[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come none discusses this game? is it that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 19

How come none discusses this game? is it that bad?
>>
Battles take forever, so the only thing in your mind is the battle theme. The NES games did the fighting better - battles are much quicker there.

This game is actually a remake of the first 2 NES games.

Final boss theme is fucking sick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YlHBG4Q_qw
>>
It's often mentioned on Dragon Ball vidya threads, even on /v/. That game was very popular thanks to emulators back in the early 00s. It's pretty good, a 16-bit remake of the first 2 Famicom DBZ games.

The third part remained only on Famicom, it was actually released late into the Famicom's life, and after Super Saiyajin Densetsu on SFC.
There is also DBZ Gaiden (which served as the source for the OVAs).
>>
>>3613195
The third game was also incomplete, since the final boss was Imperfect Cell. I think the manga wasn't even in that part yet.
>>
File: coolertokusentai.jpg (101KB, 597x500px) Image search: [Google]
coolertokusentai.jpg
101KB, 597x500px
>>3613198

Yeah, it wasn't incomplete, they just went with the latest stage of the manga, in fact, the game has filler before you fight the androids and cell, using Cooler and his tokusentai from the 8th movie that was also released around that time.
>>
>>3613179
Not much to discuss, everybody already played it to death on zsnes 14 years ago.

I hated how you got randomly attacked after taking 4 steps in any direction, made it impossible to progress in any direction because you completely forgot where you stood.

but it was fun as fuck to change how DBZ goes in a few ways. Like having all the humans go to Namek, keeping Ginyus body and then body swapping with Freeza, or making Gohan go Oozaru against Freezy, etc.

Biggest turn off for me was the fact that Super Saiyan goku was just a palette swap.

Also, you can choose to fuse Piccolo with Dende if memory serves right, you lose your healer but Piccolo gets ridiculously powerful. Then you can beat Freeza using him and Oozaru Gohan.

They had SS Gohan in the game too, but you can only get him through hacking. As I recall, he was almost as strong as SS Goku, but had a bugged defense and could randomly die from any attack.
>>
It's crap. Bad graphics, repetitive music, THOSE FUCKING RANDOM ENCOUNTERS, grindfest, confusing level design.
It's a pretty lazy game done to make a quick buck of dumb kids. Another DBZ shovelware.
>>
I don't care how shitty it is. This game is one of my guilty pleasures along with some other infamous game on the PS1 about a japanese TV animated series.
>>
>>3614264
This one, anon? YOU LIKED THIS FUCKING PILE OF SHIT, ANON?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbXEcBFqNo
>>
>>3614264
Digimon World?

I would say Monster Rancher but its hardly infamous.

I remember enjoying Super Saiyan Densetsu on emulators way back in the day. It was really neat to have a DBZ RPG, but I think that was the only thing keeping me playing it. I petered out shortly after you get to Namek. My biggest beef was probably that most of the enemies were cybamen/ginyu force recolors. I bet if they could have gotten Toriyama to draw up some new and unique enemies for the games it would have been more interesting.
>>
>>3614281
Why is Piccolo doing his best Jack Nicholson impression?
>>
File: DBZgokuden1.jpg (17KB, 256x238px) Image search: [Google]
DBZgokuden1.jpg
17KB, 256x238px
>>3614264

The game isn't shitty, it isn't GOAT either but it's a nice RPG that follows the DBZ adventures. The card system makes it somewhat original or different from usual menu based combat and also the things >>3613258 mentioned.
It's a game for DBZ fans, but it does its job.
Another interesting DBZ game for SNES is Super Goku-den. A mix of interactive story/quiz and RPG combats. You can also alter some things from the original story, etc.
The fighting games are still the best ones (especially Super Butoden 2 and Hyper Dimension), but I like both SSD and Super Goku-den as well as the Famicom RPGs that are like SSD.

As for the PS1 game, I hope you're not referring to >>3614281 or Ultimate battle 22, those were some of the worst DB games ever made.
DBZ Legends is pretty interesting, I loved it as a kid.
>>
>>3613258
You lose the item to transform Gohan into Oozaru if you defeat Vegeta without using it.
>>
>>3614379
No, you don't. I kept the card until the battle againts Super Sayian Vegeta
>>
>>3613179
>is it that bad?
it would be much better if the same track didn't play for the entire fucking game
>>
>>3614359
Sadly the Super Gokuden translation is terrible
>>
>>3614565
You are a giant faggot for making me try it.
You DO lose the "moon" item.
>>
File: gokudenOST.jpg (143KB, 368x364px) Image search: [Google]
gokudenOST.jpg
143KB, 368x364px
>>3614570

Yeah, I know.

