[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 41

File: Screenshot 2016-11-11 15.09.18.png (468KB, 632x622px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-11 15.09.18.png
468KB, 632x622px
>
>>
Jesus Christ. I was going to buy one of these as a Christmas gift but it looks like that's not happening.
>>
>>3611709
They're restocking for the holidays (Tweeter nintendo)
>>
>>3611705
I was never gonna buy one in the first place since i already have an NES plus i have already got an emulator.
>>
>falling for nintendo shilling tactics

this is their scheme,
to release this thing in limited quantities initially to generate a mythical buzz about this ultra rare retro hip game machine

>>3611737
it outputs perfectly upscaled native 720p video
your crappy emulators and old 80's bullshit console cant compare

the video on it really is beautiful
>>
File: Capture.jpg (68KB, 759x718px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
68KB, 759x718px
>>3611705
Came here to post this too.
>>
>>3611742
Which one of you did this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-Classic-Edition-Mini-Console-with-30-Games-New-/122222273556?hash=item1c7503e414:g:-kEAAOSwA3dYJgAR
>>
this has peaked my interest in a raspberry pi emulator machine though
>>
>>3611738
>it outputs perfectly upscaled native 720p video
>your crappy emulators and old 80's bullshit console cant compare
You are one normie if you believe a overpriced emulation box is superior to the original hardware even when there is no actual hardware in that thing and you cannot add more games to it even when there are 629 American releases (excluding the Famicom and Europe).

>the video on it really is beautiful
And modding an NES or using a good emulator also can make the console go in 1080p or possibly greater since emulators constantly evolve unlike your fancy box.
>>
Holy shit. I just checked CL and there's some chuckle fucks asking upwards of $550. I can't understand it.
>>
>>3611761
You sure showed him! His other arguments now crumble to the ground and you remain as the superior being.

In reality, if you took two minutes to do any research, emulators make games look great in my experience. Just before posting this I booted up SMBW in ZNES in full screen and it looks sharp as a tack.
>>
>>3611770
If you didn't forsee this thing selling out everywhere, you're stupid. If you didn't forsee this thing being bought just to flip them for profit, you're naive.

There was immense buzz for this thing when it was announced and it sold out on Amazon within minutes.
>>
>>3611736
you don't remember the two years it took before wii systems were readily available at every retailer, huh? scalpers keep scalping til the market is over saturated, so don't expect to get one at retail, in time 'for the holidays'.
>>
>>3611775

That markup is ridiculous and I can't even imagine someone paying it, let alone the audacity of the seller to price it that much. I really couldn't give a shit in the end though because I still have my NES, original games and bought a multicart recently.
>>
>>3611770
>chuckle fucks
no kid, the "chuckle fucks" at the faggots paying that
you wanted to make america great again, now you get a lesson in how capitolism works
>>
>>3611790

Are you a mexican? Because you type like a wet back.
>>
>>3611794
the only thing wet around here is your shirt, you filthy animal
now build my wall, so i can keep perma/v/irgins like you out
>>
>>3611705
Oh, No!
How am i supposed to play emulated NES on my tv? Should i instead have a much more convenient, cheap and complete experience by emulating on a PC, like some sort of plebeian? The horrors!
>>
>>3611814

That's illegal, buddy. I'm calling the Nintendo police right now and giving them your post number.
>>
>>3611817
Good luck, faggot. I'm behind 7 proxies.
>>
>>3611818

They will back trace you and then you'll be in jail getting raped by Tyrone because you didn't want to pay up like everybody else.
>>
File: Good_Luck_I_m_Behind_7_Torrents.jpg (59KB, 455x300px) Image search: [Google]
Good_Luck_I_m_Behind_7_Torrents.jpg
59KB, 455x300px
>>3611817
<
>>
File: am9m67v_460s.jpg (19KB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
am9m67v_460s.jpg
19KB, 460x258px
>>3611828
>getting raped by Tyrone
>>
blargh im so BLANGRY i wnet to walmarts to aquire me a NES CLASSIC EDITION and they didn't have noen the old fatso in the lelectronics deparmont said they sold out in like 5 miuntes! and i was up all last nite eatin pizza and beers to take a HUGE SHIT in the crapper while i played mario's on this thing, when i get drunk tonite imma cal up this SONE OF A TURD and give him a piece of my mind ok :D
>>
>>3611847
now i got to play mario on my gay ass emulator or my gay ass normal nintendo or my gay ass wii or my gay ass retron 1
>>
>>3611738
it outputs perfectly upscaled native 720p video
your crappy emulators and old 80's bullshit console cant compare
You must not be familiar with emulators.
First of all, PC emulators generally have an option for nearest neighbor scaling, assuming it isn't activated by default. In your terms, it's "perfectly upscaled" just as the NES mini is.
Secondly, the NES mini outputs 720p. That isn't ideal on most displays, which are 1080p or 768p. Your TV will do some additional scaling that will affect your "perfect upscaling." On a PC emulator, you can adjust the resolution as you wish, so essentially the only issue you have on a PC emulator is whatever cable you're using to connect your PC to your display.
Thirdly, RGB output through a scaler like the Framemeister can offer image quality almost comparable to emulated options, and in the case of Wii's shitty NES VC, it actually looks way better. It's not quite perfect PC emulator quality, but it's close to it.
Fourthly, some people actually prefer a retro aesthetic rather than a technically superior image. Some people like CRTs, or composite video. That's why PC emulators offer filters to simulate that look.
>>
>>3611774
>ZSNES
Ever tried ZMZ?
>>
Am I the only one who just wants it because it's a cute tiny Nintendo I can stick on a shelf?
>>
>>3611902
then you should grab the NES mini amiibo.
or you could wait a bit until they make a golden version with a little NWC cart sticking out of it
>>
File: Wario does paint.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
Wario does paint.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>3611705
>It already sold out
IT'S THE AMIIBO SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
>>3611912
Meanwhile, Amiibos are finally in plentiful production and I bought the Ness and Gold Mario I've wanted for regular retail.
>>
File: money counting.jpg (16KB, 237x172px) Image search: [Google]
money counting.jpg
16KB, 237x172px
What if they released another game that is exclusie to the NES Classic on another batch of these or a SNES version like this. Something like some kind of 2 player NES or SNES version of Splatoon without online multiplayer or maybe some other game or like a retro style of new Metroid or F-Zero or maybe just a mini-game.

