[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrono Trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: chrono_trigger.jpg (145KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
chrono_trigger.jpg
145KB, 1024x768px
Haven't played this game and I'm wondering what's the best way to play it?

There's the version for the DS, which has new features.

And there's the PS1 version, which has new animated scenes in between game play.

Which route should I go?
>>
Also, I don't have a CRT at the moment.
>>
SNES a best.
>>
The PS1 version has new cutscenes but horrible loading times. However I think it has multi-player if you care about that.

The NDS version has the PS1's cutscenes plus new content and no loading times. That is generally considered the best.

However, a lot of fans reacted negatively to the new content and felt it was unnecessary, so you could also just play the original which holds up very well.
>>
>>3614532
> reacted negatively to the new content and felt it was unnecessary
Probably because the new content is pretty terrible and adds nothing. Probably also because it's trying to tie it even harder to Chrono Cross, which a lot of people try to ignore.
>>
Just play the original first, the game has 12 different endings which require different ammounts of playtime so if you like it, then emulate the PS1 remake.
>>
>>3614526
>I want the classic Woolsey translation
SNES
>I want the pretty anime cutscenes and bonus content
DS
>I want the pretty anime cutscenes and the classic Woolsey translation
PS1, be prepared to get buttfucked by loadtimes
>>
>>3614526
Emulate it, less of a hassle. I did it, watched a few youtube videos when I was stuck and not sure what to do.

Honestly the game isnt that great, guess its more about the grinding.
>>
Currently playing this right now.
I have the DS version which I really love for the cut scenes. But I only have a 3DSXL at the moment and don't really enjoy playing it on there, wish I had my old DSlite.
What I'm playing it on is a Wii emulating SNES, which is good cause I'm using a CRT. But man I miss those cut scenes. I say go with DS if you can, if not SNES, PS1 would be a last resort.
>>
>playing a JRPG for the cutscenes
>>
>>3614575

I'm a big fan of Akira Toriyama's art so it's eye candy for me.
>>
>>3614568
>But I only have a 3DSXL at the moment and don't really enjoy playing it on there, wish I had my old DSlite.

May I ask why you prefer the smaller screen?
>>
File: chrono_tigger_by_songbladex.jpg (229KB, 771x1037px) Image search: [Google]
chrono_tigger_by_songbladex.jpg
229KB, 771x1037px
I originally played it by emulating it on the SNES and I eventually got the DS version. I definitely like the DS version more though there are a lot of gems in the SNES translation. The DS version has more content like the arena, bonus options, anime cutscenes, a bestiary, and so on. The SNES version has better quality music though.

Just start by emulating the SNES version then move on to supporting the official release by buying the DS version while reliving it with new features, or if you are a portable gamer than get the DS version first
>>
>>3614568
>>3614613

Interesting. The DS lite screen makes many games too small for me to enjoy. I only started really enjoying the DS when I get my N3DSXL. I guess the stretching could annoy some
>>
>>3614549
So are you saying that the script was re-written for the DS version?
>>
>>3614627
It didnt help that the DS lite screen was horrible in terms of video quality. It wasnt the same as the original but smaller it was cheper crap.
>>
>>3614674
It was re-translated. They dropped Frog's ye olde Englishe, and changed the names of many items, as well as all the Woolseyisms Woolsey was known for. I think you should play the original, and move to the DS if you like it enough to replay it. The old translation is too charming to miss out on.
>>
Are the graphics on the PS1 version superior in any way?
>>
>>3614792
No
>>
>>3614798
Fuck
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.