[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games do you want to see a translation patch for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 27

File: baroque-saturn-box-art.jpg (77KB, 1024x909px) Image search: [Google]
baroque-saturn-box-art.jpg
77KB, 1024x909px
What games do you want to see a translation patch for?
>>
Moon Remix
Segagaga
>>
Before this thread goes any further. Please do not respond to the learn Japanese because translations suck crew that will most certainly make an appearance in this thread. Learning Japanese is a good suggestion but it is not for everyone. If you legitimately want to learn Japanese I'm sure resources will be posted, but remember this is a thread to talk about games you'd like to see translated, not ethics in game translation.
>>
pal: shinken densetsu

>>3636819
i take it the remake isn't as good?

>>3636825
yes and hell yes.
>>
>>3636819
holy shit yes. love baroque

And in response to your question - pretty much all the RPG and RPG strategy games on saturn. ... princess crown, terra phantastica, wachenroder, solo crisis, black matrix ... list goes on
>>
七ツ風の島物語
>>
SMT if...
SMT Devil Summoner
>>
>>3636841
>look at me the post
>>
>>3636916
>moving to Japan
Enjoy your quakes and failing economy, retard.
>>
I dream english patch for Twilight Syndrome serie
>>
>>3636916
>>3636841
Please tell us more about your awesome new life in Japan that starts just next year. Do you expect you'll be getting lots of Japanese pussy? You're so cool.

We're fools for playing translated games as they trickle out when we could be playing ALL the games if we were just. like. you.

We just don't have your iron will. Pity us.
>>
segagaga
moon remix
boku no natsuyasumi
>>
>>3636842
the remake is a better game, but has worse atmosphere and music
>>
>>3636819
>translation

Learn Japanese instead of reading some fan fiction tripe.
>>
In particular the gba smts. I know theres a patch for the snes versions, but i want portable damn it.

Also, way too many jrpgs. Too many to list on too many systems with too much awesomeness
>>
File: t7604gfront.jpg (125KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
t7604gfront.jpg
125KB, 500x371px
Get this and learn every day, ten to twenty minutes might be enough.
http://ankisrs.net/
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1237389412
After a few weeks try out some games/manga etc in Japanese to see how much you understand.
Emit is a good start to get used to the Japanese you will find in retro games. It allows you go to back and forth while switching between languages to help you understand everything.
Beyond that many 90s RPGs are a good choice. Play as much as you can, practice is the key to learning.

http://kanjitomo.net/
Is a useful tool for playing and learning. Save words or phrases you don't know so you can add them to your deck. Use Japanese text input to get the most out of it.
>>
Remember when like until last year two of the most common games in this kind of thread were Echo Night 2 and Mizzurna Falls? One is out already and the other one is getting translated as we speak, how awesome is that?!

One I'd like to see is Aconcagua, maybe one day
>>
>>3637442
Oooh I'll play a Mizzurna Falls translation - possibly even on real hardware. Sweeeeet.
>>
File: racing lag.jpg (87KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
racing lag.jpg
87KB, 960x720px
I always really wanted to play Racing Lagoon.

I don't know why. Not sure why we never got it either. A Race car game gotta be an easier sell than rpgs
>>
>>3636819
I've played some, but it's such a pain to reference every item table anytime you kill something.
>>
>>3636840
>translations suck
But they do. The more text a game has, the worse it gets. I've never encountered a translation that reached parity with the original.

I've seen the occasional game where a weak Japanese script was changed in places to create a much stronger English one, the obvious example is MGS. Is that game translated though? No, the warts and weaknesses of Kojima's writing style don't show through, they were covered up. It's a great product, but a bad translation.

Games like MGS are outliers, though. Titles translated from Japanese range from passable interpretations, to full on rewrites with added meme dialogue for the kids.

Is Japanese for everyone? No. But on a board where people buy original hardware and 200 pound CRTs because it just doesn't "feel" right emulated, It's pretty absurd that some posters are perfectly happy playing rewrites.
>>
>>3637087
I probably shouldn't say this considering your posts shows a poor mental state, but in no way you need any sort of iron will to learn Japanese.

Just normal amount of persistence.
>>
Ladystalker and Mizzurna Falls.
>>
>>3637896
It's also missing out on stuff like Psycho Mantis mentioning specific games.
>>
>>3637950
That's more because none of those games were out in America at the time, or even planned to be released.