I still enjoyed it but some of the quizes were hard to make anything out of due to the bad translation.

The OST was amazing.
>>
honestly, I liked DBZIII Ressen jinzou ningen much more
>>
File: IMG_20161113_122242.jpg (331KB, 1280x1010px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_122242.jpg
331KB, 1280x1010px
Had to pick the game up again...
>>
>>3614580
So how the fucking fugg I still have the item on Namek?
>>
>>3613179
>How come none discusses this game? is it that bad?
Pretty much all dragon ball games are kusoge. The nips at Bandai always knew the name alone would sell their games so they never even tried to make good ones.
>>
And how I'm here using it to fight one of the Freeza's Mistranslated Minions?
>>
>>3614281

Shit game but man, music is fucking great. Wish they'd kept this composer instead of switching to that hack for the Budokai games.
>>
>>3615043
I would not be surprised if this was a bug in the translation that resulted from a name change and poor programming.
>>
>>3615416

True that. Music was consistently great in old Dragon Ball vidya thanks to Yamamoto and his Project Monolith group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV6z1oZXCCw
>>
File: snes9x-x64.webm (804KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
snes9x-x64.webm
804KB, 512x448px
>>3615041
Such a tremendous faggot you are, you decided to cheat instead of just admitting you're wrong?
Stop wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>3615476
I don't think it's really a cheat (I mean a PAR code or something), because I remember reading back in 2001 that using Oozaru Gohan against SSJ Vegeta was a legit strategy back then, since Vegeta's BP is 1 million points above Goku's, and Gohan's transformation is a hard increase of x10, meaning his BP skyrockets to over 20 million or something.
>>
>>3615476
The game is buggy as all fuck, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could keep the item just by doing something like reordering your items during the fight.

That's how you get to keep Ginyu in your team as well, and then you can use him to body swap with Freeza.

Or you can use Dende to get a zenkai power up, without having your level actually increasing.
>>
>>3614567
>the music became burned in my mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQD-_BeRCk
>hallucinates fights between saibamen recolors before sleeping
>all with dialogue boxes badly translated to spanish like some rom I downloaded 16 years ago
>SAIBAI ATACA!

>>3615476
No, Anon, it's not a cheat. Possibly a bug.

>>3615513
Great Ape Gohan is really powerful, but his attacks are weak. He's like a damage sponge.
>>
Never played that one, this one however, is incredible. As I understand it, it's very similar, too. And fully localized! Covers the entire series to Buu, IIRC.
>>
>>3616068
One of my favorite games ever and I find myself replaying it like every 3 years
>>
>>3613179
I love the game's Card System. I'm surprised there was no attempt of making it happen in real life.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (446KB, 1599x1174px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
446KB, 1599x1174px
>>3616124
>I love the game's Card System. I'm surprised there was no attempt of making it happen in real life.

There was a long set of bandai cardass that had a fight mechanic not entirely unlike that game. I think the actual defense/attack values were on the back of the card though.

I still have a shitload of them French cards. I wonder for how much would they sell online - I need the money.
>>
File: Cell Z-Fighter.gif (261KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
Cell Z-Fighter.gif
261KB, 384x256px
>>3613258
>having all the humans go to Namek
>body swapping with Freeza
>making Gohan go Oozaru against Freezy
>fuse Piccolo with Dende

I love changing the timeline like this. Sometimes it's only in endings (pic related), but I always love it.
>>
>>3615416
Are you retarded?
All Butoden games had music by Yamamoto, and Yamamoto also did the Budokai games.
The very same plagiarist and Butoden music was indeed also plagiarised.
>>
>>3617174

Cell theme from Butoden only sounds vaguely similar to the Pink Floyd theme at the beginning, it's hardly a plagiarised song.
>>
Playing Super Saiya Densetsu and then going straight into Legacy of Goku 2 and 3 (Buu's Fury) is objectively the best choice.
Legacy of Goku 1 is just pure trash where they were clearly experimenting with the idea and didn't know what they were doing yet.
LoG2 is so much smoother and actually well made in comparison it's kinda mindblowing.
>>
>>3617227
Yamamoto could compose and did compose tracks on his own.
Problem is that for every track he composed he stole 3 different ones.

