[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F zero thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 256px-Fzeroxbox.jpg (22KB, 256x179px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Fzeroxbox.jpg
22KB, 256x179px
Anyone else like this game?
Im not that good so i basically depend on my rivals dying to actually win the cup
My favorite part is falling off the track and dying
>>
>>3627716
You won't last long in GX/AX.
>>
>>3627725

I thought GX has less emphasis on killing your rivals.

X, on the master cup, is a fucking carnage. It's survival-racing.
>>
>>3628059
OP here
Just beat all the cups on expert so i can play master difficulty now
Whats the trick to going fast do i gotta spam boosts?
Also i gotta double tap z or r to shift back and forth real quick amirite
>>
File: large.jpg (167KB, 1000x300px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
167KB, 1000x300px
>>3628130
1. Double Z and R taps are for attacking, not cornering. Press them once and hold them to go through a turn properly (for a beginner, if you can do this the right way, move on to learn how to slide, but this is optional to beat the game).

2. If you have read up about meme techniques like snaking and bullshit, forget it ASAP! Beat the game the proper way!

3. Learn the fucking tracks! Shortcuts aren't always obvious.

4. Don't spam boosts, use them economically. This goes along with no. 3.

5. Play on novice until you can finish all cups with 600 points. Move on to medium, repeat until you can do it again. And so on.

6. You don't have to kill cars to win, but it will make it either ridiculously easy (novice - expert) somewhat easier (master)

7. Try different cars, usually they have one main weakness (or if none, no real strength either). Figure out without what you can do best (grip, boost, body). Pros tend to ignore grip, but I'd recommend to find your own preferred style.

8. Don't quit, give up orstop until you've got all 16 X's. Seriously. You'd deny you of one of the best racing games ever created.

9. AFTTER that, move back to F-Zero first and then move forward to GX. One of the rare cases where the newer game is the harder one.

10. No Falcon Punch memes. Seriously, that's what differs nice people, the F-Zero fans,, from smelly Smash Bros. Autists....
>>
>>3628437
Another good tip is to kill your rival if you're not currently first place on points. It should get you ahead quickly. Sandwich them between a wall and do a double-tap attack right into their flank.
>>
>>3628437
Bless your soul anon. Your kind is rare and precious.
>>
>>3628459
>>3628437
>6. You don't have to kill cars to win, but it will make it either ridiculously easy (novice - expert) or somewhat easier (master).

Generally speaking, yes. But if you have to rely on this early on, the later difficulties will obliterate you
>>
>>3627716
>tfw good at F-zero but incredibly inconsistent

If there was ever a racing game to sit down and learn inside out, it would be one of these games.

Good reflexes are important but F-zero's about more than just that, and I like that.
>>
File: F-Zero_X_box_art.png (193KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero_X_box_art.png
193KB, 250x348px
My absolute favorite racing game of all time. 100% completed it. Listen to that smart man above me, but the only tactic I personally needed to beat master/expert was slide boosting, which is a little exploit where you set your acceleration to max and slide while strafing the opposite direction. Super fun on curvy tracks like Devil's Forest 3. Using your boost during it leads to crazy boosts in speed. Best car for sliding is Blood Hawk or Twin Noritta.

Hang in there OP, completing that final cup with be so worthwhile.
>>
>>3628437
Also another good tip is to play the ghost races in time trials. The car will show you the best lines to use on the tracks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.