[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

Fuck yeah, I just beat that bitch nigga Dracula, after a childhood of only meeting him through passcodes. What next? Convince me not to play Castlevania II, because I'm probably going to go download it very soon. I also have a copy of CV64 sitting in front of me as well.

You are angry now.
>>
Don't play Shitlines.
>>
>>3637960
Don't worry. I'm limiting myself to what I can play on my 3DS, SNES, or N64. No emulation.
>>
>>3637958
Did you finish the first one?
>>
>>3637958
>3DS
Don't play the 3DS Castlevanias, they're fucking horrible. The DS ones are pretty good games though.
>>
>>3637958
Go ahead and play 2. I'd still recommend you play 1 and 3, because that's where the money is. After that, you're free to play 64 and the metroidvanias and who cares what else.
>>
>Finish CV4
>Finish Rondo with Richter
>Feel like a fucking pro
>Try CV3
>Get my ass kicked halfays through the game on all routes
I'm gonna do this one day nerds.
>>
>>3638091
Forget your holy water?
>>
>>3638091
Play the Famicom version
>>
>>3638095
I only play that one, because of the music and because Japanese Grant is fucking boss.
>>
Play Rondo of Blood it's on the wii virtual console for only ten bucks.
>>
I beat Dracula X a few weeks ago and liked it very much. It was quite easy though, i expected a Castlevania game to be a lot harder.
>>
>>3638174
You mean Rondo? Because Dracula X is fucking impossible, I couldn't even beat the first stage.
>>
File: 1472864965308.jpg (42KB, 479x413px) Image search: [Google]
1472864965308.jpg
42KB, 479x413px
>>3637958
>bitch nigga
Do you have to write like a 14 year old?
>>
>>3638219
I don't know what was going on in your household but using any part of the phrase "bitch nigga" would have gotten the life snatched from me.
>>
>>3638223
It's retarded slang used by children on /b/ and facebook and all that stupid shit. If you said "ass" after a word, or :"mup da doo didda" it'd be the same thing.
>>
>>3638227
Is it now? I don't keep up with the trends these days
>>
>>3638228
Then why are you using their slang?
>>
>>3638232
I'm not OP
>>
>>3638234
Should've said that to begin with. Don't reply to posts that aren't directed at you.
>>
>>3638235
He says whilst posting on a public imageboard. Your fault for making an assumption on a post that happened 5 hours ago.

Regardless this threads dead anyways, ciao.
>>
>>3638237
>He says whilst posting on a public imageboard.
Public does not mean without etiquette.
>>
File: 1387321868926.gif (998KB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
1387321868926.gif
998KB, 244x156px
>>3637958
> What next? Convince me not to play Castlevania II, because I'm probably going to go download it very soon.

>Don't worry. I'm limiting myself to what I can play on my 3DS, SNES, or N64. No emulation.

Uh...
>>
>>3638260

>friends reaction image
>>
>>3638065
No, I'm thinking of coming back to it later. Isn't IV pretty much a shinier version of the first?

>>3638069
I was tempted a while back, but the only one that really interests me is Order of Ecclesia, and even then I don't feel like shelling out twenty bucks for it.

>>3638227
I'm old enough to say bitch-ass nigga without thinking of either its edginess or offensiveness, but forgive me, I forget I'm not on /v (>>3638241)

>>3638090
For some reason 3 doesn't attract me because it seems like it's where things became overly complicated with multiple characters and branching paths, but I know that it is a good game. I really liked the hard simplicity of IV. I will probably come back to it after II and/or One.
I don't imagine I'll play 64 for long.
>>
>>3638405
>For some reason 3 doesn't attract me because it seems like it's where things became overly complicated with multiple characters and branching paths
those are actually the reasons I like 3. Multiple characters who play different. Different paths so you can plan how you go to get your shit pushed while you work your way to the castle, and a difficulty level on normal and second loop that guarantees you aren't mastering it anytime soon.
>>
>>3638425
Yeah, I realize it's a good thing, but any time I read up on, say, an RPG, and learn of its specific mechanics or gimmicks, my eyes start to glaze over (nevertheless I have several RPGs I'm playing).