That's not the point though, the point is that you said composer got replaced with "that hack" when in reality it's the same person.
>>
>>3617238

I'm not the other anon, never even played Budokai or other modern DBZ games.

And yeah he did plagiarise a couple, from what I've seen, a Stratovarius song and even one from avatar? lol.
But the Cell Theme that everyone says is plagiarised from Pink Floyd, I think the similarity is there, but it's not the exact same, and the theme totally changes after the intro.
>>
>>3617247
Budokai are bad in my opinion since they're clones of the 3D Mortal Kombat games (the ones with sidestep etc so MK4-MK8) and don't do the series justice. Heck, only Budokai 1 had actual story mode with cutscenes, Budokai 2 and 3 just had chessboard/world map respectively with static JRPG tier portraits and speech bubbles simplified to the extreme.
I will never understand why people like those games, the ripped off music is the only thing I enjoy about them.

Tenkaichi games (made by different studio) however are great DBZ simulators, actual flying around in big maps, very fleshed out story mode, environmental destruction etc. In Japan those just reused anime soundtrack while western versions had new music with the exception of first Tenkaichi which just reused music from Budokai 1-3.

Then you had the PS360 games - Burst Limit was a remake of Budokai 1 by the Budokai developers, with new freshly ripped off music by Yamamoto.
The the Tenkaichi devs made new Tenkaichi-styled games called Raging Blast which again just like Tenkaichi on PS2 used anime music in Jap versions and had freshly new composed replacement music for western versions. Raging Blast 2 (in the west) actually had music by Yamamoto which was his first (and only) foray into providing music for Tenkaichi style games.

Then Spike, the studio behind Tenkaichi games, went belly up due to their holding company bankrupting.

And now we have Xenoverse which is Budokai devs take on trying to ape what made Tenkaichi games good without understanding basics and as such Xenoverse 1 and 2 still play worse than Tenkaichi 1, let alone 2/3 or RB1/2.
>>
>>3617262
>Tenkaichi games (made by different studio) however are great DBZ simulators
And an absolute horror to play.
>>
>>3617296
Spoken like a true pleb that can't handle 3D space.
Seriously the games are extremely intuitive, I can't grasp how subhumans like you can't handle it.
Is it because you were raised on slow as shit silky smooth 15 FPS Tekken?
>>
>>3617296
I'll admit the controls are a bit of a mess and take a lot of getting used to, but once you get the hang of them holy shit.
>>
>>3617262

Thanks for the breakdown on modern games.
I actually played one of them, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Wii, several years ago. Played with a friend who knew how to play, and it seemed fun, had flying and split-screen which reminded me of a 3D Super Butoden game.
But I didn't really play it much, just that one time. I should go back to it sometime.

I also played the demo of Extreme Butoden on the 3DS. It's cool, but it doesn't really play like a Butoden game.
>>
>>3613179
>>3613195
I've beaten the nip version of Z and ZII, but got stuck with ZIII.It was in the early 90s with no interwebz for walkthroughs.

Actually I don't even know if anyone wrote english walkthroughs for the games.

I bought NDS reboot of sorts, the battle system is very much dumbed down and requires a lot of luck to beat the boss enemies. There's no way to grind BP and items to win easily either.
>>
>>3617319
>I also played the demo of Extreme Butoden on the 3DS. It's cool, but it doesn't really play like a Butoden game.
That's because it has nothing to do with original Butoden or its devs. It's just Bamco being scum and reusing the brand for name recogniton.
Game is basically glorified Mugen.
>>
>>3613179
Because it's just too long... there's over 9000 levels! Ha ha ha
>>
>>3617446
I also never beat "Dragonball 3" for the famicom. That was just too hard.
>>
>>3617446
>I bought NDS reboot of sorts
Wat? There is no reboot on Super Saiya Densetsu or the Z1/2/3 on DS.
>>
>>3617460
Wait lemme google up the name. I already sold the cart...
>>
File: nds shit.jpg (65KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
nds shit.jpg
65KB, 500x449px
>>3617460
>>3617461

It was this game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Harukanaru_Densetsu

And I got it wrong. You can grind for XP on some missions where you can go round and round in circles and there's no time limit, but after a certain level(depending on the mission) your XP gain will be extremely low, so it was impractical to overlevel to beat the boss enemies. There was a also a very low limit to the number of items you could store.
>>
>>3617473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anQJr2ZAgNA

