[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Of all of the great RPGs available on the SNES... Which is your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1327.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
Of all of the great RPGs available on the SNES...

Which is your favourite, and why? Maybe also share which ones you've actually played.

I think mine is Final Fantasy III (VI).
It's tough to explain why.
I think the overall themes, story, and characters just... hit a sweet spot in me.
The music isn't even that great in my opinion (although it IS great), but the game just really touches me.
>>
>>3612352
Any DQ. Also Earthbound, it's a decent DQ clone
>>
>>3612354
>being able to read moonrunes
Jelly
>>
>>3612352

>Favorite RPG
EarthBound.

I don't care if this game is too "trendy" right now with "hipsters" and "millennials", I still love it just the same as I always have.

>Favorite Action RPG
Brandish 2.

It's a bit like those grid-based dungeon crawlers like Dungeon Master, SMT, Wizardry, etc., but in an overhead view like Zelda.

Only way to play it is through a fan translation though. The first Brandish was really good too, and actually came out over here, but I think the 2nd is a huge improvement in gameplay and story.

Sadly it never got localized, but the fan translation is damn near perfect.
I hope Brandish 3 and 4 get translated some day, I'd love to play them
>>
Soul Blazer is my favorite ARPG. I was engaged from start to finish, unlike the rest of the games in the series.

EarthBound is still my favorite JRPG on the system even though I can see the flaws. The experience just really stayed with me.
>>
>>3612360
Translations bro
>>
File: aYv0qfG.gif (223KB, 468x380px) Image search: [Google]
aYv0qfG.gif
223KB, 468x380px
>>3612360
I played Dragon Quest 5 and 6 on the SFC despite not speaking Japanese. They have fan translations after all

DS versions are also bae

That said my favourite is easily Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>3612352
Best: FFVI, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia
Worst: FFV, A link to the past, Dragon Quest, Earthbound, Smario RPG
>>
File: lol.png (785KB, 780x719px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
785KB, 780x719px
>Illusion of Gaia
>Better than SMRPG, EarthBound, Link to the Past, FFV

are you meming
>>
>>3612437
Tastes differ. Not everyone likes autismo games.
>>
File: illu.jpg (124KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
illu.jpg
124KB, 842x595px
>>3612449
how is illusion of gaia not autistic? the writing and story (the western translation, anyway) reads like bad fanfiction, the characters are bland and uninspired, the experience overall is just very, very bland

I can't help but think you're an edgy contrarian.
>>
Terranigma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer
>>
>>3612352
>favorite
Chrono Trigger.

I mostly like "shallow" or basic RPGs, I don't much care for the 50+ hour behemoth grindfests, Chrono and Pokemon Silver were the first RPGs I ever played so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

Played Earthbound and SMRPG, they're alright but didn't grab me in that "gotta finish it" way. Been putting off FFIV and VI, but I can see myself getting into them.
>>
>>3612459
>I can't help but to not accept that tastes differ.
>>
>>3612352
Honestly i'm undecided between DQ VI and FF II. I like Dragon Quest because it embodies the epic travel and makes exploration fun. You are always eager to reach new settlements and talk to the people there, which is a thing that hardly happens to me with many rpgs.

But, on the other hand, in my opinion, FF II has a great story and characters. I think it handles it the right way, and successors either failed at the plot or made characters not as compelling, they are attractive but too powerful, they feel outside the world somehow.
>>
>>3613297
which one is FFII us? is it ffv or vi?
>>
File: ff2gba-3[1].png (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
ff2gba-3[1].png
12KB, 240x160px
>>3613447
FFV have a great job system, the story and character was 'alright' (and let's not forget its incredible epic-scale world)
>>
i'm gonna shill Lufia 2 because no one will stand up for it
>>
my favorites are Illusions of gaia, erfbond, and FFV
>>
File: 1429728517862.jpg (124KB, 574x850px) Image search: [Google]
1429728517862.jpg
124KB, 574x850px
>>3613447
FF2 US = FF4
FF3 US = FF6
>>
>>3614134
okay because ff2 and ff3 are nes titles
>>
>Calling Final Fantasy 4 "FF2"
Drink bleach. Entire gallons of it.
>>
File: smrpg.png (381KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
smrpg.png
381KB, 620x620px
Call me a pleb if you like, but Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite RPGs of all time.
>>
>>3612352

My fav was FFIV jap version with proper fan translation. I got bored of Chrono Trigger near the end of the game, good game though.
>>
>>3612409

Soul Blazer is my fav aarpg too.
>>
>>3614253
same. it's better than legend of zedla: a meme to the past
>>
>>3612470
Muh nigga
>>
>>3612352
Definitely FFV. Tons of replayability, a good job system where there's no such thing as a bad job, tons of actually fun boss fights that will fucking ruin you if you approach them like an idiot, fun dungeons, and even random encounters aren't always brainless.
>>
>>3614421
most boring snes final fantasy.also the dragons sound like faggots.
>>
>>3614429
I'm pretty sure the most boring SNES FF is the one where difficulty might as well not exist and that's not FFV.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.