[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people fucking retarted Or am I hallucinating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3322.png (440KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3322.png
440KB, 640x1136px
Are people fucking retarted
Or am I hallucinating
>>
i am currently using meme magic to increase the supply of nes classic editions and eventually burst the bubbel of retro game prices wherein you can aquire a fugging used nes classic edition circa january 2017 for 15 buckeroonis so don't worry :D
>>
People is retarded and unironically think that those things are going to "sold out"

We live in the XXI century where people can get all the info they want in seconds, yet they get scammed for 200 with a emulator box with 4 mb of videogames.
>>
File: wat.jpg (112KB, 663x663px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
112KB, 663x663px
>>3612242
> $202.50
> 51 bids
>>
>>3612239
ebin :DDDDD
>>
>>3612191
Only ones buying this are poser snowflakes and hipsters
>>
>>3612242

You'd think they'd have learned with amiibo, but people are apparently desperate as shit for Nintendo collectibles and the holiday factor doesn't help. While I can KINDA see the issue with old games since they are old and out of print, Nintendo will be pumping these shitters out for years.

People who start hoarding these as investments will soon find themselves sitting on troves of what is destined to become Dollar General endcap and toy aisle fillers.
>>
Decent people buy stuff. People who steal aren't true fans.
>>
>>3612191
I know people who do this shit. I once had a cousin who got a NES for free then he turned around and put it on craigslist for $200 bucks. I told him it would never sell but some hipster proved me wrong. People are stupid when it comes to old video games anon otherwise it would still be a cheap hobby.
>>
>>3612368
>$200 for an NES

Is this literal brain damage? Do these people lack internet access?
>>
File: MuhClassic.jpg (140KB, 1214x460px) Image search: [Google]
MuhClassic.jpg
140KB, 1214x460px
>>3612349
Or rich doctor moms for their spoiled kids, but I made $230+ profit after fees and shipping so its good.
>>
File: internet detective.exe.jpg (75KB, 1214x460px) Image search: [Google]
internet detective.exe.jpg
75KB, 1214x460px
>>3612380
>>
The retro fad needs to die.
>>
You know, I have an original classic nintendo still in box, but the box is covered in Rat Shit
Do you think I could pawn it off for one or two thousand?
>>
>>3612456
Yes. Clean it off with isopropyl alcohol or something and nobody will ever know lol
>>
>>3612380
That's retarded. For less than that they could have purchased an AVS and an Everdrive.

Obviously if they knew what either of those things are there wouldn't be a market for this but OH WELL. I guess I can't imagine what it's like to go through life carelessly buying $300 mark-ups without doing a few minutes of research
>>
>>3612443
The retro fad has nothing to do with this. It's just Nintendo fans going crazy over fucking nothing again because they were sold in limited quantities.
>>
>>3612191
People are fucking retarded. Poke your head out of your safe space and see how retarded the world is.

>>3612239
Well now that Kid Kasual is on the job we've got nothing to fear
>>
you have to increase the price to pay shipping and ebay's cut. The seller doesn't get that much.
>>
>>3612456
>You know, I have an original classic nintendo still in box, but the box is covered in Rat Shit
>Do you think I could pawn it off for one or two thousand?

just type in 'sealed nintendo' on ebay, click the 'sold listings' filter and you'll see how much people are willing to pay. I would make it certified mail or something since it would be a high value package

>>3612593
>you have to increase the price to pay shipping and ebay's cut. The seller doesn't get that much.

eh, I think you're mostly wrong. If you sell this thing for 200 shipping included, your fees would amount to ~$34. it's a high fee but these sellers are making good money off this, especially if you were able to get a hold of multiples
>>
File: 1478891619761.jpg (244KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1478891619761.jpg
244KB, 550x550px
>>3612191
>are people fucking retarded
yes we need another world war or something
>people will pay this for an emulator box
>>
>there are people right now who are spending upwards of $300 on a shitty emulator box
>when for less you could buy a second hand refurbished NES and an everdrive
>even though there is going to be a second shipment coming early december which will most likely have more units