It's just a weird problem with me. I get the same way in real life when being told plans for something, or being shown a complicated map.
>>
>>3638262
>being a figurative fish
>>
I'd suggest Symphony of the Night, since it's rated as one of the best games ever, but there's so much backtracking and random shit that it can become kind of boring/unfun to play.

I spent an hour running around just looking for where to go and little did I know you had to use a stopwatch on the fucking clock.
>>
>>3638490
I'M STUCK IN LITERALLY THIS PART WTF THANK YOU
>>
>>3637960

Is this a consolewar meme?
>>
>>3638520
yes
the game's good. not great, but not worth the shit it gets
>>
>>3638180
Dracula X, on the SNES.
Are you for real? I thought it was easy.

I even plan to replay it one of these days and try to find out what was the point of that key. I'm sure it's important.
>>
>>3638587
You can use keys to free Annet and Maria from their cells, altering the ending slightly.

The key can also be used as a weapon, with varying results. The item crash is fun to mess around with, because it doesn't use hearts, makes you invincible for a few seconds, and can actually do damage.
>>
>>3638605
THE KEY HAS AN ITEM CRASH!?
>>
>>3638609
Sure does. You need 15 hearts to activate it, but it doesn't actually use any hearts upon activation.
>>
The only fun games are X68000 and Haunted Castle. Everything else is casual boring garbage.
>>
>>3637958
>You are angry now.
Why? Great game bro, I got my copy back in 2012 for only 9€ and I loved it.
I suggest you to play the DS ones, especially Order of Ecclesia which is the definitive Castlevania, and sadly the last good one (in my opinion obviously, but I really loved OoE and I've played nearly every Castlevania).
Also, get a gba and play circle of the moon, because that's another masterpiece, and Harmony/Aria too, they are very good.
Avoid the GameBoy ones, they suck, and it's not because of the hardware, because on the GB there was metroid II, so there is no excuse for castlevania to suck.
Avoid the 3DS one, it is even worse and not even castlevania anymore. It's like a platform game with street fighter controls.
Avoid the N64 ones, they are mediocre, but since you have it already...
Absolutely play the first one for the nes and dracula's curse.
Simon's Quest is boring, avoid it.
Play Chronicles and Symphony of the Night. Avoid Lament.
Play Bloodlines/the New Generation, but only if you find it cheap. Dat sinking old sanctuary tho.
>>
>>3638663
I just figured it seemed Simon's Quest got a lot of hate.

Don't worry about the others, they are off my radar, except for Ecclesia, but then again I've been told here that its gameplay pales in comparison to the NES ones, and I really ought to ignore it if CVIV is my benchmark. Also it's twenty dollars at my Gamestop.
>>
>>3638405
>No, I'm thinking of coming back to it later.
Then I'd recommend you to play CV1 first. Don't worry, it's pretty short. An afternoon is enough to defeat it. Just play the original first.

>Isn't IV pretty much a shinier version of the first?
Not really. While it has the same storyline (kinda) but they're very different.
>>
>>3637958
I liked Castlevania 64. Opinions on the game are mixed. Just give it a shot.
Castle Center is about where the game starts to get real
>>
>>3639126

I thought the setting and characters were awesome, but most people prefer the Post Symphony of the Night gothic look. Gameplay is a little wonky, especially the platforming.
>>
>>3639126
Shit taste. There is nothing redeeming about that game.
>>
File: Land_Sorrow_by_Orioto.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Land_Sorrow_by_Orioto.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>3637958
Do not play II unless you really want to get the complete Castlevania experience.

You've seen the AVGN review? It's pretty accurate. It's tedious. It's unfair. All the mansions feel like the same. Bosses sucks. It's by far the worst of the original trilogy.

Music is pretty good though...
>>
>>3638405
It's not edgy or offensive, it's just retarded. Again, stop speaking like a 14 year old, it doesn't make you sound respectable.
>>
>>3639098
An afternoon, eh? I doubt the game won't whup my ass a little first.