Psycho Mantis should be more widely remembered for Kojima's autism. His final line in English is "it feels kind of nice". In Japanese, it's "this feels nostalgic", a point only expanded on in some artbook, where Kojima explains that Mantis was psychically linking with his mother during childbirth, and he's reminded of the feeling as he dies. Say what you will about a death bed heel turn, it's a hell of a lot better than the garbage the nips got.
>>
>>3636923

>failing economy

Largely a meme.
>>
>>3637948

Aren't both of those already translated?

>>3637153

go ahead and list them and I'll look into some if they interest me. I was thinking of translating Blade Maker for the PSX but I think it would take me 50 years.
>>
>>3637973
MGS is a major offender of "Plot is hidden on a nearby poster". If you go through the entire game without using the codec, you miss out on a lot of the lore. If you do, the game drags on.

There's no denying that Metal Gear has an amount of lore on-par with Type-Moon works, but like you said a lot of it is buried.
>>
>>3638034
There's a big difference between "some lore is included in optional cutscenes" and "some parts are literally incomprehensible unless you own an artbook, and even then you'll be confused for weeks until you read it". Kojima is a hack.
>>
>>3637982
>no growth since 1995
>deflated currency
>negative interest rates
>220% national deficit

All signs of a dying country. India is the new Japan in terms of economy.
>>
>>3636819
Super Famicom Wars
>>
File: slayers loyal.jpg (119KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
slayers loyal.jpg
119KB, 640x480px
The entire Slayers game library save for one title.
>>
>>3636842
Some of us want to play the game as a first person dungeon crawler with poor draw distance. Makes it more unsettling.
>>
File: 2011 sakura.jpg (187KB, 950x635px) Image search: [Google]
2011 sakura.jpg
187KB, 950x635px
>>3638598
>>deflated currency

It's like you don't understand value-added manufacturing and export economies. Granted, I agree that Japan's economy is failing, but for consistency of trolling you might want to check your shit a bit better.
>>
>>3636841
>>3636916

That's so amazing anon, you really sound like a smart guy. Why don't you help us idiots who are too dumb to learn Japanese by translating some games for us? It would be just silly for someone of your multilingual caliber to waste even a second of their precious time in a translation thread without any intention of participating.

Surely someone as brilliant as yourself wouldn't need the validation or envy from us monolingual heathens!

Thanks anon! We are truly blessed to have you.
>>
>>3637350
Thanks anon. An actually useful "just learn japanese" post. Cheers.

It's funny to me when people say "just learn japanese, the translations are bad" when the level of reading comp you'll be at after a year of studying will have more going over your head than playing a mediocre translation. Not saying people shouldn't try, but if your only desire is to play story based video games, it may not be worth the time.
>>
>>3639445
Shit's deflated because not enough people are buying stuff. That's bad.
>>
>>3639510
But they get to choose how deeply they understand it instead of a translator deciding how much they get to understand

That having been said, I would give big odds that if we took every L2moonfag in this thread and had them sit down and play through any JRPG and had an equal number of dumb englishfags playing a decent translation, the englishfags would have a better grasp of the story on average.
>>
>>3639529
Agreed on both points.
>>
File: Kōkidō_Gensō_Gunparade_March.jpg (15KB, 230x227px) Image search: [Google]
Kōkidō_Gensō_Gunparade_March.jpg
15KB, 230x227px
>>3636819
>>
the guys who did the wizardry gaiden iv translation did a pretty good job

i wish someone would translate the PS1 ports of the wizardry games though (there's an english option, but it looks broken in every way possible)
>>
Ever since I've played Kabuki Klash, I wanted to play the Tengai Makyou games
>>
>>3637153
The iOS version is the GBA game with PS1 OST and an official translation. It's the definitive version of SMT1.
>>
File: Taikou Risshiden 5.jpg (155KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Taikou Risshiden 5.jpg
155KB, 800x600px
>>3636819
All the quirky Quiz games like Quiz Nanairo Dreams or the Feudal Lord's Ambition for something we haven't seen yet.

