[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SSFIIT arcade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Was it THAT hard?
>>
>>3623476
The US arcade version had a lot of button reading and the opponents hit harder than you. It's not impossible but you really need to know the computer's idiosyncrasies and have good reactions to win.
>>
Who cares, fighting games on single player are boring
>>
>>3623491
What's the difference in the nip and euro versions in terms of difficulty?
>>
>>3623476
It's surprisingly difficult. I always thought it was in my head that Super Turbo was more difficult than the rest, but it's been confirmed by a few sources now.

I've played through the arcade mode of nearly every arcade fighting game there is, and I'd say it was probably one of the tougher ones.
>>
Jap 2 x is easier. Also us hsf ae is even harder/cheaper.
>>
Yes, input reads out the ass at a ridiculous degree.
>>
>>3623517
True and it's hard to find a genre that isn't fun on multiplayer.
>>
>>3623476
As everyone else said, the AI input reading is ridiculous. It monitors your buttons all the time, even when you're knocked down. When you jump, it also jumps. When you attack, it picks a faster attack and interrupts yours with it. That's why I'd advice to not use jump-in attacks unless you're 100% sure they will hit.

But that said, the AI can be pretty dumb too. For example, more often than not it falls like a bitch for tatsumaki. It just stands there not knowing what to do. This can easily let you take a hefty chunk off the opponent's life bar. I often get 2 perfect wins against Dictator just abusing tatsu.

But more importantly, AI noticeably follows set patterns a lot of the time, and they range from dangerous but predictable ones to stupid ritual-like tribal dances. Like, have you noticed how Ken or Blanka just do 3 anti-airs of increasing strength in a row?… Yeah. Once they start, they can deviate slightly from them (like throw a fireball instead of DP), but still they can't cancel it once they've started. That's a good chance to hit them with a projectile or even better a combo.

Others patterns can be eventually memorized and also abused. E.g., have you ever thought that Claw's actions have no reason whatsoever, as he joyously slashes the air and rolls around his cage like a lunatic? You're not the only one. Once you memorize such patterns, you will start catching opponents all the time with DPs. Still I must say that some opponents are hard no matter what you do, especially Sagat.

And it goes without saying that this single mode does shit to teach you playing agaist live opponents.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.