>>3639126
Playing a little bit of it in conjunction with IV was really telling. IV plays like a well-oiled machine. 64 feels so clunky and inelegant. But it does have its charm. And at least it's not easy.

>>3639158
>You've seen the AVGN review?
Yep. The hours spent getting lost or backtracking sound horrid. I just really, really like the idea of the day/night cycle with the foreboding text and the enemies getting stronger. I started this post about to argue that I still feel like playing it first, but suddenly I have some pause.

>>3639164
You sound like the guy that once told me that I shouldn't blast gangster rap music from my car because people won't take me seriously. You also seem preoccupied with maturity on a Laotian animation video gaming forum.
>>
>>3640536
>blast gangster rap music from my car
You really do sound like an autistic faggot.
>>
Rap music is degenerate.
>>
Bump. Started Castlevania 1. It's aite. Wish ot was spookier.
>>
>>3639158
The real problem with CV2 was the translation. You're supposed to figure out the game from hints from townspeople, but whoever translated it did such a bad job you can't follow what they tell you. You need a strategy guide for your first playthrough, as the game gives you no fucking clues for doing stuff like standing at a ledge for 20 seconds while holding up after you get the blue crystal.

The game made no sense.
>>
>>3642536
The problem with translations and games at the time, is that translators were just handed out lines to translate. They didn't get to play the game, so out of context, it can be really hard, especially if the translator didn't know anything about games in the first place.
>>
>>3642536
The original Japanese text was also as confusing, wasn't it?
>>
>>3638490
My literal dream game would be symphony of the night but with the difficulty level of aria of sorrow or circle of the moon, and also with a couple new unique areas taken from those games as well
SoTN as it is fun but absolutely mindless fun on any playthrough after the first, even galamoth is a pushover
>>
>>3642536
>>3642540

The text wasn't confusing so much as there were apparently cues to let you know that the people were bullshitting you. This dude dug through the game's text and compared it, then modified the fuck out of the game to make it some kind of hybrid of the FDS game's functionality, while adding in said cues so you know what advice can be ignored. He also added an ingame map.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1032/
>>
File: moonmantheimpaler.jpg (19KB, 241x255px) Image search: [Google]
moonmantheimpaler.jpg
19KB, 241x255px
Will /vr/ ever agree on what the best Classicvania is?
>>
>>3645802

Probably not, but I think everyone can agree Castlevania 1 is a nice middle-ground everyone can enjoy.
>>
>>3643954
My ideal is Order of Ecclesia with the world-changing mechanics of LoZ: Oracle of Seasons. Entire areas changing with each season, maybe even day and night like Simon's Quest.
>>
>>3645802
Super IV, anyone that hates on it just can't appreciate good gameplay and unique level designs.
>>
>>3645802
gameboy castlemanias
>>
Gentlemen, is there any ways to manipulate the RNG on the Death battle?
>>
>>3645895
but only 1/3 of those were any good
>>
>>3638520
sega ?

more like shitga
>>
Don't know if I'm gonna push through CV1 or not. It's good but I don't feel driven to come back to it.

Driving by a Gamestop soon that I know has Ecclesia for $20. I better not get too tempted.
>>
>>3637958
I'm playing the Castlevania bundle for the PSP, and I need help in finding the maidens. How does one go about finding them? I've tried smashing the fleshy walls, and now I'm stuck? What to do?
>>
>>3646232

Half the fun is finding out yourself.

try fucking around with the frog statues.
>>
So I like Ecclesia. Beautiful art style. Though yeah, it'd be nice if the enemy placement were a little more creative, you're just running through mobs, mostly. It is, however, not mind-numbingly easy.

...Shanoa is hot.
>>
>>3645820
my brother speaking the truth here

I haven't played Bloodlines but I am gonna sink my teeth into it right after Gunstar Heroes.

SotN or III are my two personal favourite games in the series, but I got love for the series. Even Adventure on GB cause I grew up with that.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.