What are some other series they haven't made in a while they could make a NES or SNES version of or make a new game in the series instead of remaking a game in a different style?

They could make a new Metroid game and hope maybe, possibly to get back into the good graces of Western Metroid fans, but that might mess up any future plans they have.
>>
>>3611756
I bought the american and japanese ones just to have some nice looking raspberry pi emulators =)
>>
File: money guy.jpg (69KB, 587x388px) Image search: [Google]
money guy.jpg
69KB, 587x388px
>>3611952
They could also get some independent studio to make a game that seems like it could have come out on a NES or SNES and just have them promise not to release the game to any other platforms for one year or whatever.

They could just market it as a 'bonus game' to give people more incentive to buy it.
>>
>>3611736
They even restock all the "limited edition" things for Christmas.
>>
>>3611756
Now would be a good time for someone to make a pi case that is shaped like the NES, make the lid open where the sd slot is.
>>
File: shit 2.png (37KB, 567x703px) Image search: [Google]
shit 2.png
37KB, 567x703px
>>3611761
>Oh i didn't realize you were poor...sorry man :(
>>
>>3611705
You could be a real NES and a flash cart for that price.
>>
>>3611705
Aside from the Nitnendo branding is there actually anything about this that makes the demand so high compared to other consoles with built in games like those Atari and Sega ones?
>>
>>3611761
>Oh i didn't realize you were poor...sorry man :(
For emulation purposes without any way to adapt or upgrade games yes that shit is expensive since you can do it for free using an emulator on your computer and still have a better selection.

If this little box had a port for NES games or used the original hardware then id least buy a controller for my NES or buy this thing to play my games better then my 30 year old Nintendo.
>>
>>3612069
Each game has 4 save state slots, and there are QR codes in the menu that link you to full PDF scans of each game's manual or guide book if it came with one (I think Final Fantasy has that)

It also has a menu that doesn't look like ass, at least compared to the plug and play Atari 2600 stick I have.
>>
File: nice.jpg (130KB, 1089x1026px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
130KB, 1089x1026px
>>3611705
nice
>>3612069
the emulation is apparently better than the sega ones, otherwise, not really. I have an atgames genesis and the audio is horrendous.
>>
Not only is it 60 bucks but now people are selling it for over 300 bucks on ebay which is even worse considering it is just a fancy emulation box.

And before more shit comes i have 2 NES systems, 2 SNES systems, 2 Playstation 2's, a playstation 1 and a gamecube most of which i bought from a flee market for 2 bucks a system.

Except 1 of the NES, one of the SNES and one of the Playstations.
>>
File: db2917487e[1].jpg (199KB, 836x478px) Image search: [Google]
db2917487e[1].jpg
199KB, 836x478px
>>3612069
Presentation
Presentation
Presentation

see >>3612075

Also a lot of what you mentioned is plagued with emulation problems and glitches as well as problems with sound emulation, and in some cases licensing deals had to be worked out in this to include the games that were included. As you know Nintendo doesn't own Simon Belmont or Megaman (yet) for example.

>>3612081
>I have an atgames genesis and the audio is horrendous.

This is what I'm talking about.

