free youself from a false creator.
>>
File: 1449926301968.jpg (612KB, 1053x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1449926301968.jpg
612KB, 1053x1100px
Friendship is the strongest deathblow.
>>
>>3638787
>my fist is the divine breath
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>3638694
>He's so old that he needs his darth vader suit to keep him alive.
I'm pretty sure he took over Khan's body.
>What didn't make sense was how Fei's dad managed to merge into Lacan's mind and take over his consciousness randomly.
They share the same body, no?
>>
>>3638864
>I'm pretty sure he took over Khan's body.
That might've been his intention, but I think Khan killed himself before that could happen, and then transmigrated his soul into Lacan's body. That's why Grahf has dominance for most of the game, while Wiseman appears less often. Eventually toward the end, Grahf realizes his folly and gives in to Wiseman, allowing Wiseman to assume total control of Lacan. Well, that's my interpretation of the events, anyways.
>>
File: 1753278-grahf.png (151KB, 488x341px) Image search: [Google]
1753278-grahf.png
151KB, 488x341px
At first he was like:
>You still don't understand... even after your contact with the existence? I came to understand after my contact with the Existence that, even if Deus was destroyed... as long as humans still inhabit this land, Myyah... Elehayym, will be born time and again. Then all living things may as well perish along with Deus itself. That's the only path to freedom. The path to release us from the eternal cycles of life, the tragedies of history and the spell of fate! Once I awaken Deus as a weapon, I'll obliterate all living things... Then I'll use your awakened self and that machine to return everything to nothing... That's what I concluded. Myyah and Elehayym... are not just Deus' mouthpieces. That 'woman' is its main body! Why can't you see that?

But then he was like:
>Fei, cut away all the binds on mankind... You should be able to do that now. Save her and all the other women bound with her! I'm begging you Fei...
>>
>>3638907
He's a pussy-whipped faggot. Like any major JRPG villain.
>>
>>3638909
>Krelian was pussy-whipped to Deus
>Grahf was pussy-whipped to Sophia
>Ramsus was pussy-whipped to Miang

Is Xenogears a cuckolding allegory?
>>
>>3638916
>Krelian was pussy-whipped to Deus
wot
>Ramsus was pussy-whipped to Miang
He just seemed to enjoy fucking her along with all the elements. His problem was his inferiority complex over Fei.
>>
>>3638916
Seeing as how Fei cucks Krellian and Grahf out of their waifu (reincarnated), maybe.

>>3638920
He was butthurt that Miang wanted to start fucking Fei instead of him.

FEI GETTIN ALL DAT CUNNY, BALLER AS FUCK.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>
File: 4589735_p0_master1200.jpg (306KB, 414x600px) Image search: [Google]
4589735_p0_master1200.jpg
306KB, 414x600px
>>3638928
>He was butthurt that Miang wanted to start fucking Fei instead of him.
Where does that happen? And I don't know why he wastes time with someone as bitchy as Miang when he has these four desperate for his cock all the time. Who has bigger boobs, Dominia or Seraphitia?
>>
>>3638936
Wasn't the bunnygirl flat in-game?
>>
File: xenogears_elements_4105.jpg (169KB, 350x410px) Image search: [Google]
xenogears_elements_4105.jpg
169KB, 350x410px
>>3638949
Well here's the offficial art. Dominia's a big girl.
>>
>>3638787
Is that you, Alberto?
>>3638886
>That might've been his intention, but I think Khan killed himself before that could happen, and then transmigrated his soul into Lacan's body.
Khan literally appears with his own body inside of Alpha Weltall before turning into Grahf when Id goes to the Zohar.

Grahf is not Lacan, Grahf is a fraction of Lacan's persona that possesses other people and travels from body to body, Fei is(was) the original Lacan/Kim/Abel, Grahf is technically a part of Fei as much as Id is, but exists outside and independently of Fei's body, his current host being Khan/Wiseman, that's why he can use the same techniques Fei and Wiseman use.
>But where does the Vader suit come from
Ask yourself where does Id's sexy plugsuit come from, it's magic nigga, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>3638928
Krelian's waifu is the Wave Existence though, he doesn't give a shit about Sophia or Elahym, he idealized Sophia as some kind of ideal figure to lead mankind but he wasn't in love with her like Lacan was, Krelian wanted dem smexy Wave Existence all along once he found out about it, no mere flesh pussy can compare.
>>
>>3638957
Is Dominia a tranny?
>>
File: Xenogears_character_dominia.jpg (192KB, 920x1890px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_character_dominia.jpg
192KB, 920x1890px
>>3639039
Nah, she's just like...a really big girl. Plus she's demihuman.
>>
File: bddd4635957485e8501f44c1c771a29e.gif (65KB, 1000x1180px) Image search: [Google]
bddd4635957485e8501f44c1c771a29e.gif
65KB, 1000x1180px
>>
File: Tolone.png (263KB, 419x472px) Image search: [Google]
Tolone.png
263KB, 419x472px
Tolone is the one who looks like Billy in drag.
>>
File: xenogears_billy_5621.jpg (100KB, 350x313px) Image search: [Google]
xenogears_billy_5621.jpg
100KB, 350x313px
>>3639043
>>
>>3639014
It doesn't really matter who inhabits whose body, the point is that Khan was able to destroy both Id (who reverted back to Fei) as well as Grahf, and in the end, overpowered Lacan's hatred and let Fei defeat both of them. Khan is pretty badass now that I think more about it.
>>
Where can one find a buff girl with bronze skin and big boobs like Dominia?
>>
>>3639043
>>3639046
wtf is that a shop`?
>>
>>3639040
>Plus she's demihuman
Pretty sure she isn't. Some humans just evolved pointy ears like hers - especially in Elul, but that town got wiped.
>>
File: 20-5z5P0.jpg (95KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
20-5z5P0.jpg
95KB, 800x521px
>>3639081
Nope. There's also a good chance that Billy prostituted himself because he needed the money. Maybe he was designed with feminine features from the start.
>>
>>3639082
>Some humans just evolved pointy ears like hers - especially in Elul
Elru was full of Demihumans. The Kaiser of Kislev is Demihuman. The pointed ears is a dead give away that they're not fully human.
>>
>>3638784
Ive enjoyed your posts
>>
>>3639234
>The pointed ears is a dead give away that they're not fully human.
All the better for me, she's a big brown fit girl that probably fucks like a tiger, what's not to like?
>>
Is Xenogears the Dune of videogames?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.