[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the hardest alttp boss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
What's the hardest alttp boss
>>
Ganon, but even then he's not that hard.
>>
>>3618547
This fucker is usually where I die on a minimal no save speed run.
>>
File: Trinexx.png (8KB, 218x216px) Image search: [Google]
Trinexx.png
8KB, 218x216px
Not the hardest but I recall dying many times to this guy. And you had to have plenty of magic.
>>
>>3618569
I managed to beat him on an absolute-bare-minimal run with saves. Never gotten past the ice dungeon boss though.
>>
File: HelmasaurKing.png (7KB, 182x198px) Image search: [Google]
HelmasaurKing.png
7KB, 182x198px
>>3618572
>And you had to have plenty of magic.

That was annoying.
When I played it for the first time, it was pic related for me. He felt like a big step up from the previous three bosses and whooped my ass.
Now, I'd say Blind is plenty annoying. Although none of the bosses in ALttP are really hard.
>>
>>3618723
I agree with Helmasaur King. Definitely a big step up and being earlier in the game you don't have as much health or items, especially the first time playing.
>>
>>3618723
>I'd say Blind is plenty annoying.
Turns the game into a fucking simplistic bullet hell game and the controls are not so friendly for that type of game. I'm not saying it's impossible to no hit it, but it ain't fun or easy.
>>
>>3618547
That worm that pushes you off the ledge so you have to go all the way back up.
Much harder than all other bosses
>>
>>3618723
I don't know if the boss itself is that hard, but the rooms before it always whittled my health down so I only had a couple of hearts to fight him.
>>
>>3618952
You're confusing 'annoying' with 'hard'.

Seriously, how many times do you actually DIE to Moldorm? If the answer is greater than 2, I'll fucking have a heart attack, and if it's 1, I'll still be shocked.
>>
>>3619079
Not him but I died to Moldorm 4 times.
>>
File: IMG_3376.gif (903KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3376.gif
903KB, 320x240px
>>3618572
>mfw you only have to hit it with magic once then it becomes vulnerable to the sword
>>
>>3618572
I died more in the maze leading to that boss than anywhere else in the game combined.
The turtle only killed me once though. And I started the fight with low health.
>>
File: 1478818076268.jpg (24KB, 275x281px) Image search: [Google]
1478818076268.jpg
24KB, 275x281px
>>3618685
I get really close everytime. I think I psyche myself out at this point. It's been a while since I tired last, but yeah, I'm sure once I get past him the game only gets harder, especially without the better mails.
>>
>>3619079
Because you don't "die" doesn't mean it can't be challenging. The punishment is just different.

That other guy clearly finds it very rare to dodge the boss attack.

Besides, when you're pushed off the arena, you have to go back to it and start the fight over, so if anything it's JUST like dying, or worse because you can have to walk back a longer way.
>>
>>3618547
I always found Ganon to be the hardest.
>>
File: Armos Knight.png (344B, 64x92px) Image search: [Google]
Armos Knight.png
344B, 64x92px
I never made it past this guy till i got out of highschool
>>
File: Blind.png (4KB, 104x78px) Image search: [Google]
Blind.png
4KB, 104x78px
I would say Blind the Thief. He throws fire like a motherfucker and I always have to bust out at least one red potion during the fight.
>>
File: 1473719863432.jpg (25KB, 241x299px) Image search: [Google]
1473719863432.jpg
25KB, 241x299px
>>3620567
Good joke.
>>
>>3618547
>>3618569
yeah this guy has a weird bug where if you hit him into a spike, the spike's damage overwrites your weapon damage before the health is subtracted and he doesn't lose any health

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588436-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past/43959744
>While putzing around in Mothula's dungeon later, I was reminded that enemies take damage if they're knocked into a spiked block (e.g. from a blue bouncer, a Somarian block, a sword strike, etc). What damage do they take? Why, Damage Class 4, which is generally 16 damage. If the enemy's a decent distance from the spiked block before being knocked into it, they'll take any damage caused by the initial attack, then the 16 damage. If they're close to the spiked block before they're knocked into it, the 16 damage will replace the initial attack's damage. The (SNES) code responsible for making the enemy take damage from the spiked block? Why, 06/E838.

he doesn't have a ton of health, you just have to hit him properly
>>
>>3620968
much much easier if you have enough magic to fry him with the Fire Rod.
>>
>>3618547

I awalys felt super casual, because the bosses in this game gave me tons of trouble. I remember this one being hard because of that fucking ceonveyor belt and running out of magic quickly.

>>3618723

I swear this guy's fireballs were impossible to avoid, they went in seemingly different directions every time.

>>3618939

Once again this is going to sound casual, but I always felt the controls in ALttP are not good for quick/precise movement in general.
>>
>>3621359
You have to play ALttP more than a couple times to get good at the bosses. Like you said, the controls aren't really good for quick/precise movement.

Mothula and Blind are probably the hardest because their patterns are less predictable and they rely on spamming projectiles. Mothula is much easier with a full Magic Meter; Blind is a lot easier if you have bothered to get the Magic Shield and practiced using it so you can just block the fireballs instead of dodging them.
>>
>>3618547
Just spam that prick with the fire rod. The turtle rock boss in Link's Awakening is the same.
>>
>>3620968
Why, in that quote it says it takes 16 damage if he's next to a spike, not none.
>>
not trying to be that guy, but i beat this game when i was 8 years old without any real trouble until turtle rock.
>>
For the dudes having trouble with Blind, there are two items that you can acquire before fighting him that makes the fight trivial.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.