You know at first i was angry about this because of scalpers but i realize that the only people at fault here are nintendo and the retards willing to spend ridiculous prices on novelty bullshit. I'm glad they're getting ripped off, at least the money is going to someone smarter than them
>>
>>3612710
>the only people at fault here are nintendo
I'm happy for them. I'd rather they had the money than scalpers and idiots.
>>
this type of retardation only affects nintendo idiots
>>
>>3612797
Yea like you sonyponys won't be drooling over the PS4 Pro.
>>
>>3612797
Memes aside this has actually got me thinking, with the success of the NES classic edition i wonder if sega and Sony will shit out their own mini emulator boxes to cash in on the nostalgia factor

Yes i know atgames has been making genesis after genesis since forever but I'm thinking something of actual decent build quality
>>
>>3612826
Tec Toy in Brazil is doing a new verison of the Mega Drive thats supposed to be functionality identical to the orginals, but with some slight differences in the chips.
>>
>>3612826
Sega has been doing that for years.
>>
>>3612191
For once I'm not even mad at resellers. Anyone who buys these for those prices deserve to lose their money.
>>
>>3612982
>For once
You'll find this happens quite often after you grow up and learn how life works. Good first steps though.
>>
>>3612859
This. But with way poorer quality.
>>
>>3612380
>He blanked out his seller ID but not the transaction ID.

I hope you get a couple of messages from people on vr who hate resellers and want to cause you bother, but ultimately that they leave you alone, because nobody should have to put up with that.
>>
File: raiden.png (52KB, 496x658px) Image search: [Google]
raiden.png
52KB, 496x658px
I hope someday Nintendo sells exact reproductions of the original NES, SNES and N64 consoles, controllers, and all of the games. Even though my collection would lose value I would be more than happy if I could buy all of the games I want brand new.

Is there really not enough of a market for Nintendo to profit off of this? I'm sure the consoles and controllers alone would fly off the shelves, even without any games
>>
>>3613482
As a side note, if they ever do this, I really hope they make exact reproductions and not systems that require you to connect to the internet and download updates
>>
>$200
>expensive
look at star citizen and $10k for a ship
>>
>>3612191
Yes, scalpers are greedy and retarded. That's nothing new. They don't seem to realize that there will be many more shipments of this item in the coming weeks.

>>3612797
True. Only with Nintendo.
>>
>>3612602
So sell a $60 + tax console for $200 shipped, eBay takes $34, shipping is probably around $20, and don't forget PayPal takes a cut as well.
So right there, your $130 profit becomes only like $60.
>>
>>3612191
>"retarted"
Yes. You.
>>
>>3613860
How new are you?
>>
>>3613517
>Yes, scalpers are greedy and retarded. That's nothing new. They don't seem to realize that there will be many more shipments of this item in the coming weeks.

There was literally 10 units for each store. Not everybody has the time to wait 30 minutes in front of a store before it opens. This was all part of the Nintendo advertising scheme. So far there are articles by TIME, Business Insider, and gaming blogs about the frenzy for this system. Nintendo WANTED people to sell it on ebay to add to the hype of it's normal release in the future.

>>3613735
>So sell a $60 + tax console for $200 shipped, eBay takes $34, shipping is probably around $20, and don't forget PayPal takes a cut as well. So right there, your $130 profit becomes only like $60.

I'm an actual ebay seller, and your math is wrong. The ebay and paypal fees combined wouldn't exceed $27. It's a small and light weight item, so shipping costs can vary from $3 to $14, depending on the extra services and shipping speed that you choose. The NES cost is $65 taxes included (for my state).

You can make at least $100 profit if you sell it for $200.
>>
>>3614514
>You can make at least $100 profit if you sell it for $200.
>getting cucked $40 by ebay/paypal/shipping
>this is how retarded resellers are
>>
File: for the ants.jpg (8KB, 200x158px) Image search: [Google]
for the ants.jpg
8KB, 200x158px
I can't wait for SNES classic.
>>
>>3614826
You're getting 12 more of these NES Classic units (1 per company with some being 2 companies in 1 unit due to a lack of games on the system like with HAL & Game Freak, with more then 30 games this time) and 3 GameCube Classics (Indigo=1st party releases, Spice=3rd party releases and Jet Blac=-M (or country's version of it) rated games) before you get a SNES Classic.
>>
>>3613482
While i wish this would happen the fact of the matter i that it isn't economically viable at all

If nintnedo were to do something like this they'd need to produce and ship a full sized console with working compartments and hardware as well as produce full sized working carts and sell them at a price that would most definitely be at a loss

Older games are timeless however people aren't going to pay $120 for another NES and a further $30 for a super mario bros cart for 2-3 hours of gameplay when they can get it on the eshop for $5 or buy a modern game for $60.

