[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: th.jpg (12KB, 165x165px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12KB, 165x165px
What does /vr/ think of this.
>>
File: RIP-MEMORY-CARD.gif (87KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
RIP-MEMORY-CARD.gif
87KB, 600x240px
>>3631748
>>
>>3631758
But you can save your character for less
>>
>>3631748
Inferior port but not bad
>>
>>3631748
I'll never understand playing ported PC games (unless there's a bug overhaul). No mods. No expansions. No point.
>>
File: IMG_20161122_003816.jpg (513KB, 912x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161122_003816.jpg
513KB, 912x1600px
Pick up this up
>>
>>3631846
Picked this up
>>
>>3631850
Picked up this Picked this up
>>
>>3631748
Looks, sounds, and plays worse than the PC version.
>>
>>3632061
BANGALANG
>>
>>3631835
Mods ruin artistic integrity and expansions are nothing but lazy cash grabs.
>>
File: D1 Warrior Mail.jpg (236KB, 462x736px) Image search: [Google]
D1 Warrior Mail.jpg
236KB, 462x736px
The lower resolution, long loads (especially when accessing the inventory), and memory requirements all blow, but playing D1 local is pretty cool. If you want to play 2 player D1 it's actually better than the PC version because you can still get singleplayer quests and the dungeon is static. It's pretty much as good of a port as there could have been at that time. Makes me wonder if there was any possible way they could have got that Gameboy port working without completely gutting the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSPwIFLv_ak

>>3631835
To be fair, most of the mods for D1 are pointlessly trying to crowbar it into D2 anyways. Hellfire is really nothing to write home about either. Sometimes I wonder about the planned mini-expansions but as is losing those really doesn't matter at all to D1.

>>3632058
While I'm fine with KB+M, some people really like playing these types of games with a d-pad. It's arguably better than taping your shift key down.
>>
>>3631748
Recently played through this with my woman. Pretty good times. How hard is it to set up multiplayer with the PC version? I liked being able to just plug in a second controller. The load times are fucking brutal and I wanted to rip my head off every time we went to a new floor, teleported to town or fucking died. Excruciating load times.
>>
>>3631835
the merit of D1 on PSX is 2 player mode. if you can stand waiting several seconds for inventory to load up in a game where constant equipment usage and switching is essential
>>
>>3632270
you'll probably need to use a mod like The Hell that has TCP/IP enabled to use for Lan. or grab some cheap computers with serial port and do that chained network assfuckery people used to do before they got internet access or a lan switch
>>
>>3632280
I played Diablo over null modem with my brother.
Synchronization was a major issue. He kept complaining I was shooting him.

If you want a serial port you can just add it via PCI or simple slot cover. Lot of mainboards still support serial and parallel connections, they just don't offer the ports.
>>
File: play.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
play.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
>>3632154
this, playing 2p was awesome
>>
File: playgame.jpg (149KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
playgame.jpg
149KB, 960x720px
>>3632341
the game just looks cool too. my favorite ps1 design
>>
File: 36996-Hexen_[U]-4.jpg (190KB, 844x650px) Image search: [Google]
36996-Hexen_[U]-4.jpg
190KB, 844x650px
>>3631758
GET ON MY LEVEL YOU FAGGOT.
>>
>>3632407
Th-that's basically like 1 whole memory card?

I seem to recall that Warcraft II was also pretty bad with this.
>>
I like this version because you can pause to choose spells from the spellbook. This make certain situational spells a lot more useful.
>>
I usually don't. Diablo is like a poor man's gauntlet.
>>
File: 2400_front.jpg (90KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
2400_front.jpg
90KB, 640x637px
>>3632407
Pic related requires and entire empty memory card for one save. It's also one of the worst games on the system.
>>
>>3632270
I've been playing with my friends over Battle.net recently and it works pretty well. It took a little bit of messing around with compatibility settings to get it running on their systems and I had to open a pinhole in my firewall to host but it has been otherwise flawless. If you want to do LAN, just use this IPXWrapper found here: http://www.solemnwarning.net/ipxwrapper/ and you're pretty much set.

>>3632343
I feel like a fool now, I somehow never noticed the shoulder on the CD is part of one continuous image with the manual.

>>3632591
Care to explain? I love both but they only seem superficially similar to me. Mechanically the various Gauntlets, D1, and D2 are all pretty different from each other.
>>
>>3632407
Another trashy port. Were they even trying?
>>
>>3632419
For reasons I don't understand (because I own wc2 on pc), I got the ps port of Wc2 about 4 years back and played through the whole thing.
I had to delete everything on my memory card...

And holy fuck Beyond The Dark Portal is hard with a controller.
Tides of Darkness wasn't that bad with a controller though, it's just that BTDP requires more micro and speed.
>>
>>3632131
>Mods ruin artistic integrity
Actually, given how much content was cut from Diablo (that is still in the game's memory) to meet a deadline, with how many mods make use of all this content, it'd be the opposite.

As for Hellfire, well, it was what it was. Aside from the extra dungeons it does a few of the same things which a few modern mods try to do (restore unfinished and cut content), but doesn't do it all that well, because it's pretty sloppy.

I hope Belzebub incorporates some of the Hellfire exclusive content some day, the stuff that's not awful.
>>
>>3633181
>RTS on a console
What cruel God would allow this?
For what purpose?
I'll admit my own RTS sin. I played Starcraft with a laptop touchpad once. It was painful.
>>
>>3632280
>a mod like The Hell
The Hell bloats on damage sponge enemies and cranks up their damage to make the game as challenging as possible, there's other ways to play Diablo in multiplayer, the original game should work fine with Hamachi.
>>
>>3631748
Console version is dirtier than trash.

>>3632749
Gauntlet vs Diablo is an old troll that goes "Diablo is for no-skill babies because you can grind past anything." It's only really true if you're comparing the 3d Gauntlets to D2 and beyond.
>>
>>3633206
*2d Gauntlets, I mean.
>>
>>3632280
I used to play this until the creator went ape shit on nerf spree on everyrthing thats viable.
>>
>>3632284
What is that strange plug on the other end of the serial port?

It doesn't look like it will fit into a PCI slot.
Where does it plug?
Is this for old computers that have serial pins sticking up from the motherboard?
>>
It's a surprisingly good port.

Load times are some of the worst on PS1 and takes up a shit ton of memory card space though.
>>
>>3631850
>>3631870
picked up a clip
>>
>>3633261
>mod that plays like paraplegic Dark Souls on crack but kind of playable with enough effort
Why would he nerf everything, The Hell was tedious enough
>>
>>3633310
Into the mainboard. Think of it as how USB ports on the front are connected.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.