[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earthbound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (13KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 261x193px
I have just picked up pic related and it's going to be my first RPG. What am I in for? Also, earthbound thread.
>>
>>3615371
Your first RPG? Ever?
>>
>>3615371
I remember when people used to shit on this game all the time on this board. It was meme hated.
>>
>>3615371

Play Chrono Trigger instead. Earthbound is childish and the combat is boring.
>>
File: 12483290301722.jpg (172KB, 708x800px) Image search: [Google]
12483290301722.jpg
172KB, 708x800px
>>3615382
>Earthbound is childish
And what's wrong with basking in childhood wonder every once in a while?
>>
>>3615382
too deep for you, literally.
>>
>>3615439

Id rather read a good book than play that shitty game again.
>>
>>3615371
>literally fell for the hipster meme
>>
>>3615371
I really wouldn't play this as your first RPG. The charm of the game is in its humor, and many of the jokes are poking fun at RPG tropes that would go over your head if you haven't played anything in the genre before.
>>
>>3615371

Final Fantasy II (IV) is also a better RPG to start with than this crappy game.
>>
>>3615371

so no true OP, why would anyone that havent played an rpg ever, buy a 200 dolars game

and i aggree with everyone, not a good rpg, not a bad one. definitively not the one to start with
>>
>>3615382
Video games are childish. Go read some literature instead.
>>
>>3615443
Earthbound isn't the hipster choice, suggest Dream Master for the NES or something if you want to get some deep cuts, not literally one of the most well known and sought after games on the Super NES
>>
>>3615464
I think its a good one to start with. The battle system is very simple and "archetypical" of the genre allowing OP to gain a good sense of the fundamentals while experiencing a seriously good game
>>
>>3615371
Earthbound is great, but it's very different than what most people think an RPG is.
>>
>>3615590
Unless you think an RPG is like Dragon Quest, in which case it's exactly like what you think it is.
>>
>>3615371
hard as fock
>>
>>3615464
What's it like being poor?

>>3615525

What kind of things does it poke fun at?
>>
It's got a memorable atmosphere, but the gameplay is terrible. There are better RPGs to play if you haven't gotten into them yet, FF6 and CT being prime examples.
>>
>>3615371
it's like dragon quest but stupid.
>>
>>3615464
I mean its on the virtual store 3DS for like.£8
>>
>>3615371
Probably my favorite game ever.

I find it pretty easy myself but you might find trouble in sections. Be smart about magic, don't feel like you need to horde it for bosses but don't go bosses with none. Always buy new equipment when you can, money should rarely be a problem as long as fight most of your battles.

Most important though is take it slow and have fun. Don't feel like you need to rush through the game. Earthbound is about the small thimgs. Talk to every npc you can, use random items, search out pointless stuff. Take your time and have fun, wish you luck.
>>
File: 1478533399679.jpg (24KB, 439x474px) Image search: [Google]
1478533399679.jpg
24KB, 439x474px
You bandwagoning faggot
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.