[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some fan translated games /vr/ thinks are definitely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: 6757698678079.jpg (177KB, 628x1106px) Image search: [Google]
6757698678079.jpg
177KB, 628x1106px
what are some fan translated games /vr/ thinks are definitely worth playing?

pic related.
>>
Watu gemu is datu
>>
File: 7698608789.png (16KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
7698608789.png
16KB, 256x224px
>>3612908
Torneko no Daibouken - Fushigi no Dungeon.
the first mystery dungeon game based on dragon quest.
>>
*watches thread intently hoping their own fan-translations is mentioned by an anon*
>>
I don't think any fan translation (or other translation for that matter) is worth playing.
>>
>>3612930
Good for you, I'd personally rather play my games without having to learn the art of ching-chong.
>>
>>3612932
Just play American and European games then. You're not actually playing Japanese games if you're playing translations.
>>
>>3612916
go ahead and shill

i seriously don't even mind and anyone who does is a chucklefuck
>>
File: 5383363556_a59bc9b55b.jpg (64KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
5383363556_a59bc9b55b.jpg
64KB, 500x307px
Mizzurna Falls although it looks like someone is translating it.

projectmizzurna.tumblr.com
>>
>>3612938
Wtf even is this post lmao
>>
>>3612960
If the developers had wanted the game to be played in English they'd have written it that way.
People here complain about emulation or remakes but translations are far worse.
>>
File: dual_orb_2_snes.jpg (88KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
dual_orb_2_snes.jpg
88KB, 500x438px
is this one worth playing?
>>
File: .jpg (142KB, 1286x700px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
142KB, 1286x700px
I'd say Live A Live is worth the play through I loved every moment.
>>
File: .png (1MB, 1280x881px) Image search: [Google]
.png
1MB, 1280x881px
Seiken Densetsu 3 is another really good one it is basically secret of mana 2 but better in every way with a lot more depth.
>>
>>3612963
You are dumb as fuck my man there is literally nothing wrong with fan translations. There is a lot of love for the game and the language put into it. A lot of games don't get enough money for a localization.
>>
>>3613034
Finally someone talking some sense into that faggot
>>
>>3613034
Enthusiasm doesn't make up for shit.
>A lot of games don't get enough money for a localization.
When did I say that official translations were any better?
>>
>>3613043
You calling them shit does not make them shit. This is not /v/ go and shit post somewhere else.
>>
>>3613049
They're not the original, that alone already makes them bad.
Then you've got poor translators coupled with little quality control and extra technical limits and the end results are inevitable.
>>
My picks are:
- Live-a-Live
- Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden
- Namco x CAPCOM (the quality is not very good, but it's understandable)

I translated SD Hero Soukessen, but it's a very small game with almost no text. I just translated stage and character names.

>>3612957
Didn't they finish it already? IIRC, it was Gemini from RH.net who did it.
>>
this got done last year
>>
Front Mission if you like FF tactics, but with robots.
>>
>>3613063
You just sound like a faggot right now no more words are needed between us.
>>
>>3612963
Anon is right we mustn't hurt the devs feelings who only didn't have the games translated to the biggest market in the world because of their intentions. They get triggered easily, poor guys.
>>
>>3613063
>They're not the original, that alone already makes them bad
based naturalistic fallacy
>>
File: sakura.jpg (1MB, 2430x3247px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.jpg
1MB, 2430x3247px
Live-A-Live
Fire Emblem 4
Sakura Taisen 1,2,3 (partially translated)
Policenauts
>>
Why are EOPs getting triggered this hard over a simple fact?
>>
File: TreasureOfTheRudrasJapan[1].png (1MB, 912x570px) Image search: [Google]
TreasureOfTheRudrasJapan[1].png
1MB, 912x570px
>>
This board is infested with people who made a poor decision of learning Japanese for games only and now try to justify and rationalize that. Tread carefully.
>>
>>3613129
> Op starts a thread asking for good translated games
>Dude comes in posting about how translations are all bad
>No one asked
>No one cared
>Gets called out for being a shit spewing
faggot.
If you act like a dick you get treated like one simple as that.
>>
>>3612964
this looks really cool
>>
>>3612964
It's pretty mediocre except the graphics, and even then, they're just okay, cool amount of particulars, but the actual art direction and level design is frankly garbage.

The cutscenes are also hella long.
>>
>>3613287
No it's a way to be a snobbish faggot and look down on all the work that goes into them because you learned japanese. Obviously not everyone knows japanese but the people who do that love these games have put in the effort and kindness so everyone can enjoy. You can spit out your shit opinion all you want but be ready to be called out for it.
>>
>>3613287
But that's objectively wrong.
As another anon stated devs couldn't get all games localized because of no budget or the belief that it wouldn't sell well in the West. If someone decided to translate the game 20 years later and people enjoy it there is literally nothing wrong with it.

Not even comparable to retron threads which are wife shit post magnets.

Just stop posting any time.
>>
>>3613294
Everybody can learn Japanese.
Pushing a script through a machine translator and brushing it up so it looks like English is not a kind deed. It's doing everyone who plays it that way a disfavor.
I used to play translations as well but once I learned Japanese I realized how wrong they were and how much they held me back.
>>
>>3613303
Are you actively trying to miss the point? Developers didn't do localization, that was publisher work. Fan translations often have different issues than official localizations but both are bad.
>>
>>3613309
>>3613318

Good for you faggot. Everybody can learn Japanese sure, but not everybody has the time. No working adult class adult with a family is going to be able to designate the time and energy to memorize a new language nor would many of them have the energy versus just playing a translation

>machine translator
This is not always the case. And in the cases where it is who the fuckity fuck cares. It allows the game to be played by other people.

