[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equinox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: equinox_3.jpg (162KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
equinox_3.jpg
162KB, 720x540px
Just started playing Equinox for the SNES. So far I am having a blast and have slowly gotten used to the weird 3/4 view and controls.

I am in the second world and so far the puzzles aren't too hard and the first boss fight wasn't that bad aside from one hit being all it takes for me to die.

Has anybody else played this game? Did you play the original? Did you ever get used to how the game is viewed (I find it helps if I sit parallel to the TV and angle my controller's D-Pad so it matches with the layout on the screen)
>>
My first SNES game, loved it despite the fact I never got too far since I was 8.
Still remember dicking around on the overworld after getting stuck and managed to longjump to another world, which didn't help much since it was obviously even harder than the previous one.
>>
>>3615309
I literally just put the game in and started playing, I don't even know the storyline or what all of the controls are but I think I have it figured out so far.

What purpose does jumping have on the overworld? I have only used it to jump into bats so I can fight them.

How far did you get when you were 8? I am almost at the second boss, I only need two more orbs/tokens.
>>
>>3615315
I don't remember how far I got, can't be further than world 2 or 3.
And as far as the usefulness of jumping goes... I have no idea. To avoid enemies perhaps?
>>
>>3615362
Well now I'm stuck in world 2. I need to get the white key to fight the boss and one more token. I have two rooms that I can't solve. The one with the white key has a pit in the middle and a block I can push, but I can't push it around the corner to get to the key. The other room is full of spikes and I have two blocks I can push overtop of the spikes but I can't make the jump and if I keep pushing I touch the spikes and die.

Now I am contemplating using a guide because I obviously don't understand the mechanics behind how these blocks work.
>>
>>3615270
This is one of my favorite games. Solstice is also fantastic.

It's worth pushing through and trying to finish it without a guide. There are certainly some confusing situations at first, but it's satisfying finishing it. I ended up mapping the last dungeon although it may not have been necessary.

The atmosphere in this game is amazing.

I spent a while trying to find other games like this that were as good, but failed. Head Over Heels and Monster Max are not bad, though.
>>
>>3615695
>>3615375
I had to look a the guide to figure out that I can push a block against another block and push both of those blocks together. This goes against every other game with block pushing mechanics so I doubt I would have figured that out. I'm just at the boss in World 2 now.
>>
>>3615270
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>3615270
Solstice is far superior, but this game isn't bad.
>>
>>3615270

I prefer Solstice, but Equinox is pretty good. Last couple dungeons get pretty hard. Boss fights are pretty mediocre, I guess it's nice to get a change of pace from the dungeon crawling though
>>
>>3615362
Don't worry, you have a few years ahead of you before you beat world 3
>>
>>3615270

I didn't get into this one. It has a lot going for it but it was too tedious for me. I loved Solstice though.

Good graphics on this one. That's one of the things it has going for it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.