There's playthrough videos on youtube too.
>>
>>3617473
>>3617479
But this is nothing like Z/Super Saiya Densetsu other than also having cards.
This is just awful.
>>
>>3617509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMjQXt2USw

You could also collect dubs and cards in the game for keks.
>>
>>3613179
beat on some super famicom emulator that my friend installed back in 2000. With moon runes progressing the story and just figuring out the items was the worst trial and error ever
>>
>>3617510
Gotta Trade'em All
>>
>>3613179
its awsome are you kidding
>>
File: dy93pe.jpg (140KB, 1117x706px) Image search: [Google]
dy93pe.jpg
140KB, 1117x706px
>>3613179
>dragonball game nobody ever talks about
>always mentioned in every dragonball thread
here's one nobody ever actually talk about
>>
>>3619252

We've talked about Buyu Retsuuden in past threads, though.
>>
Been years since I last played that, but I think the game was pretty hard early on and you needed to grind a bit to defeat that fake Raditz in a cave.
Other than that, keeping almost everyone alive through Nappa&Vegeta's fight and the facing SSJ Vegeta was pretty neat. Using Tenshinhan in Namek also felt good

>>3613258
>keeping Ginyus body and then body swapping with Freeza
>Piccolo+Dende
Fucking hell. I missed that

>>3614359
>Gokuden series
I loved the first. That soundtrack was pretty good
2nd game was insane due to the great amounts of what-if every damn decision. As far as I recall, every time you decide in some what-if ending you have to start the game from the beginning, so the most I saw was like 3 endings. Normal ending, Tenshinhan Mafuba'd Piccolo Jr in the tournament and dying, and Gohan killing Piccolo and join the saiyans(Nappa and Vegeta too while destroying Earth) because Piccolo missed the makankosappo on Raditz and killed Goku instead.
>>
>>3619435
>Tenshinhan Mafuba'd Piccolo Jr in the tournament and dying, and Gohan killing Piccolo and join the saiyans(Nappa and Vegeta too while destroying Earth) because Piccolo missed the makankosappo on Raditz and killed Goku instead.

That's crazy, need to play this game.
>>
>>3619435
I would love a DBZ game with an actual non-linear branching plot that expanded on What Ifs instead of them being a minor thing.
>>
>>3619252
Who the fuck is Dustin? Why do they keep changing the names?
>>
>>3619252
Man that game with Genecyst was like the standard download back in the DBZ craze over here in the late 90s/early 00s.

A few years later I managed to snag an original cart of that French release. Complete with box and manual, even if the manual has some highlighter marks in it.

It works wonders at parties, due to everyone knowing everything about the show, even those who didn't watch it back in the day.
>>
>>3619435
This is my new favorite thread on /vr/. Those alternative details are interesting as fuck.
>>
>>3619252
Now THIS was bad. Like a fucked up Butouden.
>>
>>3619584
I need this in my life.
>>
>>3619252
best music tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d9HVM5OVRE
>>
>>3617296
>dissing Sparking Meteor
>>
>>3616068
This game had this so much fucking content. I loved it.
>>
>>3617262
>In Japan those just reused anime soundtrack while western versions had new music with the exception of first Tenkaichi which just reused music from Budokai 1-3.

That was fucking bullshit. I was able to play the first Sparking before it was localized, and I was blown away to fucking outer space. At the time it seemed to me like the perfect DBZ simulator, and pretty much the game to end all games, not only because it had so many characters (the entire ginyu special force holy shit) but also because it had the exact same music from the anime. It was like playing the TV series.
I was so excited for the english version, but when I got it I was massively disappointed because the different music made the whole package feel cheap as fuck, it completely lost the magic.

These days I just play the jap versions.
>>
>>3617302
>if you didn't like x than you're y
This again. Feel free to like things you like senpai.
>>
There was flash game in the past with similiar card game mechanics to this game OP mentioned, anyone have a clue the name of the game?
>>
>>3619252
Damn floating physics(that damn animation when falling), slow-ass mechanics, no combos. Just the soundtrack was very good. The other good thing was how some countries had the original japanese version, so they would sell the game+pal converter that could be used to play jpn versions in pal consoles.

>>3619548
>>3619665
I was googling around and there is barely any info about this game after all these years. There are just few names for the events/what-ifs and 2 that caught my attention were "Vegeta becomes immortal" and "Freeza becomes immortal". There is probably weird events/what-ifs with Ginyu changing bodies for sure

>>3619584
Same. They need to explore that more with more alternative story paths, instead of just a couple of fights about a specific what-if "if that character does this or joins Goku and friends".

