[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sanyo 30 inch CRT flatscreen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Sorry for potato quality - I tried to take a picture of the back but only the serial was clear, the rest was withered and I couldn't get the model number. I have had this TV in the living room for about a year.

Its a Sanyo and it says "flatscreen" to the right lowerhand corner. In the OSD I can switch between 4:3 or 16:9. Kodi however always runs in a letterbox no matter what.

I am trying to figure out the native resolution for 4:3 so I can edit accordingly, but am having trouble identifying this specific TV. As of right now it's pretty impossible for me to move out of the entertainment system, was hoping someone would reconize it. I will try to get a better pic of it and post. Thanks
>>
File: bettertv.png (495KB, 615x544px) Image search: [Google]
bettertv.png
495KB, 615x544px
this is a better pic, I still can't get any numbers besides the serial and google shows up nothing
>>
File: back.jpg (472KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
472KB, 2048x1536px
>>
Looks like a DS series which is a sd set.

Your post makes little sense. Are you using an emulator and having resolution scaling issues? If that is a pic from hardware you have crazy underscan.and need to adjust hsiz,vsiz,hpos and v pos in the service menu to fill the bezel. On old sanyos you turn the tv on, hold the menu button on the set. and un plug it then plug it back in. Write down the original value for anything you adjust so you have a baseline to go back to just in casies.
>>
>>3624531
r audio on composite, cvbs for right audio. get your shit together anon
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-3-5mm-Plug-Cable/dp/B0007V6JCK I am using this to connect a pi to it. Red is video signal on this type
>>
>>3624559
Don't bother with him he's trying to trigger you with the ol'e tricky trick.
>>
>>3624553
it seems like your on the right track
have the same tv so I would suggest OP goes with your advice
OP, if you need to know anything specific I'll dig up my manual for the TV and try to help you out also don't even bother with letterbox unless the left/right sides being cut off really bother you
>>
>>3624802
for emulation everything runs fullscreen 4:3, but for some reason kodi in retropie or openelec run any video at a stretched out letterbox. Really annoying. I wouldn't mind if it was a movie made for widescreen, but when it stretches a SD rip of King of the hill it bothers the hell out of me
>>
>>3624910
you need to fix your config or maybe sttings within kodi to run interlaced 720x480 for 4:3 ntsc sd video

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=286358
>>
>>3625121
thanks, will try
>>
>>3625121
That worked perfectly, thanks anon. I was at a loss of wtf to do as I thought I googled all the right questions but got no answers. Adding that 1 line to config.txt hdmi_force_mode=1 fixed it. I already had the emus running fullscreen but now that kodi works I finally have a use besides emulation for the big ol crt.

thanks anons.
>>
>>3624483
It's a tardmaster 9001.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.