>doing everyone who plays it that way a disfavor.
So playing a game and having fun is objectively worse than not playing a game and not having fun?

Do you even like chunsoft? Have you ever played any of their games? Do you know exactly how many of their games never saw the light of day for reasons outside their control? Do you even know how some publishers lament not being able to bring their game over.

What kind of advanced autism even is this?
"Hey since a translation exists and this game is good you should play it!"
"Hey stop playing this game and go learn Japanese"
The actual fuck?
>>
>>3613309
lol you are a fucking joke my man
>>3613271
Seems to have described you pretty well.
>>
>>3612963
but with this logic, JRPGs would be abominations, seeing as they are based heavily on translated western RPGs like Wizardry and Ultima
>>
>>3613326
You seriously believed learning Japanese is a bad decision?

>>3613328
Japanese released of Wizardry had an option to play it in English. Some versions of Ultima as well.
>>
>>3613325
The timesink in learning Japanese is playing games etc in Japanese so you won't gain much by playing a translation.
You might also question how much time you spend debating on image boards.
>>
>>3613367
>is playing games
I think you meant to say the timesink is still looking up everything you don't understand, learning grammar, using flash cards, and typically studying hours a day for years

>time I spent debating
minutes of a day versus years of hours long sessions

What kind of functioning adult would even compare arguing on an imageboard to learning a different language.
>>
>>3613371
That's all a matter of minutes unless you directly jump into wall of text adventures or novels.
>>
>>3613358
I never said that I study chinese and korean for my work and I want to learn japanese after that. But what you are saying is just stupid.
>>
>>3613414
It's true, check it out yourself if you don't believe it. All Japanese releases of Wizardry 1-5 with the sole exception of the PC-Engine have an English mode.
For 6 it was still in the computer versions.
>>
>>3613419
I mean the part about how all translations are shit. It's just stupid.
>>
>>3613421
Where did I say that?
What makes you think that it's stupid? Do you want to say that the original writers are all terrible while translators are renown poets who only work on translators out of love?
>>
File: Rainbow Silkroad.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow Silkroad.png
3KB, 256x224px
>>3612906
I like the twist on grinding. There's no leveling, you have to earn dosh via trade to buy better gear/hire stronger guards. You encounter mobs on your way back and forth between cities, but instead of XP or gold defeating them gives you license points. Accumulate enough and you can buy licenses to trade in more profitable goods.
>>
>>3613429
Translators do not need to be poets only allow me to understand what is going on in the game and allow me to enjoy it. Stop being ridiculous
>>
>>3613501
Does that stop them from being bad? You often don't need text to understand what's going on or to enjoy a game.
>>
>>3613520
I have no more words for you autist.
>>
>>3612960
some autistic faggot who dedicated his life to shitposting on an image board to brag about having a 5 year old's knowledge of japanese i guess
>>
pic related is apparently based off an anime.
will I be able to enjoy it without having seen it?
>>
Just report him and stop responding. Talk about actual the subject and don't fall for his bait, he does it in every thread talking about translations.
>>
>>3613838
If that's the PC-98 version you can apparently create your own characters and completely ignore the characters from the source for the most part. I don't know much about the other versions of the game though.
>>
>>3613838
Can I change that dude's name? Cause I don't know if I could handle my character being named "Parn"
>>
File: Brigandine Grand Edition.jpg (128KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
Brigandine Grand Edition.jpg
128KB, 800x598px
I heard there is a fan-translation of Brigandine: Grand Edition but i can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>3613910
Same

>>3613849
All those names you see are character names from the anime so I doubt it. Probably have to make a new character.
>>
>>3613910
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1836/

You just wanted someone else to google this for you, didn't you?
>>
oh boy, that fandub...
>>
>>3614036
What fandub?
>>
>>3613019
Should I play Secret of Mana 1 and 2 before I play 3? I really enjoyed Evermore and figured it would be similar.
>>
>>3614265
They're unrelated from each other save for common themes, you can play any of the games and be okay.

I'd say you should still try 2. It's the most similar to Evermore.
>>
>>3612906
Hebereke or Yume Penguin Monogatari are great.
>>
>>3612963
Oh, fuck off. Could you imagine if we were only allowed to play american games because of that!? I can and you don't have to, all you need to know is it sucks ass!
>>
File: ChaosSeedSNES.jpg (25KB, 214x384px) Image search: [Google]
ChaosSeedSNES.jpg
25KB, 214x384px
>>
>>3613838

I've never played the game, but you should watch the anime anyway.
>>
>>3612963
(YOU)
>>
>>3612963
Oh fuck off, you autist.

I can guarantee you're the guy who posts in every thread that has to do with fan translations.
>>
>>3613838
It's not based on the anime. Like the anime it's based on a D&D campaign.
This campaign was originally published as an introduction to D&D and got expanded to novels, its own pen&paper RPG, computer and console games, manga, audio drama and more.
The anime are the only things that saw release outside of Japan.
It might help you understand some things better but there isn't an extreme amount of consistency across the various media.
>>
>>3615510
>>
>>3612916
This
>>3612952
Unless it's a RTS. I don't like those.
>>
Final Fantasy V
Nanashi no Game
Policenauts
MOTHER 3
White Day
Imadoki no Vampire
Ever17
YU-NO
G Senjou no Maou
Echo Night 2
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Marvelous
Metal Max Returns
Seiken Densetsu 3
Lagrange Point
Rudra no Hihou
Fire Emblem 4 & 6
Radia Senki
Wonder Project J / Josetty
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.