[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good are you at Contra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (134KB, 641x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 641x561px
How good are you at Contra
>>
>>3618348
Contra is for plebs.

Real men play Metal Slug.
>>
File: Image.jpg (651KB, 1528x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
651KB, 1528x2100px
>>3618348
>choosing to play as a dude
super gay, anon
>>
>>3618348
I can apparently make it through the first couple of levels without taking a hit but never got past that.
>>
>>3618348
The Christmas that I got my NES, Contra was one of the two games I asked for to go with it. Contra and 1943, both of which I'd seen my friends' older brothers playing on their NES.

Over the course of about a year, my younger brother and I got so fucking good at Contra that not only could we reliably 1cc it, we could often do it without even dying once.

Now at 38 years old, I tried to repeat this feat again earlier this year. Surprisingly, with only a few hours of practice I was able to manage it again after all this time. Amazing what kind of useless skillsets we end up keeping in our heads.
>>
>>3618348

I can no-death run it fairly consistently
>>
File: Namnlös6.png (2KB, 120x106px) Image search: [Google]
Namnlös6.png
2KB, 120x106px
>>3618348
I'm better then everyones favourite 40+ year old japanese video game show man
>>
>>3618348
I was never good at it, and it keeps me up at night.
>>
File: B6Pb793CUAA9qy5.jpg orig.jpg (166KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B6Pb793CUAA9qy5.jpg orig.jpg
166KB, 766x1024px
Is there any why the NES Contra never got re-released on the Virtual Console in any of the recent Nintendo platform? It's not even on the Classic NES Mini. Yet Super C got re-released instead. I heard rumors it had to do with some legal issues.
>>
>>3618348

Back in the day, I could clear it without the 30-lives code. I still ate it once or twice most of the time, but generally I didn't need the bonus lives or a continue.

>>3619251

I'm pretty sure it is a licensing thing. Contra is downloadable on XBox Live, but it's the arcade version. My guess is that Microsoft owns the rights to it and won't let anyone have the console port as a result.
>>
>>3619290
>My guess is that Microsoft owns the rights to it
Why would MS own the rights to Contra? Don't tell me they've bought Konami...
>>
im good at typing the code.
>>
>>3619290
>>3619302
Wrong. They released the MSX2 version of Contra on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console in Japan and the AC Contra was recently released on PS4 Arcade Archives as well. It's just the FC/NES version that hasn't been released.

My guess it probably has something to do with the fact that the FC version of Contra ran on a special chip, but that shouldn't be any issue with the NES version released outside Japan. Another possibility (suggested by Hideki Kamiya of all people) might be likeness issue due to Bill and Lance looking way too much like Arnie and Sly on the title screen.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.