[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

not sure if this is allowed, but what do you think of mobile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: dq1andios_012.jpg (694KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
dq1andios_012.jpg
694KB, 800x1280px
not sure if this is allowed, but what do you think of mobile ports/remakes of rpgs?

I like the DQ ones but I heard chrono trigger's was shitty
>>
also I played a little of the first final fantasy on there but it was too slow, preferred dawn of souls
>>
>>3622524
What the fuck with the graphics? It looks like a mangled mess of pixels.
>>
>>3622528
you could exploit FF1 ios
if you were about to lose a battle or just want to skip a random encounter all you had to do was close the app mid battle and you would be back in the spot before the encounter and move freely until next battle
>>
Time for 300 posts about whether the Final Fantasy ports were shit or not.
>>
File: Aliahan.png (2MB, 1200x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Aliahan.png
2MB, 1200x1824px
>>3622532
I suppose. 3 looks better imo though
>>
>>3622539
GBA>=PSP>PS1>NES>iOS/Android
>>
>>3622553
For 1 and 2 at least I mean

3 is PSP>FC>iOS/Android>DS because of the forced online if you want 100%

4 is PSP>SFC>GBA>SNES because of the meh localization>PS1>DS/iOS/Android because of the difficulty spikes and shitty voice acting

5 is GBA>SFC>iOS/Android because of the awful graphics

6 is SFC>SNES>>>GBA>=iOS/Android
>>
>>3622524
dq1 is seriously EZ-mode, dunno about the sequels
>>
>>3622524
The DQ ports are excellent, and for many of the games in the series they are the best available "official" version.

Chrono Trigger wasn't shitty as a port, the shitty thing is that it has a DRM check at the start that requires you to have internet access. So you can't play it if you don't have internet, which is shitty. But otherwise it's good. The only tricky thing it had was the Death Peak wind bullshit, that was hard with the touch controls.

Shoutout to Secret of Mana's ios/Android port, it's by FAR the best version of the game with revamped AI and gameplay. It's really really good and while the English translation hasn't changed, if you know any other language it offers (like french, spanish etc) you get an excellent translation and the story stops being so barebones. It also has no DRM. Theres really no downsides to it besides lack of multiplayer (which isn't an issue because now single player is fun) and nostalgia autism.
>>
>>3622524
The only port I really hate is FF1 on Android. Those fucks still haven't put in any of the extra content on it, but gave it to the iOS users. Fucking lame.
>>
>>3622826
Like the stuff where you can fight omega and shinryu and stuff
>>
>>3622862
Whoops meant that to be a question
>>
>>3622826
Those extra dungeons suuuuuuuuuck. The PSP one is decent though.
>>
>>3622532
Snes and Gameboy ports look much better.
>>
How does anyone even play these mobile port with that shitty navigation control
>>
>>3622950
It's not that bad
>>
>>3622950
yeah, i bought dqiv on my phone because it was the only remake with party chat, but i can't play with the damn on-screen controls; they are so bad
>>
>>3622524

Just get an emulator and stop wasting your money :/
>>
>>3622961
With Android it's easy to find the .apks online
>>
>>3622964

Yes that's true but apk's often have shit inserted into them if you get them from dubious websites.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-21-10-41-52.png (438KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-21-10-41-52.png
438KB, 1024x600px
>>3622524
they're ok
>>
>>3622553
>GBA FF1
>greater than PS1
wew

For 2, it's pretty much whatever main revision is newest since they keep trying to fix the game more each release, at least IMO.
>>
I dislike them.

>touch screen controls
>>
>>3622567
what the fuck, when did FF3 got a psp port?
I got myself the DS version on release, and couple of years later I saw a shitty PC version, but never knew of a psp version
>>
>>3622524
I don't mind ports but I think a lot of those games (DQ, chrono trigger) aren't very good to begin with.

I'm glad Romancing Saga 2 finally got translated.
>>
>>3622816
The always online DRM for Chrono Trigger wasn't in the iOS version. But the DS version is still great.

>>3622826
FF I & II cut out the bonus dungeons on the Android version, at least on the App Store version.

Last I heard of it, if you download the game through the Final Fantasy Portal App, it will have the bonus dungeons, regardless if you're on iOS or Android.
>>
the DQ ports to phone are good because they're designed in a way where your thumb doesn't take up any of the screen that wouldn't be on screen if you were playing on the TV

control scheme is good and the dpad is moveable as well to help you if you're left or right handed as well
>>
File: 1331286650189.jpg (10KB, 225x150px) Image search: [Google]
1331286650189.jpg
10KB, 225x150px
>>3622541
1 and 2 were designed for the smaller screens of iphone 4 while 3 and up were designed for newer phones. 1 and 2's sprites are stretched because of the extra space on newer phones compared to what they were originally made for.
>>
"Smart"phones and tablets (normie devices) are the LEAST authentic way to do retrogaming.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.