[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro PC Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: diablo-2-1.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
diablo-2-1.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
So after playing a little fallout 4 (having never played any in the series) I decided to start from the bottom as Drake would say and I download Fallout 1 and 2, then on a classics binge I got Diablo 1, 2 and the expansions.

I have a really shit computer, it's a 10 year old Toshiba and even Sims 2 was impossible to play on this. But these old school games actually work, so can I get suggestions for games like this?
>>
How about MechCommander? It has the isometric view of Fallout and Diablo, the sci-fi and tactical aspect of Fallout and the real-time action of Diablo.
>>
Do you like RTS's? There's plenty to choose from. Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, Total Anihilation, just to name a few.

Old-school CRPG are another good choice. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment.
>>
>>3632528
Try the Spiderweb software games, all of them are RPG's that feature a tactical battle system and well detailed story.

Exile is their main series which you can definitely run, Avernum was their remake of that series which I mainly recommend and I'm 80% sure you can run. The other spin-off games like Nethergate and Geneforge are more hit-and-miss.

Personally I'd try out Blades of Avernum and see if you like it, then go from there. They offer a very generous demo on their website.
>>
I love Fallout. A perfect game for a homosexual male like me.
>>
>starcraft
>warcraft 2
>age of empires 1 and 2
>heroes of might and magic 3
>>
>>3632528
Jagged Alliance 2 if you want Fallout with less RPG and much more tactical combat.
>>
Master of Orion 2
Heroes of Might & Magic 3
Commandos
Worms: Armageddon
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Civilization 2
>>
>>3632528
Not really similar to what you've got on your hands right now, but Thief 2 might actually run on that thing. Once knew someone who had an even older computer, and it somehow ran fine in software mode.
>>
In additions to those above, go Alpha Centauri, Dungeon Keeper (with keeprfx) and perhaps you can run Etherlords II.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.