[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think the C stood for? I always assumed it was combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
What did you think the C stood for?

I always assumed it was combat
>>
>>3616175
Contra.
>>
>>3616179
That's retarded. Konami still owned the name so there would've been literally no reason not to just call it Super Contra if that's what it actually meant

That's conclusive evidence that it doesn't mean Contra
>>
>>3616175
Cockadookie.
>>
>>3616182
No, it really does stand for that. They just didn't say Contra because of some Iranian contraband issue.

Look, it's literally called Super Contra elsewhere: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Contra
>>
>>3616182
They were trying to avoid references to the Iran-Contra affair. The Contras were US backed rebel groups, but Congress prohibited providing funds to them so Reagan's administration did it in secret using money from selling arms to Iran who at the time was under an arms embargo. Once the shit hit the fan in the mid to late 80s Konami probably decided maybe it wasn't a good idea to keep referencing that event, but then they continued calling every other game Contra so who the fuck knows.
>>
cuckold
>>
>>3616225
>>3616227
You guys are the anti-fun
>>
>>3616241
In your case it stands for Super Cuck.
>>
>>3616175

Car. During the original publishing run of the game, the cartridges they put out would turn into simple "cars" if you manipulated them appropriately. It wasn't very impressive but anyway that's what the C stands for.

The cars had a simple pull-it-back-and-let-it-go mechanism to drive them forward, but it was pretty weak, probably because they didn't want you crashing your game hard into a wall or whatever and maybe damaging the chips inside. And also, of course, they still had to stay shaped like Nintendo games (mostly) so there wasn't much room for style or good looks. Just a novelty really. (But it's pretty surprising that Nintendo even let them do it.)
>>
Man, I'd love the Contra series more if it didn't have those occasional levels with non-sidescroller gameplay.
>>
File: laughworthy.gif (1001KB, 299x415px) Image search: [Google]
laughworthy.gif
1001KB, 299x415px
>>3616416
>>
What is /vr/'s fav contra? Getting into it and been playing a lot of 3 lately.
>>
>>3616594
Hard corps is fun.
>>
>>3616175
How could you be this stupid?
>>
>>3616182
It's a port of an arcade game called Super Contra and the Japanese version is called Super Contra same as the arcade version, so it does stand for Super Contra.
>>
>>3616175
My wife's son agrees that it stands for cuck.
>>
Super corea
>>
>Super
>not on SNES but on NES
>>
>>3616182
>i'm 14 and i play emulators because i'm a srs gmr
>>
>>3616771
What is Super Mario Bros.?
>>
>>3616776
Emulators are objectively superior to original hardware
>>
>>3616175
the button not on the pad
>>
>>3616794
Ahead of its time hah
>>
>>3616175
It means Probotector.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.