For regular games i'd really like to see the Taikou Risshiden series (1-5) and the Uncharted Waters series (Costa Del Sol, Gaiden and Porto Estado).
They all have PC versions and they're all fairly unique games.
>>
>>3640003
At least the guy that has translated Tengai Makyou Zero seems to now be entertaining the idea of someone other than byuu or LostTemplar hacking the game.
>>
>>3637350
>Get this and learn every day, ten to twenty minutes might be enough.
Nah, this meme doesn't work at all. After ~50 words I simply start to forgetting the meaning or the pronunciation of the old ones.
>After a few weeks try out some games/manga etc in Japanese to see how much you understand.
Ah I see. Fuck off retard.
>>
File: TR5.jpg (140KB, 796x595px) Image search: [Google]
TR5.jpg
140KB, 796x595px
>>3640028
>Taikou Risshiden
Kek
If any moonrune people are ITT translate pic related.
>>
>>3640061
That's what spaced repetition is for. If you forgot a word you have to learn it again.
If 50 words is too much for you, lower the amount.
>>
>>3640071
We will now proceed to capture Sakura castle.
>>
>>3640071
里見義堯
"Satomi Yoshitaka"
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/里見義堯

これより、佐倉城の攻略を開始する。
"Begin the capture of Sakura Castle."
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/佐倉城

泉ノア
"Izumi Noa"

足軽大将
"Infantry leader"
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/足軽大将

The mocking tone of your post indicated you thought any of this is hard. The sentence itself is trivial and any sort of name, person or geographical can be easily looked up or surmised from your previous kanji knowledge.

You know, for 佐倉 I just needed to know 土佐 on Shikoku and 鎌倉 south of Tokyo.
>>
>>3640178
>>Wanna see my JLPT N1 certificate? Somehow I think some JRPG won't be a problem compared to that test.
The N1 basically means you're equivalent to an 8 year old in terms of comprehension.
>>
>>3640179
Strong words from someone with nothing.

Job listings in Japan usually ask for N2 or higher (plus then they test the applicant's active ability themselves). Do they want 5 year old kids then?
>>
OK LETS EVERYBODY BE COOL AND LIKE SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>3640187
>Do they want 5 year old kids then?
They want someone with just about enough skill to understand basic commands, which a 5 year old can manage. People hire N2's because they're cheap as shit weebs who will work for peanuts for the chance to live in Japan.

Passing the JLPT is really nothing to brag about.
>>
>>3640194
Strong words from someone with nothing.

Especially considering the posts about others not being able to understand even some JPRG in Japanese well. That reeks of such insecurity.
>>
>>3640197
Bud, I know nip. I'm making fun of you for thinking the N1 was difficult. I think people would generally have more trouble with a JRPG.
>>
>>3640170
>泉ノア
>"Izumi Noa"
Was that a real person or just someone named after Patlabor? I don't trust ancient Japanese with Katakana names.

You missed 久留里城 (Kururi castle) and 下総国 (Simosa province).
貫 and 文 as currency might need some basic knowledge.
年月日 should be understandable for even complete illiterates.
>>
>>3640207
A lot of RPGs are intended to be playable for children below 8.
>>
>>3640197
I love you, you might be the most interesting anon I've ever seen on these threads. Please tell us more about you, I'm being serious
>>
>>3640207
Strong words from someone with nothing. てか、日本語で話そう。お前の「nip」を見せてもらえる?

>>3640212
Yeah, I skipped those, cause I felt I made my point with the sentence and Sakura Castle. 泉ノア doesn't seem to be a real person.
>>
>>3640229
いいぞ、俺の本気の力を見せてあげる。どうだ?びびるな。
>>
>>3640216
That sounds like you made that up.
>>
>>3640236
びびるもんか
「本気の力」って超アニメくさいと思う
言わないほうがいいww
>>
>>3640247
Check what Kanji they use. I believe they don't even cover the whole kyôiku set.
There's a huge difference between them and games intended for adults.
>>
>>3640248
うっせ、このクソガキ!お前をブッ飛ばすぞ!
>>
ゲーム翻訳スレじゃなくなったんだけど
>>
>>3640273
やべ、俺はクソレスだけにする!
>>
>>3640273
どうせいつもと変わらないゲームばかり出てる

>>3640257
笑わせるな
「Bud, I know nip.」と大口叩いたくせにアニメの真似しかできないようだ
>>
>>3640257
>>3640273
>>3640283
>>3640294
How the fuck do I learn japanese? I just memorized a bunch of hiraganas and katakanas a while ago but that's it. How do I go on?
>>
>>3640301
Get some grammar book, Genki, Tae Kim or something. After you study soem grammar start with Anki and reading, for example Graded Readers series.
>>
>>3639646
>(there's an english option, but it looks broken in every way possible)
What's broken about it? As far as I've seen only the remake of Wizardry 4 is purely Japanese.
That remake or the PCE-CD port of 4 might be interesting to translate since they remove some of the annoyances of the original.
>>
>>3640212
>Was that a real person or just someone named after Patlabor?
It was a Custom Character from someone's Mini Let's Play.
>>
>>3640301
For what it's worth, the two weebs above might know decent Japanese from their Anki studies, but they both suffer from the same problems, which is using the following to sound native.