The closest we're ever going to get to this is where we're currently at with novelty emulator boxes that have decently made controllers.
>>
>>3614959
>i know nothing about production and cost
Then why say anything about it? A NES game including cart, packaging etc costs a few bucks to produce in quantities of of 1k.

Plenty of people are already paying the numbers you pulled out of your ass for old stuff. I'm sure they'd continue if it were new.

The closest we're going to get is a 100% logic level reproduction. Whether it's made by Nintendo or one of the many others working on one.
>>
File: IMG_1633.png (417KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1633.png
417KB, 640x1136px
>$10,000 for a $60 plug-n-play console

Yeah, ok. Sure.
>>
>>3614514
>>profit
your time must be worthless
>>
>>3613482

They could re-use the same NES mini processor, I think it is powerful enough to run emulators up to the N64 perfectly
>>
File: jazzclub_nice.gif (1MB, 287x206px) Image search: [Google]
jazzclub_nice.gif
1MB, 287x206px
>>3615923
>so says the hot shot lawyer shitposting on a nepalese woodcutting forum dedicated to long obsolete childrens' distractions

How much are we to be charged for your sage contribution?
>>
>>3615932
this buttdevastasted about a critique
>>
>>3614915
what I'm wondering is why did it take so long to release an nes plug n play unit when atari and sega shit was a dime a dozen years ago?
>>
>>3612809
They won't be on eBay for 10x the price.
If all the nintendfags are this crazy over the nes classic, wait for the inevitable switch bullshit.
>>
File: australia nes.jpg (117KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
australia nes.jpg
117KB, 550x397px
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=EBGamesAus

Nintendo NES shortages strike Australia
>>
File: sad family.jpg (89KB, 634x332px) Image search: [Google]
sad family.jpg
89KB, 634x332px
>>3616163

book/EBGamesAus/photos/a.119672524737773.8312.107605795944446/1250633571641657/?type=3
book/EBGamesAus/photos/a.119672524737773.8312.107605795944446/1253580091347005/?type=3

Thanks, Nintendo.
>>
>>3612631
>killing off the ripe consumers of capitalism
>>
>>3615992
Quality issues and VC.

Just be glade that the USB port can take data and theres no piracy protection so that homebrew can fix it.
>>
>>3614514
>This was all part of the Nintendo advertising scheme. So far there are articles by TIME, Business Insider, and gaming blogs about the frenzy for this system. Nintendo WANTED people to sell it on ebay to add to the hype of it's normal release in the future.
That may bee what they think the plan is, but they tried something similar with amiibos and managed to fuck it up.
>Release amiibos in limited quantities
>Stagger releases to keep people buying
>Keep some amiibos scarce
>Collectors whipped into a frenzy
>Scalpers running rampant
At this point they should have been able to turn it around and make a mint, but somebody fucked up
>Flood the market with Animal crossing amiibos (A game very few really wanted amiibos for)
>Absolutely flood them everywhere
>People don't care about them
>Stores can't sell them so they clog up racks to this day
>Games that have more amiibo support never materialize
>Consumer hype dies down
>Nintendo rereleases in-demand smash bros amiibos
>Nobody cares any more

There's no point in building hype up if you can't capitalize on it. Scalpers selling these on ebay doesn't make nintendo a dime. They could still turn this around and actually make this work, but if they handle it anything like amiibos, they won't get them restocked until after Christmas.
>>
>>3613443
What he said. Damn reseller scum. Everdrive mustard rice.
>>
>>3612353
Collectors gonna collect. Why do you care either way?
>>
File: 1447374354157.jpg (235KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1447374354157.jpg
235KB, 960x540px
>>3616780
>MFW I played the waiting game and finally got my Ness amiibo
>>
>>3616780
Australian EBGames says they are getting more in stock in early December.

>>3616163
>>
>>3612191
stupid enough to pay it, not a sympathy was given
>>
I don't understand those retards
whenever a new game comes out they shell out $60 for it instead of pirating

they also pay to go to the theater or buy blurays instead of pirating the movie
>>
>>3615923
>$100/hr is a waste of time!

lol
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.