Pic related the sound is attrocious
>>
It's not bad, it's actually pretty good.
>>
File: 1478902402143.png (443KB, 1221x615px) Image search: [Google]
1478902402143.png
443KB, 1221x615px
>Shit's sold out so fast even so-called "game journalists" are anal devastated at Nintendo because they could get one
http://archive.is/PfB3q
I hope to god none of you guys are as salty as this guy
>>
>>3612104
Don't really pay much attention to modern Nitnendo releases anymore but I've heard about them barely stocking their stuff numerous times these last few years. Is it just sheer incompetence or are they intentionally selling in low quantities to make people who don't have it go apeshit causing them to rush out and get it as soon as possible when they rerelease it a few months later?
>>
>>3612104
well, I didn't get one today because the amazon page wouldn't load. I hope i can before mid december
>>
>>3612104
I went to target at 8am and they were long sold out. Now that I think about it, I could get a flash cart for under 50% more cash, but the advantage of playing on a modern display means hdmi modding and/or scaler + rgb mod. I mean, I have an nes, I have a crt with a comb filter, yadda yadda. composite on a flatscreen is a nightmare both visually and in terms of lag.
>>
>>3612104

>All that whining.
>>
>>3612115
I don't know, but this had been the trend ever since the Wii, where for that system's entire first year stores would only restock with maybe 6 units and it would sell out within minutes. I only was able to get mine because I had a friend who worked at wal-mart and he hid a unit in the layaway room for me.
>>
>>3611920
>Mario ammibo and the Zelda family is still plentiful in my area
>Rosalina and Fire Emblem characters are not
Thanks Mario The Plumber and Shiggy
>>
>>3611761
> overpriced =/= expensive
Not hard sandnigger
>>
>>3612210
The NES mini is a nice, cheap way to play a lot of good shit in 720p, I've really been enjoying mine today.
>>
>>3612261
And for the record, I have a flash cart and am an avid Famicom collector, but this thing is really just convenient and beats the shit out of my modded Wii.
>>
>>3611705
meet the guy and mug him for the gaming community.
>>
>>3612263
Considering how man Pokeyman Go players got robbed of their phones this summer, I'm curious to see if this happens too.
>>
so today like 5 of these ads appeared. http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/vgm/5871694631.html

I fucking wish we could tear these resellers balls off.
>>
>>3612263
please yes, and post pictures while you rape them with the nes.
>>
>>3612278
what's worse, scalpers, or the idiots that buy shit from them?

nintendo already did damage control and assured people there will be more batches of shipments before christmas. there isn't a single person on the planet that can't wait that long to play some 30 year old games in one of the most mediocre ways.
>>
File: 1429212527830.gif (2MB, 448x352px) Image search: [Google]
1429212527830.gif
2MB, 448x352px
>>3612278
>picture taken at register

So set up a meet and make it so!
>>
>>3612289
idiots that buy shit from them obviously
luckly they don't know any better so I get to scavenge for the real thing easily
>>
>>3611705
has anyone tried calling the number?
>>
If Nintendo knows that supply won't meet demand, why don't they sell it for a higher price? They could have thrown in more games to justify it.
>>
>>3611756
>peaked

Retard
>>
>>3611817
Say that to my face and not online.
>>
>>3612613
>If Nintendo knows that supply won't meet demand, why don't they sell it for a higher price? They could have thrown in more games to justify it.

This release was just a marketing scheme by Nintendo. They didn't price it higher because they know they can sell more units at $60 in the long run.
>>
>>3612893
They can always lower the price at a later point.
>>
>>3612613
They didn't add more games because they're saving those for NES Mini 2
>>
>>3612115
looks like some kind of wack ass marketing tactic to me they latched onto since wii's success
>>
>>3612898
Would it be based on the toploader?
>>
>>3612903
Sure, why not.
>That would mean new dogbone controllers being produced
Oh my god my throbbing dick!
>>
File: nes.jpg (47KB, 352x377px) Image search: [Google]
nes.jpg
47KB, 352x377px
Ignore the /v/ tag:

Was wondering how much this would go for, since I don't see any on ebay. I don't think I'll actually sell it, but was just kinda curious.
>>
>>3612901
Fucking over actually willing to pay customers like this should be illegal.
>>
>all these people all over the internet who have not read about Nintendo's history and who don't understand how Nintendo do business, swapping information pulled from their ass explaining the shortage.

Jesus fuck, please stop posting.
>>
File: 1473245733560 (1).jpg (19KB, 202x232px) Image search: [Google]
1473245733560 (1).jpg
19KB, 202x232px
>>3611705
SNES CLASSIC EDITION
I can fucking feel it gents!
What shyte games will be on it??
>>
File: 154567678789967867.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
154567678789967867.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>3612081
>$10,000
>>
>>3611709
I remember I had to wait until February to get a Wii.
>>
>>3612882

Yer going to the slammer. Better tell your mum you ain't gonna make it for dinner tonight. I hope it was all worth it to play free Nintendo games.
>>
>>3612089
A portable SEGA Genesis you say..
>>
>>3613506
Final Fantasy 4 again
Square likes to shill that game pretty damn hard considering how many times it's been ported, remastered, and remade. This will be what, the 8th time now it's been re-released?
>>
>>3612223
My Gamestop has nothing but Rosalina and Fire Emblems.
>>
>>3613509
The crazy high prices are false flags to make it seem like the $500 ones are reasonable, it's a common tactic.
>>
So... are people actually buying these at these prices? Because if so, I'm not above hunting them down and scalping the bejeezsus out of them.
>>
>>3613561
Yes, and luckily this makes it easy to sell these things for just $150 or so.
>>
>>3612289
You do realize that the supposed "restock" is going to be purposefully short stocked and thinly distributed to drive hype up right? And that will still leave people at the mercy of scalpers?
>>
>>3612901

https://eaves.ca/2008/12/11/wiinomics-nintendos-scarcity-strategy-keeps-paying-dividends/

