[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neo Geo AES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3717x2801px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3717x2801px
Really tempted to buy one at tax time. Do those magic key mvs to aes adapters cause any compatibility issues? Would just buy mvs but I don't have the space or time for that.
>>
There are people who've turned MVSs into consoles.
>>
>>3615913
They usually cost 3 to 4x more than an aes and I don't want to build one myself though
>>
>>3615936

They systems sure but the actual game carts are far cheaper. You're gonna spend more on one AES game then you will on a MVS conversion
>>
>>3615906
Or you could get a neo geo cd. Games are a fraction of the carts and the same controllers from the aes work with the cd. Just some load times u have to deal with.
>>
you might want to just get a NeoGeo Omega. They flashed the BIOS to run things in AES or MVS modes. And you can turn cheats of for just about every game. Sometimes the cheats are extra characters for stuff like Garou.
>>
>>3616015
this is the way to go.
>>
>>3615906
they do, but most games work.

CD games suck and the loading is awful, don't even think about a CD system.

buy an omega cmvs. https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-mvs-home-console
then buy mvs carts or a flash cart.

done and done
>>
>>3616428
I have one of these and can confirm it's fucking awesome. Arcadeworks.net manufactures them. Met the owner/engineer at a retro gaming convention last month and swiped one up real quick like. He also fabricated awesome arcade sticks.
>>
>>3616530
>500 bucks

goddamn
>>
Build a CMVS yourself.
I managed to find 1-slot board with shipping to my slavland, unibios chip and game included for 60 euro. You can probably find better deals in other countries, with local shipping.
Connecting controllers, outputting audio and video is easy. Also get a multicartridge (138 in 1) and fix it according to neo geo forums instruction.
>>
>>3616428
or you can just flash your own bios or buy one for ~50 bucks and put it into an mvs/aes
>>
is there any gdemu-like solution for the neogeo cd on the horizon
>>
>>3616015
>load times
fuck that
still waiting on that drive emulator
>>
>>3615906
Get Neo Geo X and jailbreak it. Nobody has enough money to 100% collect Neo Geo games.
>>
>>3617801
Knowing that it's based on an outdated FBA port; I don't know why you'd want one. I am assuming that one could buy the original controller and adapter for less, then emulate using a modern FBA or Mame. Sound reasonable or not?
>>
>>3617801
Nobody should support the Neo Geo X.

Also, the new flashcart for MVS is the way to go. You're going to pay out the ass for Neo Geo in the long run anyway, might as well invest in the last cart you'll ever need
>>
>>3617879
Why not
>>
>>3618236
Why not? Besides the fact that it's an overpriced emulation handheld that can't do as much or as well as a PSP? Besides the fact that the aspect ratio is fucked? For fuck's sake, at least look up a review of the unit from someone who knows Neo Geo
>>
Would a full MVS with cabinet/monitor and a 120-in-1 cart for $600 be a steal or is that about market range? I know the cart alone runs $80-$100.
>>
>>3618471

About fair. Depends on condition of things like exterior, and buttons, monitor, etc.

I paid 720 for mine, but it came with some big ticket games (Sengoku 3, Strikers 1945 Plus) but that's also in Canadian.

It had some maintenance to do as well. Full button and joysticks replace is at least 30-40 bucks. more if you wanna put in sanwa or seimetsu buttons.

Monitor is the biggest thing by far to make sure its working. By far the hardest to fix, and the hardest to find a replacement.
>>
>>3615906
MVS is smaller buckaroo.

>>3615936
> i usually buy on ebay
Well there's yer problem.
>>
>>3618471
you used to be able to get the 161 in 1 for 50 on alixpress
depends how good the condition of cabinet is/mainboard type/condition
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.