・Using 超 unironically.

・switching い-endings to え-sounding endings.
(sometimes this is ok depending on how you speak).

・using ぞ / ぜ while (presumably) being over 12 years old and not a Kamen Rider character.

if you EVER use that shit in a normal conversation here people will cringe and think "why does he talk like my little brother?"
>>
>>3640468
I mean, I figured it was pretty obvious I was being ironically 12 years old.
>>
>>3640468
It's interesting how people on 4chan judge the Japanese of others.

I have seen harp on endlessly on someone posting in 丁寧語, cause this is the internet and speaking like a mix of anime character and a 2ch faggot is a must a must have on the internet.

Now you're here and you're doing the opposite.

I guess whatever is convenient at the moment, right?

Personally I tend to agree with your side. It's always pretty cringy when a foreigner overdoes it with colloquialisms in their Japanese, it's so tryhard.
>>
Alright, you faggots convinced me. I'm learning Japanese.

How long will it take before I can play games if I really dedicate myself every day rather than half assing it?
>>
>>3640505
You'll lose your drive long before that.
>>
>>3640468
zo/ze get used in certain contexts, but not in a normal conversation.

if you learn all your japanese from anime/games, you'll definitely come across kind of hilarious. it's best to avoid trying to use native colloquialisms when you're a foreigner. it's not like they expect it anyway, just like you wouldn't expect an ESL learner to use english slang correctly.
>>
>>3640508
Not a problem, I've got backups. >:)
>>
>>3640505
it depends on the individual. I'd say at least a year.
>>
btw, is Japanese the new l33tspeak?
>>
>>3640505
Depends entirely on how hard you push and how much autism you have.

A far better approach is to take it slow. Reps will creep up on you, and while the idea of doing an extra 5 cards a day might seem tempting occasionally, the extra 50 reviews a day they'll add to your workload can mean the difference between "this is a minor hassle" and "I want to quit".

Only long, maintained focus will get you the results you want. Trying to rush will just lead to burn out in 95% of cases. Know your limits, and stay under them, it's not a race and you can very easily spoil 6 months of progress by being lazy for a week.
>>
>>3640524
this.

imo learning a language is a commitment. it's not something you just power through. you should make studying part of your routine, and immerse yourself as much as possible. Japanese has its difficulties, but one of its advantages is a vast media which makes immersion easier.
>>
>itt: moonfags fully triggered
Do you his feel like you've successfully gone far enough off topic to prove your superior linguistic skills to a bunch of anonymous strangers or do you need to completely shit up the new translation thread too?
>>
>>3640393
no half-width input for your name

som text bleeds out of boxes and more
>>
>>3636825
this.
>>
>>3640524
I wouldn't wait too long with reading practice.
I had a couple of raw manga I reread regularly, each time recognizing and understanding more of it.
With games you can start with intros and the beginning sequences. No need to immediately force yourself through the whole thing, just check how well you do.
Getting some measurements on your progress helps keep motivated.
>>
>>3639386
You can play the wii version in first person.
>>
To get back on topic, what are some pc-98 games people are interested in playing in English?
>>
>>3636825
>segagaga

so hard.
>>
>>3641019
雑音領域
>>
>>3641019
Ultima 5. Alternatively get the higher resolution tiles into the IBM port.
>>
>>3641019
Policenauts
>>
>>3640798
actually now that i think about it, translating those games wouldn't even be a translation

it would be more like fixing the english option than anything else
>>
>>3641173
already translated like ages ago bro
>>
File: 250px-Wachenröder_cover.jpg (18KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Wachenröder_cover.jpg
18KB, 250x247px
This right here. Breaks my heart that a steampunk srpg died in obscurity.
>>
>>3641396
Never heard of this , but looks cool af.
>>
>>3641331
inferior console versions chief
>>
>>3641404
I keep hoping that if I bring it up enough someone will translate it.
>>
File: range_murata.jpg (786KB, 1406x1881px)
range_murata.jpg
786KB, 1406x1881px
>>3641404
>Never heard of this , but looks cool af.