Certainly the following paragraphs out of Brandenburger and Nalebuff suggest there is a strong precedent in Nintendo’s actions. My friend Andrew M. has long argued that Nintendo has being artificially creating scarcity, but I’ve also thought it was just that the company hadn’t anticipated its success and so production had lagged demand. Now I’m inclined to think Andrew has been correct. If Brandenburger and Nalebuff are correct, then it looks like scarcity has been a Nintendo strategy for over 30 years. Check out these tidbits:

Even as demand took off, Nintendo remained cautious about flooding the market. It strictly controlled how many copies of games were produced, and pulled its own games off the market as soon as interest declined. Over half of Nintendo’s game library was inactive. Sometimes, severe shortages resulted…

…Somewhat paradoxically, the shortages may have helped create even more consumer demand. There were at least three different effects going on. First, shortages made the game cartridges even more desirable in the eyes of consumers, actually boosting demand. Trendy restaurants play the same game. For example, the long lines outside K-Paul’s in New Orleans made it even more fashionable, further increasing the lines…

…Second, shortages made headlines; filling demand would not have. “Tonight’s top story: Nintendo sold game cartridges to all those who wanted them. Details at Eleven” We don’t think so. The shortages generated tremendous free publicity for Nintendo, a company known to be rather stingy on advertising (spending only 2 percent of sales).
>>
>>3613795

Third, shortages helped retailers move slower-selling Nintendo games, because parents would buy a lower-selling title if the the kid wanted was sold out. Of course, this was only a temporary solution, what we call the “Band-Aid” effect. The substitution might tie the kid over from Christmas to New Year’s, but kids tend to remember these sorts of things. So parents would have to return for the sold out title once fresh supplies come in. Nintendo made two sales instead of one.

(Page 113-114 of the paperback edition)
>>
>>3611709
Did you honestly expect Nintendo to not create an artificial shortage? They've done it with every system since the N64 (well, have tried to. The WiiU was available everywhere because no one wanted it) People keep fucking eating it up though so they have that going for them!
>>
>>3612954

>third party controllers
>worth anything

kys btw
>>
>>3613795
>>3613804
It's fucking obvious to anyone with a half a brain shortages are what keep Nintendo in business.

This doesn't need some deep examination.

They said they sold out of Virtual Boy consoles in the 90s and it was a huge fucking flop. The truth is, they DID sell out, they just sent 2 fucking consoles to each store.
>>
File: sad nes fan.jpg (86KB, 614x414px) Image search: [Google]
sad nes fan.jpg
86KB, 614x414px
>>3613610
They would be quite foolish to purposefully understock by a large margin right before Christmas. I think many 35+ people who rarely/never play games will give up on trying to get it if they can't find it even when it's Christmas season. They would also miss out on many potential Christmas presents to just a variety of people.

Even with the problem of the short controller that might possibly somehow take a while to fix, I think if they greatly understock before Christmas, it will more likely be just because they underestimated the desire for it, couldn't get as many made as they wanted somehow, and/or are low on money to spend for it.

It's possible to some degree I guess though that they might be foolish and still understock while thinking many people will still want it after Christmas.
>>
File: sad nes.jpg (113KB, 610x503px) Image search: [Google]
sad nes.jpg
113KB, 610x503px
>woman likely doesn't get to play NES in remembrance of her dead spouse because of Nintendo's strange business tactics
>>
>>3613885
Stupid bitch should've bought a real NES.
This is basically pissing on her late husbands grave.
>>
File: nes.jpg (233KB, 1113x805px) Image search: [Google]
nes.jpg
233KB, 1113x805px
I can't tell if ebay is full of troll bidding right now or just stupid. Plenty of them in the 200-250 range for buy it now, but people consistently bidding ones up over 300.
>>
>>3613994
remember when the ps3 came out and there were consoles going for like 10k
>>
File: ouya-nesclassic.png (139KB, 1048x1222px) Image search: [Google]
ouya-nesclassic.png
139KB, 1048x1222px
Just a friendly reminder that the OUYA is literally better if you want to play NES Games.
>>
File: 659.gif (973KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
659.gif
973KB, 240x180px
>mfw have my computer hooked up wirelessly through my tv
>can play any console and every NES game including romhacks

who is this thing appealing to exactly, doesn't everyone know about emulators at this point?
>>
File: robertnik.png (289KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
robertnik.png
289KB, 500x382px
Got in line at Game Stop at 8AM, 9th in line, they said they had 17 in stock. We got free apple spice smoothies from the jamba jucie next door. Grabbed a Pit Amiibo while I was there.

They handed us their 1st come 1st served papers and told anyone else who approached the line that it wasn't going to happen, though that wasn't a lot of people.

