[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /vr/ recommend me a good composite switcher? Perferably one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Can /vr/ recommend me a good composite switcher? Perferably one with the capacity for 4 or 5 cables?
>>
File: 31E4BSYYFXL.jpg (9KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
31E4BSYYFXL.jpg
9KB, 300x189px
This piece of shit is OK. It also does s-video in case you want to upgrade.
Just search "pelican switch box" on ebay
>>
>>3616212
This is the one I have, it's great and allows me to have all my consoles hooked up at once

https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Switcher-Composite-Selector-Consoles/dp/B00KXVBB7C
>>
>>3616212
Why the fuck are you using composite
>>
>>3616236
I can second this one, it works nicely.
>>
File: composite is superior.jpg (396KB, 1576x1044px) Image search: [Google]
composite is superior.jpg
396KB, 1576x1044px
>>3616239
because he did not buy into the rgb meme.
>>
>>3616239
Most convenient for simultaneously hooking up a large number of systems.
>>3616243
>Every setup besides mine is a meme
If that's what you like to think.
>>
>>3616243
I understand not wanting to spend the money ,but shut the fuck up. RGB isn't a fucking meme.
>>
>>3616246
Ah, okay. Not sure on the convenience thing. I have two SCART switches, so. Just as easy.
>>
At the very least get one with S-Video out. Composite is just rubbish. You should really not be using it.
>>
>>3616236
>>3616242
OP here. Looks promising. I've bookmarked it but I'm still open to other suggestions.

>>3616239
I'm not EVEN using composite right now. Most of my systems are still on an RF chain because I don't want to keep switching composite cables right now, thus the desire for a switcher.
>>
>>3616253
>RGB isn't a fucking meme.

It making games look better is, though.
>>
>>3616284
Holy shit what a moron.
>>
why are component switchers so much more expensive than composite?
>>
File: Image2.png (27KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
Image2.png
27KB, 960x672px
>>3616287
>Holy shit what a moron.

Check this scene in RGB vs Composite and tell me which one has a better looking light effect.
>>
>>3616343
I think his comment referred to the anon's poor grammar, not his statement of the superior quality of RGB.
>>
>>3616343
>Using Genesis to point out visual comparisons.
Even if it does look better, that's still like tossing some sequins onto a turd.
>>
>>3616297
The same reason component cables are more expensive. Do any retro consoles even use component?
>>
>>3616243
Is there one with S-Video?
>>
Am I missing something here? All I did was buy a bunch of splitters so I have one set of male going into the TV and each one splits into two females and then another splitter into each of those. I bought them for maybe 99 cents each at a dollar store (to be fair only one dollar store in a 50km radius stocked them and it was hard to find) and I just turn on whatever system I want to play and don't have to worry about switching anything, just don't have two systems on at the same time.
>>
Here's what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/MT-VIKI-Splitter-Selector-Adapter-MT-831AV/dp/B00DRGDBTG/ref=sr_1_1?s=audio-video-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1479101021&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6909321011
>>
>>3616358
Well, that depends what we're talking here. If we're talking RCA plugs, then no. SCART is component.
>>
>>3616632
Component commonly refers to YPbPr. It's not an exact definition, no, but it's just the common language.
>>
>>3616413
signal reflections, you are weakening the signal and introducing noise with every splitter you chain down the line whether your other equipment is on or not because nothing is terminated

switches and splitters serve different purposes, one isolates the signal and the other doesn't

you can do what you're doing without damaging equipment but for quality purposes you're basically saying you don't care at all, which is fine
>>
>>3617128
So splitters weaknen signal and add noise.
Is there any purpose for a splitter then?
Other than being cheaper.

Do I have to worry about cheap chink switches not having termination?

Is Nexxtech a half-decent brand?
>>
>>3616242
Before you get on with him, I still use RF. Just enjoy what you enjoy man, less people liking what you like desaturates the market and makes stuff cheaper.
>>
>>3617987

Meant to quote >>3616239
>>
>>3617283
splitters are for splitting an output signal to multiple inputs, not for creating multiple inputs out of an individual input

cheap switches being unterminated isn't a big problem at low signal frequencies like composite as long as the cable run is short enough that you're not losing too much of the signal. physical switches are better than electrical ones for this. (high end switches are electrical but they are also much more sophisticated)

idk about nexxtech
>>
>>3616239
Because he cares about playing video games, not jerking off to CRT images.
>>
>>3618741
90% of people using composite are simply too stupid to use anything else.
>>
>>3618748
You're playing video games on a CRT that you should be sitting feet away from. Any signal improvement becomes completely negligible at that distance.

But plese, do go ahead and keep spending your time needlessly modding consoles so you can jerk off more to the fact that you're getting a "clean" signal than you spend actually playing video games.

Also, as has been shown earlier in this thread, many games were specifically designed with the "dirty" signal of RF and composite in mind, so you are ignoring the work developers put in to utilize those output signals in creative ways.
>>
>>3618765
Mods? Dont need them. Nearly every console supports s-video which is more than good enough. There's no point in defending something shitty, because its still shitty.
>>
>>3618748
I'm actually in the camp that went back to composite after using rgb. I prefer composite because that's how i played them as a kid.
>>
>>3618774
>Nearly every console supports s-video which is more than good enough.
Nearly every console supports composite which is more than good enough, especially when playing video games feet away from the television like you should be.
>>
>arguing good over what's good enough for personal taste
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.