>>3620548
That pissed me off too. And how they take out the japanese themes for instrumental. Americans were screwed over ever since, europeans since Tenkaichi series.
>>
>>3619435
>>3619584
>>3621149
I always recommended that game because of those quizzes/what if scenarios if you won/lost certain fights but people said they weren't fond of Ultimate Tenkaichi and that's why they dismissed it.

Ultimate Tenkaichi imo should have just been a Gokuuden remake. I really wish they'd take another attempt at retranslating it.
>>
>>3613258
>having all the humans go to Namek
Wait, why would they go to Namek if everybody lives?
>>
>>3621814
Piccolo dies regardless of outcome since Nappa kills him anyway in a cutscene.
>>
>>3621821
That makes sense. Thanks!
>>
>>3613194
>Battles take forever
It's not an issue if you emulate the game thanks to fastforward button.
>>
>>3619435
Is there any good translation for Dragon Ball Z: Gokuden 2 ? I really want to play it but whats the point if i don't understand shit.
>>
>>3620362
My favourite theme from when I was a child too.
>>
>>3622238

There is only one english translation and it's pretty bad, but you can still at least understand what's going on, if you're familiar with the series that is. Worth playing though.
>>
File: dbbzf.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
dbbzf.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Speaking of Super Gokuden, I love how in the pause menu screen you can see which volume of the manga you're currently in along with a small sprite art of said volume's cover art.
>>
File: 1472633984968.jpg (93KB, 731x787px) Image search: [Google]
1472633984968.jpg
93KB, 731x787px
>>3613179
I've only played Attack of the Sayians when it comes to DBZ games. If it means anything it's probably one of my favorite games on the DS and I wish they actually continued it.

The other RPGs look somewhat interesting but I am absolutely SHIT at anything card game related. So that kind of puts a hamper on my desire to try any of them out.
>>
>>3622990

I don't know if it is in the main menu or in pause menu, but there is a menu with all manga covers that are unlocked through the game.
>>
>>3614580
If you stall Freeza for 6+ turns as Nail you get an extra wish on the dragon balls that can give you another moon card.
>>
>>3622990

that's really cool
>>
How do I git gud at Butouden 2?

Been playing online against some japs and they raped me.
>>
>>3626343
>playing against the asian

You silly silly anon.
>>
>>3623178
The SNES one is easy to figure out.
>>
>>3620731
>flash game
Back to >>>/g/
>>
Are the Famicom RPGs worth playing even after playing SSD on SNES? Are there any changes and differences, or SSD is a literal port of the 2 first games with better graphics?
>>
File: dbzgd.jpg (684KB, 1280x952px) Image search: [Google]
dbzgd.jpg
684KB, 1280x952px
>>3623330

You're right, it's on the pause menu, you have to press X to see the manga history of what you've played so far, pretty damn cool.
>>
>>3631131

I only realized that like late game when the translation gets fucked because it was only 70% complete. Shit, it's been at least 10 years since I played that.
>>
>>3613179
How the hell did they get Goku's Super Saiyan hair wrong?
>>
>>3631856
They didn't. They were lazy and just recolored Goku's hair.
>>
>>3616068
>As I understand it, it's very similar, too

Emulation made Super Saiya Densetsu extremely popular, so much that it actually influenced in one way or another all the other DBZ rpgs that came after the world was exposed to it, this one was released to the sole purpose of exploit that sudden explosion in world wide popularity, it was released in 2002, seven years after the last DBZ rpg.

And man did they hit the nail in the fucking head.
>>
>>3619252
Man, I bought that day 1 when it was released here. The cartidge was the japanese one, so they had to include one of those region converter cartidges. And then Legends was also released here for the Saturn and everyone was hyped as fuck to play it.
I miss those days.
>>
>>3631726

I also played the translation many years ago, but I never got any of the crazy shit mentioned on >>3619435
Playing it now on the actual SFC, up to the Nappa and Vegeta fight right now.
>>
>>3616068
This game is actually good? I would like a good DBZ RPG but the notion seems like such an oxymoron.
>>
>>3632014
>They were lazy and just recolored Goku's hair.

Or they had a
- limit on how much graphics they can put in the cart (more graphics = larger cart = larger price)
- very tight deadline and this was the only way they could get it done.