It was a good morning.
>>
>>3614093
Gamestop's practices with used games is atrocious, but with new product they can be surprisingly based.
>>
>>3614101
they've made it clear that the used game market is how they stay in business
the place is basically a pawn shop chain
>>
>>3614104
Okay, They still don't have to do shit like throw out game cases or games themselves if they don't sell.
>>
>>3614085
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=nes classic

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=nes%20mini

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/753617965409562624
>@kobunheat 200K pageviews on our story - already almost as much as the Zelda announcement post, and it's only been three hours

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/753617284145352704
>LOTS of traffic on the WIRED story.

google.com/trends/explore?q=nes

google.com/trends/explore?q=nes%20mini

google.com/trends/explore?q=nes%20classic
>>
>>3614093
>they said they had 17 in stock

Nintendo is probably counting on these to sell out immediately so they will inevitably be driven up to enormous prices by resellers, thus increasing the perceived value and therefor demand for the product. It's just like what they did with the Amiibos. If they had shipped enough to begin with nobody would have assigned any added value to them and they would be viewed as worthless toys. It was definitely planned to ship far fewer units than could meet demand.
>>
>>3612104
Well it is pretty dumb of Nintendo to advertise something that they can't even get into stores.
>>
>>3612013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dgnD93pwX0

Even better.
>>
>>3613994
>I can't tell if ebay is full of troll bidding right now or just stupid.

Competitive bidding manipulation is a real thing on eBay. Basically you create a phony account and you bid up the item to a ridiculous price to make sure that it doesn't sell. The seller then has to open an unpaid item case, which gives the phony buyer 6 days to pay for the item. This may make the seller hesitant to relist the item since the 'buyer' could pay for the item at any time. Sellers can only cancel so many orders before eBay puts restrictions/penalties on a sellers account.

But it could also be buyers that do not realize there are cheaper listings.
>>
As a flipper and a gamer, my strategy is to flip now and own later when prices stabilize.
>>
>>3614093
>they said they had 17 in stock

I'm shocked they had that many, since Super Walmarts, Targets, and Best Buy stores had half that number.
>>
>>3613553

That's because the japs LOVE FF4.
>>
>>3611742
>can't add more games
pfhfh
>>
File: 1477990446970.jpg (8KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
1477990446970.jpg
8KB, 228x222px
>>3611738
>it outputs perfectly upscaled native 720p video
>your crappy emulators and old 80's bullshit console cant compare
>>
>>3611705
Amazing that there are really retards buying it for those prices. Nintendo already announced that the next batches will arrive soon.
>>
>>3611742
I have a huge urge to just call the nigger to get his address and put my Browning 380 to use and take it from him
>>
Fuck, for $250 I'd rather just get a real NES and a flashcart. If you pay $250 for this classic shit you deserve to get ripped off.
>>
I have a NES that works just fine with plenty of games but I'm still disgusted by this. Fucking reseller subhuman jews ruined the real retro game market with their greedy bullshit the least they could do is let the ONE thing that could easily get people into retro games go unharmed, but no they had to go and jew that up too.
Reseller genocide when?
>>
>>3614683
>NFC tagged carts
Pretty smart. Was trying to figure out a good way about having working carts.

Nintendo should have done that, "amiibo carts sold separately", and it could've worked with existing amiibos figures sitting on top of the console.

Too bad NFC tags are too small to hold a game though.
>>
>>3616485
>Reseller genocide when?

already happened in the 1940s
>>
>>3616605
fucking kek
>>
>>3616605
lol
>>
wtf... they were limited?

well how could that not happen. and just before xmas.
>>
>>3616450
that's why he added >meet me in public place
>>
>>3616605
You cheeky fucker.
>>
>Make December the actual release date for the NES Classic
>Ceate an artificial shortage in mid-November
>Consumers drive up demand on the secondary market
>Gaming journalists fall for Nintendo's bullshit again and report on the phenomena
>Blowout sales now guaranteed for the December release - "Get it before it's gone!"
>Nintendo elites are in some tower right now laughing at all these idiots
>>
File: 20161111_152203.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161111_152203.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
My local best buy had 54 units. I bought 2
>>
I got one at launch for $70, sold it today for $150 still sealed. Went to my local gamestop and bought another one that was sitting on the shelf, then i'm gonna sell that closer to christmas.

People don't even fucking look in small towns, man.
>>
>>3611979
It would be enough just translated the games that already have put in Japanese E-shop never arrived in the West at the time.
>>
>>3617141
>>3611979
They could easily put in earthbound zero or origins whatever they call it now as a flagship title, put in a translated FF2 or FF3 rom to say "try the original version of the games you love!" and other such bullshit like that, make a little JRPG or just general RPG box. Astyanax, rygar, clash at demonhead, dragon warrior, one of the translated fire emblem games would be an OBVIOUS choice, one of the goemon games

I think if this works well rather than seeing more "NES classic" or SNES classic boxes we'll see specialized versions that have a lot of one genre, both systems had a pretty solid variety of almost every genre to pull from that would satisfy demand.
>>
>work at Best Buy
>employee discount lets me get one for $35.
>buy three
>flipped them for $400