It has Range Murata behind the designs. Of course it looks cool as shit.
>>
>>3641412
I'll translate it.

Just kidding.
>>
魔導物語SS
>>
>>3640505
If you just want to be able to get through menus and play stuff, and you don't mind using a dictionary, then you can memorize kana and a few simple kanji in weeks. Game tend to use a shit loads of English in them written phonetically in kana.

If you want to enjoy the intricate and subtle details of the superior original Japanese script of Final Fantasy 6, then you need a couple of years. Keep in mind that Japanese folks learn new kanji from elementary school to high school, sometimes even in college. So you have your work cut out for you.
>>
>>3641417
more loli butt
>>
File: YuujinnoFuriFuriGirls.jpg (10KB, 204x179px) Image search: [Google]
YuujinnoFuriFuriGirls.jpg
10KB, 204x179px
Yuujin no Furi Furi Girls [遊人のふりふりガールズ]

Nice snes game i used to play, kinda playable even without understanding japanese.

Would be nice to see an english patch.
>>
>>3641436
Is this from that ecchi guy?
>>
>>3641436
How would you translate the title?
Frilly-frilly girls of the playboy?
>>
>>3641484
The vast majority of good games for consoles we are allowed discuss on this board were originally written in Japanese. Spyro and its sequels are literally the only games I have discussed on /vr/ not made in Japan
>>
>>3641524
you didn't look very hard

there's a daggerfall general once in a while
>>
File: dk64.jpg (30KB, 382x260px)
dk64.jpg
30KB, 382x260px
>>3641524
>Spyro
Get better tastes in collectathons, nigga.
>>
>>3641528
Spryo 3 remains my favourite collectathon.
>>
>>3641525
What console is Daggerfall on?
>>
>>3641563
ah, i totally missed that part

then yeah, you're right
>>
Virus for Sega Saturn
>>
File: Z0095802.jpg (121KB, 1024x895px) Image search: [Google]
Z0095802.jpg
121KB, 1024x895px
Cyber Doll
>>
File: cover.jpg (78KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
78KB, 615x615px
Volfoss
>>
>>3642072
volfoss sux doe bro, i played it
>>
>>3641019
Night Slave
>>
>>3642367
I once offered a summary but nobody was interested.
>>
>>3642391
When did that happen? Guess I wasn't around.
>>
>>3637896
>But on a board where people buy original hardware and 200 pound CRTs because it just doesn't "feel" right emulated, It's pretty absurd that some posters are perfectly happy playing rewrites.

Fuck... I can't really argue with that, that's actually a pretty good point. Fuck you anon.
>>
>>3642489
Half a year ago. I had replayed it after to read and thought maybe people would appreciate knowing the names of the characters and what's going on.
>>
subtitles for the Bulk Slash cutscenes at the end.
>>
>>3637896
>>3642517
People who buy CRTs and original hardware are usually aware that there is a difference between that and emulation.

Unless someone has experience in the Japanese language, they usually aren't going to be able to notice any differences in the translated game by themselves.

With those things in mind, it's not really that absurd to me.
>>
>>3643243
I think there are people around who buy CRTs just because they see everyone else talking about them.

The argument that it's okay to eat garbage because you don't KNOW it's garbage yet is absurd.
>>
File: noice[1].png (100KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
noice[1].png
100KB, 241x207px
>>3640512
>>
>>3643397
>The argument that it's okay to eat garbage because you don't KNOW it's garbage yet is absurd.

I never said it was okay, I was just saying it's not absurd in the slightest. It's just depressing.
>>
>>3643397
>analogy to eating garbage/fecal matter/whatever
What an innovative argument! Especially when you're equating slightly inferior but still valid choices to something people would never willingly do (except Germans)

Stop using retarded analogies and come up with actual arguments. It's possible to liken anything to whatever else one wants, it doesn't make it a valid argument.
>>
>>3642864
Hey, if you want to do it now, I'll read it
>>
>>3636916
Enjoy working hard as balls for shit pay, and shit tons of overtime. Though jap women love white men so catch yourself a good one.
>>
>>3644893
Assuming he's white.
>>
File: NIGHT SLAVE 113.png (30KB, 640x400px)
NIGHT SLAVE 113.png
30KB, 640x400px
>>3644769
I probably have to replay it or watch some playthrough to cover it properly.

