[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gran Turismo series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

>tfw just changed my text ringtone to GT1's car purchase notification sound

Anyhow haven't seen one of these threads in a while.

>sunday cup finishan
>shitty demio sellan
>trying to not oversteer with TVR bullshit artificial difficulty licence test-an
>gto twin turbo rican

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3gd79FkwDc
>>
Going back to play GT1 on a real PlayStation, it boggles my mind how our brains fill in so much of the visual information needed to play it.

Still more fun than Fort'za.
>>
out of my way weeb fucking shits

>>3632734
Agreed. You can run it better when emulated but the real feel of console and a tube TV can't be matched.
>>
>not playing 2 instead
>>
>>3632748
1 is cool 2
>>
>4 replies
>>
>>3633358
5 now
>>
>>3632698
what other games have that sunsety nostalgic feel with their tracks?
>>
>>3633370
GT2
>>
>>3633370
NFS: Porshe Unleashed it even aged very well
>>
>>3632734
I know nothing about racing games.

Tell me why Forza is bad.

Actually please tell me a short summary of the racing game enthusiast opinion of the top 20 racing games series.

Wipeout
Forza
NFS
Burnout
Gran Turismo
and so on...

What subgenres exist for racing games?
Like how Shmups have verts, horis, and chase views.
>>
>>3633421
forza isn't bad. in fact it has been much better than gran turismo for years. GT used to be the gold standard for realism and production value in racing games, but gran turismo 6 was unfinished garbage and now forza is equal or better in every way.
>>
File: RZ.png (62KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
RZ.png
62KB, 400x300px
OUT DA WAY BITCHES

Also, anyone else have trouble playing this game with a manual? I always try to get used to drifting with MT but it just feels weird, and I just end up doing worse than I would with AT, which is easier for me to focus on my cornering.
>>
>>3633427
I recently went back to Forza 1 and was amazed at how well it still holds up. It's the only one in the series that feels like a complete game before the sequels forced you to buy the DLC packs if you wanted all the good cars.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTxKyhntay4
>>
>>3633518
I usually only use manual for license tests. Everything else is auto.
>>
>wanna talk about GT and think back to middle school days
>tfw my favorite game is b& on this board
Late millenial suffering
>>
>>3635521
GT3?
>>
>>3633421
>What subgenres exist for racing games?
my subgenres, with overlap:
-realistic (gran turismo)
-superfast unrealistic (f-zero)
-other unrealistic (ridge racer)
-pseudo-3d (outrun)
-top-down (micro machines)
-rally (colin mcrae)
-moto (excitebike)
-trick (uniracers)
-chase (chase hq)
-objective (crazy taxi)
-kart (japan world cup)
-daytona usa (let's go away)
>>
>>3635616
How about Open World/Upgrade? Some of the Choro Q games fit the bill.
>>
Bring back Special Stage 11 !!
>>
>>3635797
upgrade/tuning would work. off the cuff it seems less important than other distinctions, but i guess it could be a big enough draw (or turnoff) for some folks that it'd warrant mention.

in that vein, i probably should have listed combat, although that might get confused with non-racing action/demolition games.

i wouldn't list open world though. it's driving, but it isn't racing.
>>
>>3635797

2nd gen NFS maybe? Not retro, but close enough.
>>
Fuck this game. I really wanted to get into it, ok. I bothered with learning a lot of technical shit about cars like engine placement and such. I practiced for hours trying to learn how to take a curve without having my car spin out of fucking control each time. I could feel it in my bones, that I was becoming less of a casual and forgetting everything Mario Kart had taught me about simply holding the brakes while steering through the curve.
And then came the fucking license tests. I lost count of how many times I'd get to the finish less than a tenth of a second too late. You have to drive fucking perfectly just to get bronze. Give me just HALF a second of extra time, holy shit. That'd be enough, just half a second.
>>
>>3632698

>TFW you will never be a little kid and do GT's Endurance races with your Dad, Brother & Mom again

Not on topic, but Arthritis is a bitch IMO. I'll still have memories of this game & GT2 though.
>>
>>3636509
I usually just gameshark all the licenses in because ive done them so many times in all the games already.
>>
>>3636509
haven't played gt1, but in gt2 they weren't that bad. some seemed that way at first but there was always fine-tuning that should shave off tenths of a second.

and sometimes there were important thing that i was missing. like with the tests where time stops when you stop, you'll get a much better time if you downshift as you brake and then handbrake and skid sideways.

i mean, yeah, a lot of it is just gitt'n gud, but if you think you're doing it perfectly and are still short then try thinking about what you're missing.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.