Nintendo really does print money.
>>
File: 3939901612_cdc314f724.jpg (134KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
3939901612_cdc314f724.jpg
134KB, 395x500px
>>3617085
>controller extension cable
>Best Buy brand
>>
>>3617206
I doubt Best Buy would let a single employee walk out with 3. If so, that's really shitty customer service.
>>
I hear its just a Linux computer. I wonder what emulator Nintendo put in there. Bet it doesn't have 1/10 of the features of something like RetroArch
>>
So, shitting on the device and scalpers aside, has it been confirmed yet if the controller works on a regular Wii? specifically with Retroarch? It's supposed to be higher quality than the average clones, right?
>>
>>3617220
depends on the management really. Here at Target they are hawks when it comes to stuff like this. No employee is allowed to buy anything new that just hit the shelve for at least 30 mins.
>>
>>3613958
You're being insensitive considering she's probably a regular person and not some \vr\ tard who fetishizes old plastic hardware.
>>
>>3619859
the controller is hard wired to the unit
>>
>>3619897
No it's not.
>>
>>3619906
famicom is but not the nes
>>
>>3617085
>buying a shit third party best buy brand extension cable for $10
>not just using a $1 10ft HDMI cable instead

Why are people so retarded?
>>
Walmart.com had some up for a very brief moment earlier today and I managed to get one. Says it'll be here by Thanksgiving. Think I'm going to wait until after Black Friday to decide what to do with it. Because if people can't find it on Black Friday they'll lose their minds and keep paying idiotic prices; may as well make an easy $150. Otherwise I'll just open it...
>>
File: cringing.gif (591KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cringing.gif
591KB, 480x270px
You guys know this thing doesn't even replicate MMC3 correctly, right..?
>>
>>3620007

Those are controller extension cables you window licker.
>>
>people will be beat up on Black Friday over this piece of shit
>>
>>3612067
No you can't.
>>
>>3620187
A working NES is $90 or so and an Everdrive is $118. Well under $250 for both.
>>
>>3620154

No shit, sherlock. Have fun trying to get off your ass to reset the system or go back to the main menu, you fat fuck. Just buy an HDMI cable long enough to have the the console next to you, you fucking retard.
>>
>>3620236
and that's just if you're looking on Jewbay.
>>
>>3620156
>autistic sperglord calling a reasonable anon virgin because a wife isn't as autistic as he is

I could report this but it's actually kind of funny
>>
rawr it's been 5 days since the MIGHTY NES MINI has been out and i still cant' get my grubby mitts uponst one for less than like a crapload of bux, makes me so BLANGRY that i cant take a shit while i play the NES MINI and luxuriate in my 30 classic nes games while im CRAPPIN :D THIS WILL NOT STAND!!!!
>>
File: 700x.png (507KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
700x.png
507KB, 700x906px
Nobody's mentioned the accompanying Prima guide. I'm curious how good it is. It would be nice to have a new guide for Zelda 1 & 2 which isn't falling apart at the seams.
>>
File: cheers_mate.gif (2MB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
cheers_mate.gif
2MB, 348x323px
>>3620237
People on the Internet are so dumb
End my life
>>
File: Message_1479314758019-1.jpg (504KB, 2704x1849px) Image search: [Google]
Message_1479314758019-1.jpg
504KB, 2704x1849px
Just got mine
>>
>>3620781
Can you plug in other controllers?
I wouldn't really mind them being hardwired if they weren't so tiny.
>>
>>3620794
they are FUCKING tiny
no it doesn't look like it
>>
File: 20161116_105822-1.jpg (937KB, 3526x1418px) Image search: [Google]
20161116_105822-1.jpg
937KB, 3526x1418px
>>3620794
>>
>>3620801
Would they work for toddlers? Might get one for my brother in law's sons.
>>
>>3620805
absolutely
it's really nice....plugged it in and fooled around a little bit
you have to reset to change games but it's instantaneous and it creates a save state; very nice
only problem is that the menus are in japanese
>>
File: IMG_7225.png (135KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7225.png
135KB, 325x500px
>somebody near me selling an boxed RGB moded AV famicom with NES-famicom adapter for 240€
Should I just pull the trigger? Apparently it's cheaper than this piece of shit.
>>
>>3620891
Go for it.
>>
>Resellers ruin the real retro game market
>Now they ruin the fake retro game market
Where does it end?
>>
>>3620905
It's done. Cautiously excited.
>>
>>3620940
You just fell for the meme
>>
>>3620946
What meme? The RGB SCART meme?
>>
>>3620908
i have seen a thread on /g
>>
does anybody want my nintendo points for this famicom mini
I don't collect points
>>
>>3620816
>only problem is that the menus are in japanese
They can't read anyway. I can teach them a bit Japanese when they're older.
>>
>>3621091
I've been fooling around with the system for awhile
it has some cool features; soundtracks are way better
Metroid, for example, is way more bass heavy than I'd ever heard before
and it has an interesting "NES Disk" emulation feature where it reminds you to flip over to Side B on games
I'm glad I bought this =)
>>
>>3620891
>240€
I got my AV famicom for 80$.
Are you paying that much just for the box?
>>
>>3621113
The Famicom versions of Zelda and Metroid were originally FDS games, and the FDS had an extra sound channel allowing for more rad music. The Famicom mini emulates those versions instead of the lousy US versions we got. Metroid also had saves on the FDS instead of a password system, thought it doesn't matter much with the mini consoles since they have save states anyway.
>>
>>3621197
yeah I looked into it a little more; a few other games had better sound as well
there's a bizarre sequel to River City Ransom on here where you foot-race against a bunch of other guys, pick up weapons, and beat each other up in the meanwhile...it's pretty awesome
>>
>>3621150
Using $80 as base, I'm paying for the RGB board ($75), the Famicom-NES converter ($20), the box and the installation of said RGB mod ($75).
Lets face it, it's not a deal. But I doubt I would bother getting NESRGB installed if I bought a stock console by itself. I live in an euro shithole anyway and importing expensive hardware from abroad really affects the end price.
>>
File: MyvC30T.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MyvC30T.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
okay update about the famicom mini (if anyone cares)
just realized that it has famicom disk system versions of a few games, so the sound quality is very good
you'll notice on the home screen some of the box art is square....well those are famicom disk system versions of games, as opposed to cartridge versions (like what the NES has)
>>
>>3621327
Once the price drops on the Fami I'm going to snag one. Even with the tiny controllers.
>>
>>3621332
game list with siq audio is:
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Zelda II
Castlevania
>>
>>3621334
Worth it, FDS audio is excellent. That FM channel makes all the difference.
>>
we got two of these in at work, they sold immediately for $80 each (Canada)

