[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES Game looks clean, doesn't run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161111_153324035.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161111_153324035.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
SNES just loads to a black screen. The board looks clean. No bad caps. Any ideas?
>>
File: IMG_20161111_153337135.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161111_153337135.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>3611751
The other side
>>
>>3611752
>>3611751
1. Clean those fucking pins.
2. the axial capacitors might need replacing (if you are lucky)
3. if you are unlucky, one of the ICs are dead.
>>
>>3611752
Are the pins on the right really rusted or is that just the light reflection?
>>
>>3611752
Are you fucking nuts? Those pins aren't clean one damn bit. They actually look corroded. You might have to bust out razor blade to scrape off the rust.
>>
Just blow on it already
>>
>>3611752
Replace cap, it looks bulgy.
Clean the goddamn contacts, seriously everything east of pin 45 looks like someone spilled urine on it and left it for years. West of 45 doesn't look much better.
If those two don't work. look for a replacement 74 logic chip, since the one on that cart looks iffy(could just be the lighting).
>>
Boil it in water.
>>
>>3611751
>The board looks clean
No it doesn't
>>
>Games that use this PCB type:
•Adventures of Kid Kleets, The
•Aero Fighters
•Aladdin (Disney's)
•Barkley Shut Up and Jam!
•Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage
•Capcom's Soccer Shootout
•Chester Cheetah - Wild Wild Quest
•Home Improvement
•Knights of the Round
•Mega Man Soccer
•Metal Morph
•Nickelodeon Guts
•Ninja Warriors, The
•Pac-Man 2 - The New Adventures
•Pocky & Rocky 2
•Ren & Stimpy Show, The: Time Warp
•Rocko's Modern Life - Spunky's Dangerous Day
•Ultimate Fighter
•WCW Super Brawl Wrestling

I'm guess that's Aladdin since that's the only good game on that list.
>>
>>3612135
Knights of the Round.
>>
>>3611751
Pins on chip side look like crap.
If cleaning it again doesn't fix anything then the only option is to desolder the two chips that contain the actual game off that board and put them onto a game that has the same board and preferably a known working board. Anon>>3612135 was kind enough to provide you with a list.
If after u swap the chips it still doesn't work then you know the chips were fried and that there was nothing else you could do.
If you are trying to save something expensive like knights of the round then it's worth it. Or if the game has a stron sentimental value. Otherwise if someone gave u a copy of home improvement and ur just trying to fix and flip I'd say clean it one more time and sell it as broken.
You can buy a desoldering iron from radio shack for like 15$. And a soldering iron for like 10$ and those are literally the only tools u need. Maybe some desoldering braid too. I've done it to a few games and managed to save some stupidly rare titles that I'm sure would have otherwise been thrown out.
Good luck.
>>
>>3612135
>The Ninja Warriors
>not good
Wew fucking lad
>>
>>3612064
>>3612126
>>3612254
do not listen to these fucking goombas

use 90% or higher isopropyl and clean, test
fails, try eraser on both sides of pins, test
fails, try weiman glasstop polish, DO NOT FUCKING USE BRASSO OR SANDPAPER

test

if it still fails, then you need to start replacing caps and resistors first (easy), then if it fails you got fucked up chips or ROMs son

good luck
>>
File: in to the trash it goes.png (190KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
in to the trash it goes.png
190KB, 300x400px
>>3612337
>do not listen to these fucking goombas
>LISTEN TO ME INSTEAD
>>
>>3612337
>Do not use brasso
>Brasso is literally meant for polishing brass and copper

Yeah brasso is fine. I wouldn't use it all the time, only in extreme cases.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.