[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You fags will argue about anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 214142352352.jpg (174KB, 673x348px) Image search: [Google]
214142352352.jpg
174KB, 673x348px
You fags will argue about anything
>>
File: snow3.png (74KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
snow3.png
74KB, 320x240px
>>3621356
Got NES Contra going right now
I had 3 as a kid and loved it
Original NES I had and loved
Super C is tits too
>>
>>3621356
This isn't /v/

it wouldn't be arguing, it'd be debating.

Both are fucking awesome, I think hard Corp is easier, but that made it more fun for me. bitching music i love the genesis
>>
>>3621356
Both good games. Hard Corps is only playable, or rather on par, once you apply the patch that combines the 3 hit bar with limited continue balance. Otherwise, it's shit and an unnecessary artificial difficulty set for the murricans.
>>
>>3621356
Both are great. I think C3 sounds a tad better, but I'm just not big on FM, so that's more personal opinion than fact.
>>
There's nothing to argue, konami games in the 90s were fucking awesome.

vidya didn't really get much better than that tbqh.
>>
>>3621356
i like both, but i think hard corps has a better overall sense of style and i didn't like the overhead levels in c3
>>
>>3621370
Lol wow.
>>
>>3621425
Pretty sure World of Warcraft has nothing to do with this discussion or this board.
>>
>>3621356

Hard Corps is better. Even Super C is better than Contra 3.
>>
I don't even like Contra 3 enough to want to finish it, but Hard Corps is one of my favorite games.

They're really completely different games. Contra 3 has actual level design as opposed to Hard Corps just ferrying you from boss to boss with little in between. Hard Corps is also strictly sidescrolling whereas Contras 1-3 all have some sort of gimmick stage that I don't like. Both of these make me like Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier a lot more than any other Contra games. They're the only ones I not only liked enough to finish, but thoroughly enjoyed.

I play as Brownie.
>>
>>3621356
Contra Hard Corps!
FUCK YEAR!
>>
I prefer the boss boss boss style of hard corps but 3 isn't a bad game.

Hard corps does have art by the guy who made kite so that is a plus.
>>
>>3621356

Genesis version is FAR better, and i prefer the SNES.
>>
>>3622974

>version

they're 2 completely different games
>>
>>3622975

OK but genesis Contra hard corps / Probotector is still better.
>>
Official Ranking:
Hard Corps > Shattered Soldier > Alien Wars > Uprising > Contra > Super C > Force > Neo > the PSX abortions

Did I forget any?
>>
>>3622986
Not retro, but how would you rank Contra 4?
>>
>>3622986
You forgot Operation C
>>
>>3622982

I respect your opinion.
>>
>>3621356
I played C3 the other day and didn't like it much.

I tried Hard Corps today and I loved it, but I could not beat the first level, wtf

I am someone who beated Super C, maybe I'm getting old.
>>
>>3621356
I don't get why international versions of Hard Corps removed the 3 hitpoints system. The game was very clearly balanced around it.
>>
>>3623192
I don't feel that way at all. Almost everything is very predictable/reactable, you have an invincibility slide, and if that's still not enough, you can just play as Brownie. I think even the international version is one of the easiest Contra games, and the Japanese version is just plain easy.
>>
Super C > Hard Corps > NES > Contra III
>>
>>3623210
If its so easy, why do I find every other contra easier then?
>>
I love 3 and have nostalgia for it, I just played HC recently and I have to say I enjoy it more.

Having 4 unique characters with different weapons, in addition to the branching paths, makes the game much more replayable. Also some of the set pieces are outright insane, it's like they set out to top Treasure after Gunstar Heroes. That being said I do miss the much larger and more interesting levels from 3. HC is definitely lacking in level design.

They're both amazing games worthy of anyone's time.
>>
>>3623231
>nes
>not arcade
lol, pleb
>>
>>3623289
I dunno, but I find every other Contra harder.
>>
Anyone else hate the behind view and top down levels in these games. They really kill the pacing and enjoyment of these games for me. The behind view ones are particularly obnoxiously unfun
>>
File: 1476755039656.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476755039656.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
>>3621356
>oh cool a female character
>sprite looks male
>>
Hard Corps beats the living shit out of Contra 3, and I'm saying this as someone who generally prefers the SNES to the Genesis. Contra 3 is alright but it's one of the most massively overrated games of the 16-bit era.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.