[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy 1-6 on iOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Final_Fantasy_logo.jpg (413KB, 2510x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_logo.jpg
413KB, 2510x1079px
Hey guys, first time posting here really. I don't have much time for gaming unfortunately, but I find myself with time while I'm on the go. I don't like phone games I have come across, I find them rather mindless. I recently learned of the FF games 1-7 and 9 being on iOS with 1-6 and 4-2 as a $70 bundle (I'm pretty late to the party). I have very limited FF experience under my belt, having only played FFIII on the nintendo ds and FFX on the PS2, and was wondering if it was worth getting the set?

Specific questions I had in mind were:

How do these remakes hold to the originals?
Is it worth getting them for my phone rather than PC/other?
Should I play them in order?
Which is your favorite and why?
Are there any I should avoid?

Thanks!
>>
>>3618103
4 through 6 are supposedly notorious for butchering the art style of the original SNES games.
>>
>>3618112
At least 1-3 are safe then?
Do you think it's worth it considering this may be the only chance I'll actually play the game?
>>
>>3618103
https://emu4ios.net/
>>
>>3618145
Hmm thanks I'll try this out.
>>
File: 1478532896316.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478532896316.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
least authentic... normie devices... etc...
>>
>>3618191
The fact is I get a "fake" experience or I get no experience at all. I'm not going to lug a tv, SNES, and a controller to work/class. What spare true free time I have I'd rather dedicate to non-gaming activities. Call it being a normie, I call it having responsibilities. Regardless, ofc I'd rather have the authentic experience, I'm not as lucky as you.
>>
To be honest, they're different in essence and a bit in story from the originals.
For the most part, they do not compare well enough to the originals; they're different in many aspects (ie. In FF3 for iOS/Android/PC (which is actually a port from the DS remake, same with 4, I think) you start with only one out of four characters, while in the original FF3 all of the four characters are instantly dropped into the game, not to mention that back then they didn't have any specific name, such as "Luneth" or "Refia" or whatever; they were just "Onion Kids".)

The story doesn't differ that much, still some prefer the original games.

Tl;Dr is that you should give them mobile ports/adaptations a go, then of you have the time play the originals just to get the experience.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.