The basic setup is that 30 years ago tragedy struck in the middle East. One country was obliterated and hundreds of millions died. The UN disbanded and the world sunk into chaos.
After that a new order was established and nuclear weapons and power prohibited and armies drastically downsized.

A terrorist organization named Slave Dog recruiting from those discharged soldiers is threatening world peace while the countries of the world are incapable of stopping them.
Only hope is a special forces team called Steel Fox acting independently of the nations, supported by the transnational corporation Neo Logic.
You take the role of the Asian pilot Rei, your teammates are Julia from Panamerica, Notty from Euroafrica, Ranya from Russia and Chiho from Neo Logic. Your base of operations is the mobile assault ship Steel Phoenix, commanded by an unnamed officer. Further advice is handled by Neo Logic's Goldman.

The first mission is to destroy a Slave Dog base in the American mountains and rescue VIPs held captured there. Rei and Chiho are supposed to spearhead into the facility while the others cover them in various aspects.
During the mission contact to Chiho is lost. Ultimately you find one prisoner, a nuclear physicist named Dr Brenan who developed a way to enhance thermonuclear reactions.

The officer fears that Slave Dog could either possess nuclear weapons or try to obtain those still left somewhere in the world.
Ranya criticizes Chiho for her actions and demands that she's removed from the team but Rei covers for her. After they are dismissed Rei and Chiho talk about her background as a test pilot and latent powers she supposedly possesses.

Pictured: Chiho on the left, Rei on the right.
>>
File: NIGHT SLAVE 115.png (34KB, 640x400px)
NIGHT SLAVE 115.png
34KB, 640x400px
>>3645471

Cut to Slave Dog's flagship Siegfried where general Dönitz gives his trusted subordinate Erika the mission to attack the Panama canal in coordination with the naval arm Yellow Stripes in order to capture a tactical nuclear submarine and its SLCM. He further gives her two young girls named Emily and Ange to act as her aides.

Learning of Slave Dogs' assault, Steel Fox sorties to Panama. Ranya again objects to Chiho's participation, pointing to her lack of combat experience, in response to which the general lack of experience is brought up. Chiho asks Rei to take her off the team but Rei doesn't want to unless those are her real feelings. Chiho however actually wants to stop the tragedy from spreading, as do the others.

Julia, Ranya and Notty
>>
Why haven't you started learning Japanese yet, /vr/?
>>
>>3646902
>/vr/
Most of /vr/ knows moon. The babies from /v/. That's a different story.
>>
>>3646914
>Most of /vr/ knows moon.
No way in hell it's higher than 1%. In threads like these, I could boost the estimate up to 5%, maybe, but who knows how many people just lurk.
>>
>>3646920
Go got that backwards. Threads like these attract illiterates and therefore the average is lower.
>>
>>3645471
>I probably have to replay it or watch some playthrough to cover it properly.
There's a Night Slave script in the archive, if that helps

http://desuarchive.org/vr/thread/2885426/#q2888407
>>
>>3642068
This.
>>
>>3646920
>says the baby from /v/
>>
>>3647409
なんで自分の引用しているの?
>>
>>3647426
英語でおk
>>
File: pure ecstasy.png (296KB, 560x416px)
pure ecstasy.png
296KB, 560x416px
>>3647008

I've seen a couple LPs on nico before, not sure if they're there now tho. I personally love watching shit there when translating. It's damn handy when playing games with lots of routes/sidequests/long-ass dungeons.

I'm curious to get into games like this in the future but I'm busy with my own stuff(pic related is Universal Nuts). I'm more of an RPG person, so the closest I've considered lately might be Gunblaze S.

More power to you guys though. It's cool to see others picking up projects here on /vr/.
>>
>>3642367
thought I should let you know I'm working on a translation of that game myself.
>>
reporting shitposts instead of responding to them really is lost knowledge on /v/-occupied /vr/ isnt it?
>>
>>3636825
>Moon
I've had a physical copy sitting on my shelf for years. Translation can't come fast enough. Also Wachenroder.
>>
>>3650275
>reporting shitposts instead of responding to them really is lost knowledge on /v/-occupied /vr/ isnt it?

