[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal Forest / Doubutsu no Mori

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (30KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 260x194px
I've been playing this on N64. Never played Animal Crossing, but I've played a little of New Leaf. It's pretty rad. Anyone else played around with this?
>>
>>3618029
I have put in some time on it, but due to the fact that it is just 100% objectively inferior to every other entry (doesn't even have seasons) there is kinda just no reason to touch it.

Gotta say though. Seeing this pop up on the threads list made me have a "Man, good taste, anon" moment. Good on you.
>>
>>3618032
Here's to you, anon.

I might come back to New Leaf, I heard some crazy camping update happened.
>>
I assumed it was all japanese - is it not?
>>
>>3618074
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1581/
>>
>>3618048

New Leaf had a huge update, but most of the stuff is locked behind Amiibo. You can get it via a save editor if you have a hacked or hackable 3DS, but otherwise you're limited to a very small selection of the overall package.
>>
>>3618085
Yeah, this is what I'm playing. Parts look like they were copied from Animal Crossing and are occasionally in the wrong place, and a lot of item names are untranslated but it's not anything that will stop progress.

>>3618094
That's unfortunate. I've never attempted any homebrew shenanigans on my 3DS since I already had a shitload of downloaded games.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 277x182px
I thought the game had seasons? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly
>>
File: image.png (131KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131KB, 320x240px
>>3618271
I'm not crazy. It does?
>>
I heard the villager conversations were better in old games, is that true and why would the devs delete conversation from the new games?
>>
>>3618697
Some of them are definitely a little "out there", I'm not sure it's a case of deleting conversations but rather making them a little less oddball for mainstream players. There are still some very funny conversations in newer games IMO.
>>
>>3618094
The only thing that got locked behind amiibos is the ability to change villagers. The rest is free.
>>
>>3618274
My bad, I was thinking of time. Time never changes.
>>
>>3618697
There are noticeably fewer lines in the first set of games, but the English version made each of the personality types incredibly distinct from one another. Some of the villagers with more rotten personalities could actually come across as snooty or standoffish, with maybe a few lines that actually show some kind of empathy towards the player. But nowadays, even with more lines and a couple more personalities, the villagers don't really ever offend to any kind of capacity, so they all feel pretty comfortable to be around. I guess that plays into the zen aspect of the franchise as a whole, but it's one of the things I miss most out of the older games.
>>
>>3618029
I'm surprised you're even playing Animal Forest, I thought the Gamecube one was just same exact game but with more shit like playable NES games and GBA connectivity that nobody actually used.
>>
>>3620356
Anon! Shhhh we can't talk about that version here!
>>
File: animalcrossing.jpg (75KB, 508x374px) Image search: [Google]
animalcrossing.jpg
75KB, 508x374px
>>3620875

We actually can, on top of it being basically an enhanced port of a N64 game, it also functions as a NES collection.
>>
Why do people play these dreadfully boring games. Out of novelty?

Its the equivalent of having a 12 year old imagination with some sticks and rocks but at age 20+
>>
>>3622434
There's something really addicting about it for a lot of people. Definitely not novelty. I couldn't play it now, but I sunk way too many hours into the GC version.
>>
>>3622434

Animal Crossing on GC came out in 2001 or 2002, I was already a teen back then and I thought it looked too kiddy and that it was probably like a Sims clone, I never cared about it.

A few years ago my girlfriend bugged me about playing the game with her (the GC one, not the newer ones) and I must say I was wrong. There's nothing about Sims in this game other than house decoration, but actual gameplay feels more like a combat-less/dungeon-less Zelda. You go around town talking to other villagers, do trade quests, get items that let you do new stuff, go fishing, use the shovel to find treasures, etc.
It's very light and there's virtually no challenge, but somehow it is addictive, especially if you play it with another person, so both can interact with the town and each time you play the game there will be new stuff to do.
At some point it gets repetitive, but I can see how some people might sink a lot of time with it, it's charming and has a lot of stuff to do and collect, I wonder if a 100% completion of this game is possible.

TL;DR I thought this game was gonna suck and it was actually pretty good, unlike anything else I've played.
>>
>>3618120
It's too bad no one seems to want to translate Animal Forest e+, the updated version of the gamecube one with even more features. That one would definitely be worth playing over the one that got the official localization.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.