[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a PAL SNES, i.e. 50Hz How difficult is it to mod it to 60Hz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: nintendo_snes-pal_1.jpg (90KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_snes-pal_1.jpg
90KB, 600x453px
I have a PAL SNES, i.e. 50Hz
How difficult is it to mod it to 60Hz?
>>
Not hard at all. A rudimentary job if you have any knowledge of soldering, or soddering if you're American.
>>
>>3622954
>soddering
kek
>>
>>3622954
If I'm not mistaken, the SD2SNES will simply play NTSC ROMs at their correct speeds if used on a PAL SNES.
>>
>>3622983
why would you laugh at that?
>>
>>3623004
No they wouldn't. The machine is outputting 50hz, not the ROM on the cartridge.
>>
>>3622979
any recommended guides?
>>
>>3623021
Yeah, Ikarri just confirmed it:

"Hi,

sd2snes doesn't have a region except for the shape of the cartridge shell itself :)
An NTSC SNES/SFC always outputs 60Hz unless it is modded. Thus your games will run at 60fps just fine. Same is for PAL, which will always run at 50hz regardless of the ROM region.

Cheers
Maximilian"
>>
>>3623034
mmmonkey, or whatever it's called.
>>
>>3623064
hmmm so it involves a physical switch. kinda cool i guess
>>
>>3623007
sounds ridiculous
>>
>>3623007
That's how underdeveloped apes express joy
>>
>>3622979
>soddering
haha
>>
File: 1478361985198.jpg (549KB, 1600x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1478361985198.jpg
549KB, 1600x1477px
>>3622979
>>3622983
>>3623524
So I'm not the only one who's noticed this odd pronunciation?
>>
>>3622954
I'm pretty sure this is not possible because the processor operates at a certain rate, but a PAL SNES has an use, playing Rareware games.
>>
>>3623568
I bet you also say 'ka-nife', 'wa-hales', and 'pa-numatic' don't you?
>>
>>3623959
So it should be "oldering" then?
>>
>>3623082
No lol, there's a switchless mod that's 1000000x times better
>>
>>3623987
-1/10 troll attempt. Pretending to be retarded doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>3624002
Oh thank god, I don't want to be cutting holes in my console.
Is this the right guide?
http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snes-switchless-modchip/
>>
>>3624606
also found this one;
http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/snes5060.htm
>>
once a PAL SNES is modded to 60Hz, will it play PAL games at 60Hz? Or do you need a flash cart with NTSC ROMs?
>>
can anyone actually confirm these work properly. from what i hear they usually mod to about 58 or 59 or even 61hz, All of which can cause issues.
>>
>>3625373
shit, really? I definitely want clarification on this now before doing anything
>>
>>3625384
bumping due to this new revelation
>>
>>3623568

Americans do that a lot.

A town near here is named Norfolk, but everybody calls it "Norfork". If you call it Norfolk, the town's residents will correct you and tell you to call it Norfork.

Don't get confused and assume that it's spelled Norfork, they'll tell you that's retarded, too. They say it Norfork and spell it Norfolk.
>>
>>3626548

kinda related, I never get why english speakers pronounce metal like "Merhul"
>>
>>3626550
I have never heard it pronounced like that. Please don't lump us in with those hillbillies in the south
>>
>>3625384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvyUFWPstwM
>>
>>3626548
"YALL BETTER DAD GAM GIT THAT THERE NAME RIGHT HYUCK HYUCK HYUCK"

This is why we segregate illiterate rednecks to the fucking woods where they belong.
>>
>>3627162
interesting, I've just started doing some reading on it. Sounds like there's something called a SuperCIC upgrade you can make to a PAL SNES to achieve perfect 60Hz. I hope I've interpreted that properly
>>
>>3622954
A lot of PAL games won't run on a 60hz modded PAL SNES btw. Some you can force to work by booting them in 50hz and then switching over to 60 when the game starts, but a lot of them will crash and give you an error message after a few minutes of playing.
>>
Asking here rather than making a new thread because anyone who could answer is probably here already.

How well do PAL SNES games work on an NTSC SNES? I play super famicom games in mine all the time, are most PAL SNES games optimized or did was it like NES games where 90% of the time it was just an NTSC ROM on the cart?
>>
>>3628826
Depends on how perfect you want it to be. In my experience most PAL SNES games were modified from the original NTSC but sadly not in the way you want. The game still runs 17% slower, but timers, audio cues, cut scenes etc. are retimed to end correctly despite the slower animation speed. So running SF2 PAL at 60 causes the title screen and vs. screens to cut off early, F-Zero's countdown beeps don't finish before the race starts... stuff like that. But only a few games like mario kart were full screen and speed corrected and don't run on 60Hz.
>>
It's sounding like turning my PAL SNES into a 60Hz SD2SNES machine might not be possible :(
>>
>How difficult is it to mod it to 60Hz?
very difficult FOR YOU since you are too retarded to google it
>>
>>3622954
Why do yuropoors always get cucked hard in vidya? Every one of their console versions have different speeds, framerates and sounds fucking up the original intent of the developer's vision. Have you seen the PAL version of Mr. Gimmick? Fucking disgusting and deplorable...
>>
>>3629030
Meh, it was just sheer dumb luck that America and Japan both used the NTSJ video standard. otherwise America would have been cucked just as hard
>>
>>3629030
>>3629065
In the 80s most video games in the UK were locally coded on C64s/spectrums/amstrads and later amigas. The NES was REALLY late on british shores, too late to make any real impact. Our games were designed and built for 50Hz and the american versions were screwy if they were brought across at all.
By the 90s, consoles had taken over from home computers and they were the domain of the japanese who designed for 60Hz. By the 360/PS3 days americans supplanted the japanese and PCs rose in dominance, and none of the platforms were tied to 50Hz marking the end of the PAL slowdown winter.
>>
>>3627206
Has anyone had experience with the SuperCIC microcontroller? I hope it's as good as it sounds
http://consolingmyself.co.uk/post/1251747918/supercic
>>
>>3626550
The only Brits who pronounce it like that are ones who were born in the sound of Bow bells m8.
>>
>>3626550
South England here, we pronounce it "Met-ill"
But metalic is "meh-tahl-ick"
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.