[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Focused Gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: World_9-1.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
World_9-1.png
3KB, 256x224px
I never used to solely stick to one or two games, I was that guy who owned and played everything. But as I've grown older I guess I've just distilled my tastes down to the games I absolutely love after sifting through much of the rest. Rarely I'll try some new title, but soon enough I end up right back to playing Mario 2 JP, Balloon Fight, and Tetris.

What are your games that you always return to? Maybe you're even pretty good at them? I'd like to hear about it.
>>
>>3627579
Tetris Attack
Super Mario Brothers 2 and 3
Super C
Donkey Kong Country (I can't help it)
NBA Jam TE
>>
>>3627579
Same. The older I get the more I focus on just the highest quality games.

>What are your games that you always return to?

>IMMORTAL TIER
Fire Pro Wrestling (series)
Smash T.V.

>TIMELESS TIER
Street Fighter (series)
King of Fighters '98
WWF WrestleFest
NBA Jam
Contra (8-bit/16-bit gens)

>ONCE IN A WHILE TIER
any top tier shmup
any top tier pinball game (including Visual PinMAME)
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Metal Slug (1, X, & 3)
Castlevania (8-bit/16-bit gens)
any top tier light gun shooter (especially on NES and Wii)
>>
>>3627618
>any top tier light gun shooter (especially on NES and Wii)

That reminds me, I really miss Time Crisis 2 and the Point Blank series.
>>
For me it's J- and SRPGs
Renai and VN type of shit
and Fighting games
>>
>>3627579
I don't really play anything from my childhood that much anymore, other than having the occasional run at some game I could never beat.

I'm hooked on:

Ghosts 'n' Goblins series
80s Sega arcade games, esp. Space Harrier
roguelikes in general, although I switch games a lot
>>
For me it's less about specific games and more about particular genres with their look and feel.

I mostly go for sci-fi and horror-themed action-adventure games (including RPGs), as well as classic Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid.

For example, Metal Gear, Snatcher, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, EarthBound/Mother, Chrono Trigger and Cross, FFVI and VII. Those are the games I always return to.

I've learned that I really don't care for any straight-played sword-and-sorcery fantasy-themed games, or anything with a generic anime art style. (Zelda seems to be the exception in both regards) And since I play games almost exclusively alone these days, I'm not into sports or racing or other multiplayer-oriented genres.
>>
>>3627579
Balloon Fight is such an enjoyable little speedrun
>>
File: lw3u4pRoqP1qbm81ho1_500.jpg (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lw3u4pRoqP1qbm81ho1_500.jpg
185KB, 500x500px
>>3627579
Final Fantasy Tactics
Super Metroid
Castlevania Symphony of the Night

I could play those for the rest of my life and be content with it to be honest.
>>
>>3627579
Mario 3
Sonic 2
Wiz n Liz
Kid Chameleon
Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers
Revenge of Shinobi
Zelda 2
Link's Awakening
Sid Meier's Pirates
Goemon's Great Adventure
Gals Fighters
Windjammers
Mega Man X
Beetle Adventure Racing
Comix Zone

That's kinda a bunch of my staples. But yeah, no matter what year it is I end up coming back to most of them.
>>
File: ww.jpg (39KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
39KB, 250x360px
I just love this game to death. I play it almost everyday, and I just can't get enough of it.
I'm trying to become a pro at this game.
>>
>>3627618
>any top tier pinball game (including Visual PinMAME)
At the risk of threadjacking, are there any good pre-built packs for Visual PinMAME or VP? Like a mega upload with everything you need to play. I've tried to set it up more than once and always fucked it up or gotten sidetracked.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.