i thought they were cool until i discovered you can't plug NES games into them. It's just an emulator and you're restricted to the 30 games it comes with. yeah, no thanks
>>
>>3621417
You really thought it would be compatible 30 year old carts?
>>
>>3621420
the new Sega is =)
>>
>>3621424
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>3611920
Just in time for the WiiU to die
>>
>>3614069
is the controller good?
>>
>>3621461
As if people buy amiibos for their functionality. Most just want to have fun figures of their favorite characters.
>>
File: 1262921413310.jpg (27KB, 316x236px) Image search: [Google]
1262921413310.jpg
27KB, 316x236px
What if I have an NES and want to buy a Classic?
>>
>>3621519
Depends. How many of the mini's 30 games do you already own?
>>
>>3621467

God no
>>
File: 214.jpg (33KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
33KB, 615x630px
>>3613958
edgy as fuck
>>
>>3621250
>using ebay prices
FTFYK

>>3621327
Not sure if anyone didn't know that but yes, it's good news for anyone buying the turd.

>>3621420
Like every other famiclone being made for 30 years? Not an unreasonable expectation.
>>
>>3621219
It was called Crash n the boys in north america. It owns.
>>
>>3611705
These are like the pleb 50 games in one toys with a bunch of games I already own or played to death. NES classic shouldn't cost more than 29 dollars.
>>
>>3621701
no I'm talking about the other river city ransom game, man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oc2E3r6FnA
>>
File: 1433297503157.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1433297503157.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>3611705
I honestly don't get why the NES classic is worth like $60, it's worth like $30 at max considering how limited it is.

Also, only retards fall to buying from scalpers
>>
>>3613506
Obviously the usual suspects.

>Super Mario World
>Yoshi's Island
>Super Metroid
>Link to the Past
>StarFox
>Kirby Superstar
>Earthbound
>F-Zero
>Donkey Kong Country
>Super Mario Kart
>Super Punch-Out!!

That'd take up like half of it, and they'd be guaranteed.

I'd like to see an official release of StarFox 2, and the Mega Man X games would be nice.
>>
This would be a cool novelty, and I'd have probably bought one if Nintendo didn't do this intentional shortage bullshit again.
I loved my NES, but I'm not about to deal with this shit to emulate the experience.

Hell, I might dust off my Wii and mod that instead. Then I'd even be able to play the games on a CRT and have a larger library.
In fact, I imagine a lot more people will be taking a similar route when they can't get the "real" thing. Nintendo really shot themselves in the foot.