Given how half-assed and buggy the game is, I'd go with the tight deadline problem.
>>
>>3614567
DOOOOOOOOO
DO DO DOOOO
DO DOOO DOOO DOOOOOOO
DO DO DOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>3632031
>go to the usual videogame store just to see what's new, not even thinking of buying a game
>can't believe there was a DBZ game for the Saturn
>can't leave the fucking store, just call my parents from the door
>had to convince them for a few minutes to buy me the game
>finally get the game and just want to go home
>read the manual on the way
>"Trunks... from the future... Gotrunks fusion of Go-who and Trunks.. wait, what?"
>just start playing the game
>game is in french and I don't understand french
>game goes after Freeza events
>spoils me the series with a Fat Freeza and some old man with RR in their outfits, some Green looking dude that brings little blue clones, Gohan with spikier hair, pink aliens and Goku and Vegeta clashing into each other becoming some other person
That was a fucking ride. Soundtrack is god-tier.
>>3633343
No one would ever bother to play that game like more than 20 times to see a specific what-if ending and then start all over. Once again, that game has also a menu where you can see the titles for that shit and as far I recall there was 80+ entries, from story canon things + what-ifs.
>>3633386
For a game that was rushed, they sure dropped the ball when SSJ Vegeta appears after the credits roll and when that bastard can kill every single one of your friends pretty easily.
>>
>>3633503
>No one would ever bother to play that game like more than 20 times to see a specific what-if ending and then start all over.

I'll make sure to do it, slowly but surely.

Also, I know what you mean by getting spoiled by DBZ Legends, it also happened to me and also with Super Butoden 2 on SNES. In fact, SB2 was my first DBZ game and up to that point I wasn't even that familiar with DBZ, on TV it was still Dragon Ball here (Piccolo saga or so).
I didn't know who most of these guys were.
It's quite an experience. I also played both of them in japanese.
>>
>>3634283
>I'll make sure to do it, slowly but surely.
Well, you can always savestate before a decision and see how what it goes. Then reload the savestate and keep going with another decision.
>In fact, SB2 was my first DBZ game and up to that point I wasn't even that familiar with DBZ, on TV it was still Dragon Ball here (Piccolo saga or so).
Shame that SB2 never was released in my country, at least far as I know. But the Snes was never a thing here, it was just the Megadrive and later the Psx. Nintendo was just about the gameboy, everyone had one.
>>
Does anyone know if among all the bugs this game has, there is any that allows you to fully control Vegeta?
I could swear during one of my playthroughs Vegeta never disobeyed me. The only thing I remember doing different was never using the Vegeta item, but I'm pretty sure this is not the reason, since I can't find any information about it on the internet.
>>
>>3635512
Perharps you were stronger/higher level than him and he obeyed you. You know like in the show, Vegeta had his own objective in mind and was usually stronger than others in his "team", except for when Piccolo arrives there and is stronger for a bit and when Gohan rages. Every time he was stronger, or thought he was, he did his own thing. If he was weaker he would stay behind and obey like a dog.
>>
File: dbzgokuden2.jpg (275KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dbzgokuden2.jpg
275KB, 2048x1536px
>>3635504
>Well, you can always savestate before a decision and see how what it goes. Then reload the savestate and keep going with another decision.

I'm actually playing on the SFC so I can't save state. But I'm taking my sweet time, no rush.

>Shame that SB2 never was released in my country,

I think SB2 was only released in France, other than Japan. I actually got to play it back in the 90s thanks to SNES piracy, in japanese. The Super Butoden games were actually kinda popular in rental places, but they were all bootlegs.
>>
>>3629863
Not really. Unless you want to see the different animations for the "sure kill" moves in lower res and less colors.

DBZ I Densetsu was also harder than the latter games ,because if your card's offence number is lower , you don't get to attack. So if you seriously unlucky you might never get to attack before the enemy kills you.
>>
>>3629863
>SSD is a literal port of the 2 first games with better graphics?

There's no SSD on the famicom? Google it yourself.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Kyōshū!_Saiyan

The famicom games start from the Dragonball plot not DBZ. The DBZ game start from the battle with Goku's Bro in DBZ I, to Flying off to space to chase Veggieta in DBZ II, then finally fighting final form Freeza in DBZ III. The ending in DBZ III was sort of incomplete as stated in >>3613198
>>3613208
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.