That's how you spot the /v/ kiddies and newfags, best thing to do is to just stay away
>>
File: saturn_blackmatrix_jp.jpg (991KB, 3150x2175px) Image search: [Google]
saturn_blackmatrix_jp.jpg
991KB, 3150x2175px
Black Matrix looks like a very interesting game thematically even if some routes are supposedly shounen-aiish.
>>
File: HG_JAP_Cover_Front[1].jpg (39KB, 337x478px) Image search: [Google]
HG_JAP_Cover_Front[1].jpg
39KB, 337x478px
>>
>>3650905

not retro but this game looks balling as all fuck, kinda reminds me of the original baroque too
>>
File: japanese-02.png (1011KB, 1001x1334px) Image search: [Google]
japanese-02.png
1011KB, 1001x1334px
>>3636819
>>
The Saturn version of Grandia. It'd be really cool if someone translated Bare Knuckle 3 as well, not sure if that's been done yet.
>>
>>3637350
>anki
I actually recommend this, I'm using to pass anatomy and it's extremely helpful after jamming it in my head a few times. The customization is excellent and the easy and minimal design is great.
>>
File: you can't.png (69KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
you can't.png
69KB, 200x240px
>>3640505
>>
>>3651517
>>>/int/djt
>>
>>3647008
Certainly helpful not to deal with half-width kanji all the time.
Having a transcript of all the background talk is also handy since it's easy to miss between the action.
There are however some hickups in the transcript and it's including stuff like the low shield message.

Some extra stuff I missed to mention and mission 2.
The nuclear submarine Seawolf was supposedly cancelled for economic reasons and therefore not considered when nuclear weapons were abolished but it was secretly completed and operated in violation of the world treaty.
Dönitz doesn't just want to acquire the weapons for destruction but also to sow mistrust between the nations so that they won't form a united front against Slave Dog.

At the start of the missing you meet up with a Harrier jump jet, the last remaining unit from the Panamerican forces who supports you during the mission.
After stopping the Seawolf and destroying the Heavy Gear, Erika shows up.
As it turns out Erika and Rei knew each other a decade ago. Erika is eager to fight to settle some score but Rei is hesitant.
Both are interrupted by Chiho bursting into the scene. Erika and the rest of the guard decide to retreat in face of the incoming reinforcements.

Back on the mothership, Dönitz is furious about the heavy loses Slave Dog sustained.
Erika takes responsibility and returns to her room to contemplate. As it turns out she loved Rei and can't forget about her.

In the briefing we learn that Slave Dog captured three nuclear tipped Tomahawk missiles.
By themselves their 200 kT warheads wouldn't pose a threat but with Dr Brenan's technology this could be boosted to 20 MT and capable of erasing the whole North American continent, not even considering secondary or tertiary effects.
Goldman deduces that the nukes are a bluff since Slave Dog wouldn't want the tragedy of the last war to repeat.
The future plans will be to try to win the nukes back before anything bad happens. But swimming comes first.
>>
>>3649036
Do you have any time frame for that? I could offer help with translation check.
>>
>Four (half-done) files left!

>I’m aiming to finish before the end of this year :)
>>
>>3654135
Mizzurna so close to being released
>>
>>3654135
Man, it's a pretty good year for translations. We've got Mizzurna and EVO PC98 coming up soon to close out the year.
>>
>>3652354
Man, this is actually pretty damn detailed - too bad most people just remember the lesbian sex.
>>
>>3641173
Policenauts on saturn just got translated on the 28th.
>>
File: sakura taisen.jpg (35KB, 319x400px) Image search: [Google]
sakura taisen.jpg
35KB, 319x400px
People out there will never translate any Sakura Wars games r-right!?

Where do I start to learn japanese? Any tuto to watch or book to read?

mejor si tienen ese material en español, creo que seria mejor aprender en mi lengua madre
>>
>>3655735
there was this project here yeras ago -> https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/the-sakura-wars-pc-fan-translation-project/

dont know what happened to them though, try contacting them?
>>
Super Robot Wars Alpha. Fuck you Gideon Zhi.
>>
>>3655735
You can try the /djt/ guide, has a lot of books, mangas and anki decks: http://djt.neocities.org/
Most of the stuff for learning Japanese is in English, the only book in Spanish that I know is Minna no Nihongo but no idea about how good it is.
>>
>>3655735
>>3655817
That link is outdated, this is the latest version of the DJT guide. http://djtguide.neocities.org/
>>
>>3651363
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1375/
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.