>>3621786
>I honestly don't get why the NES classic is worth like $60
Because it's first party Nintendo. Be glad it's only $60, because they'll never lower the price.
>>
File: 12959235.jpg (50KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
12959235.jpg
50KB, 550x413px
It just doesn't feel the same, the box anyway. What with the dumb french and spanish languages all over it.
>>
>>3621817
That's always been the case for North American releases cuz of the Spanish speakers in Mexico and the French speakers in Canada
>>
File: marioreallife.jpg (31KB, 540x424px) Image search: [Google]
marioreallife.jpg
31KB, 540x424px
>>3612104
Damn right I'm salty. Do I need this piece of shit? No. I don't need Amiibos, I don't need this little NES that plays games I already own, and I don't need the switch when it comes out. I don't need them because Nintendo clearly doesn't need loyal customers to buy their shit. And then they wonder why nobody bought a WiiU.
>>
Goddamn, I had no idea Nintendrones were as bad as Apple fans.
>>
>>3621887
Imagine Apple released a DTV Apple ][.
>>
>>3621696
It's not a NOAC, it's an emulator box, why would Nintendo want to put out a garbage Famiclone? It is a completely unreasonable expectation, like utterly unreasonable.
>>
>>3620237
power-cord is just as short.
>>
>>3622269
Isn't it just micro usb?
>>
>>3622479
Yeah it is, and the one in the box is about double the length of the controller cord.
>>
>>3614683
the mini controller is stupid, otherwise cool thing
>>
>>3622575
Apparently it feels similar in size to a GBA SP's D-Pad and buttons, which I'd be OK with. I really like my NES CE, so I'm going to wait for the price to level out and grab a Famicom too, since I've always prefered the Fami anyway.
>>
>>3622628
famicom controller is tiny but the buttons are regular size
only thing that feels sticky are the diagonal controls
but the only game you really need it is Yie Ar Kung-Fu
>>
>>3622631
From the pictures it looks like the A/B buttons are not concave, is that true? (it sounds like you've used/own one), because all 5 of my Famicoms have concave A/B buttons.
>>
>>3622091
>why would a company follow a wildly successful model?
Did your mom drop you on your head?
>>
File: (600KB, 1000x906px) Image search: [Google]
600KB, 1000x906px
>>3615070
this t b h
>>
>>3622689
Are you retarded? Why the fuck would Nintendo release a 3rd world quality Famiclone to a market that would not want that garbage? Normalfags don't have NES carts floating around, and why the hell do you want to play a bad clone via composite on an HDTV, because that's what you'e arguing for.
>>
>>3622645
yeah they're not concave
>>
>>3622758
Weird, I wonder what the reasoning behind that was. I thought all Famicoms, save for the original 'Square Button' models had concave buttons, though I could be mistaken.
>>
>http://www.i4u.com/2016/11/117589/walmart-nes-classic-5pm-sale-under-tai-ding-scalper-bot-attack
They're using fucking scalper bots...
>>
>>3621805
But anon, SNES yoshi's Island cant be there because of...........huuh..........reasons.

Enjoy your lukewarm GBA port!
>>
>>3622734
How new are you? Are you completly unaware that countless fools buy clone consoles so they can use original carts? Are unaware of famicom HDMI mods? HDMI clones?
>>
>>3623467
I've been here a long time; and I've been collecting Famicom stuff since 2005. I'm very aware of clone consoles. I have owned several, and I'm very aware that they fucking suck. HDMI clones are niche and expensive; the NES CE is for normalfags and nostalgiafags to play on their HDTVs. You're argument is literally retarded. Also modding a Famicom for HDMI is fucking stupid, if you're emulating the PPU, you might as well actually emulate. None of those options are appealing to your average consumer; and the average consumer doesn't have a stack of NES games floating around.
>>
>>3623835
The wife and I have a yuge stack of NES games floating around.
>>
i'm gonna go ahead and say that there's no such thing as 'scalpers' in this scenario. they literally released ~8 units per store. even if everyone kept their units, the demand would still be there. when you see prices going for $250 online, it's because consumers are bidding the prices up to those levels. it's already confirmed that nintendo will be releasing more units in december, but consumers still bid the prices up. I dont' see how resellers are at fault. not everybody has the time to wait 30 minutes in line on a workday for this crap. you people should be fingering nintendo, not the little guy.
>>
>>3621786
Ever heard of brands? You know, like Coca Cola. It's piss in a can that rots your teeth and people (usually fat) say tastes great. Nintendo is sort of like Coca Cola - a well known brand that many hold fanatical loyalty too. That means they can take a Raspberry Pi, put it in a injection molded case shaped like a NES and sell it for $60+ and people will buy it because it's Nintendo.
>>
>>3611705

Got the controller today, but Wal-mert wouldn't let me ship to store. So I'll just call them and claim the item was damaged in shipping.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (201KB, 1062x587px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
201KB, 1062x587px
posted in a thread last week that best buy backordered my nes until december
well they moved it up to tomorrow =)
>>
>>3624457
>That means they can take a Raspberry Pi, put it in a injection molded case shaped like a NES and sell it for $60+ and people will buy it because it's Nintendo.

yeah that's a false equivalency. these titles on the NES classic upscale to HD. And the gameplay will always be more accurate.
>>
>>3624508
But that's exactly what it is. It's an ARM SoC running a software emulator in a plastic box. It's no different than the emulators you can download for you smartphone, just customized for this device. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo also used third party code for the emulation software.
>>
>>3624508

I'm pretty sure on a RPi you could upscale the games to full 1080p, which would be even better. The NES classic isn't fully accurate itself either... Somebody posted a clip on Twitter about how the sound is off in mega man 2.
>>
>>3624456
yeah ok, "little guy"
>>
>>3624489
update after trying both
the controller is a billion times better on the nes than the famicom, but the box art is shit and the game selection isn't as good
>>
File: Genwunners.png (685KB, 844x550px) Image search: [Google]
Genwunners.png
685KB, 844x550px
>You will never have all the Generation 1 consoles.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.jpg (269KB, 1456x744px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.jpg
269KB, 1456x744px
>>3626371
>g-gen 1
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>3626385
I'm more upset by the implication that the Xboxhueg and the N64 are from the same console generation.
>>
>>3612089
I almost picked up that portable Genesis, then I realized that I have a hacked PSP with a Genesis emulator among other things.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.