[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.png (2MB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.png
2MB, 1280x480px
Which is better?
>>
>>3610993
Hyperstone Heist, it has more enemies, better controls, and cooler music.
>>
>>3610993
SNES
>>
>>3610993
>Better sound quality
HH
>Better stages
TiT
>Better bosses
TiT
>Better visuals/animation
HH

TiT has better design but HH better presentation.
>>
I've played both several times as a child and adult, and had both systems.

Snes version was better. Color, music, control was better.

Sega version did have that bald guy from the first movie as a boss though, that was cool
>>
File: April compare.png (305KB, 3200x896px) Image search: [Google]
April compare.png
305KB, 3200x896px
>>
File: compared.png (381KB, 3200x896px) Image search: [Google]
compared.png
381KB, 3200x896px
>>
File: Big Apple and the Sewers.png (383KB, 3200x896px) Image search: [Google]
Big Apple and the Sewers.png
383KB, 3200x896px
>>
File: Arcade vs Super vs Genesis.png (340KB, 3200x896px) Image search: [Google]
Arcade vs Super vs Genesis.png
340KB, 3200x896px
>>
Screenshot or music comparisons are nice and all, but the SNES version has the tighest gameplay, much tighter than the arcade version even.

HH is still worth playing though.
>>
You really can't compare HH and TiT because they're both top tier.
>>
>>3611056
This.

They're both great.
>>
I prefered the SNES game myself. Better level designs, better bosses.
>>
>>3610993
HH is a downgraded version that lacked a lot of features (1 vs 1 mode, enemy throwing, a lot of scenery elements etc.) and resorted to rehashed backgrounds and bosses to compensate for the lack of content. Also I can't stand the meme that HH had more enemies types. Sure it introduced newer palette swaps of other enemies but it lacked some that were in TiT like the ball thrower or all the bosses that simply do not exist in HH.
>>
>>3611056
>>3611153
you can compare anything and anything
>>
File: adkaklf.jpg (43KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
adkaklf.jpg
43KB, 500x371px
>>3612232
>>
>>3614113
>downgraded
It's has superior graphics to the SNES game. It also is more difficult, has longer stages and has better backgrounds. The controls are also superior and the game runs faster/more fluid.
>>
>>3614183
>It's has superior graphics to the SNES game

Wat?
>>
Turtles in Times' colours are more vibrant and colourful, Hyperstone Heist is too dark. TiTties also has more content and throwing
>>
>>3615834
Higher resolution
More sprites on screen
More detailed and revised backgrounds
>>3611042
>>3611043
>>3611045
>>3611046
>>
>>3615884
There's a patch that dices HH palette to be closer to the snes, no joke, try it.
>>
>>3616042
Link?
>>
>>3615897
>higher resolution
false
>more sprites on screen
false
>more detailed and revised background
false, they are similar but with less colors on the MD
>>
>>3616054
>fact
The Genesis has a higher resolution than the SNES.
>fact
The Genesis can handle more sprites on the screen and the enhancements to HH reflect that.
>fact
HH added many new background layers and enhanced sprite details which can be plainly seen on the screenshots presented in this thread. If there are missing colors somewhere, you are more than welcome to prove it.

You are done.
>>
snesfags on suicide watch
>>
>>3616071
>The Genesis has a higher resolution than the SNES.
Yes but it doesn't apply to all games dumbass, HH uses low res mode (256x224), on top of that it has an ugly black hud on the top of the screen not present on TiT, so lower in-game resolution.

>The Genesis can handle more sprites on the screen
Again it's potentially better for that, but HH is a shitty rushed game that doesn't use the potential of the console and only has 4 foot soldier on screen, just like the SNES game.

>HH added many new background layers and enhanced sprite detail
This is just blatantly wrong and not even worth replying,

>If there are missing colors somewhere, you are more than welcome to prove it.
Use any program to count amount of colors on screen and compare them, the SNES game has like 2x the color count at east.
>>
>>3616098
>it has a black bar where the HUD is
>so therefore the resolution is lower
HOLY SHIT you are retarded
>it only has 4 enemies on the screen at a time so it doesn't have more sprites at once
Again, you show just how painfully fucking stupid you are. Protip: additional background layers = sprites

>This is just blatantly wrong
The SNES fanboy denial you are frothing with is phenomenal given that images already posted ITT plainly prove you wrong
>>3611042
>>3611043
>>3611045
>>3611046

>Use any program to count amount of colors on screen and compare them, the SNES game has like 2x the color count at east.
I'm just laughing at this point, to be honest. You're not taking this very gracefully.

Conclusion: Not only am I completely right, but you're frothing mad about it. Good night, sweet prince.
>>
>>3616126
Nigga I will not even reply all that retarded shit, i will just say if you want to defend the Genesis' prowess use actual impressive games like SoR2 or SoR3 and not the rushed trash that is Hyperstone Heist you retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>3616126
I'll just say the console wars ended long ago.
Just let it go.
>>
>>3610995

>Hyperstone Heist has better controls

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Segatards are delusional.
>>
>>3616209
get out ctr
>>
>>3616216

Aw, are you butthurt? Sorry you had to grow up with a shitty Genesis.
>>
>>3616126
>>3616209
>>3616216
>>3616218
Console war fanboys 20-30 years after the fact are so depressing.
>>
>>3610993
>filtering one image in a comparison pic
Gee. I wonder which one anon prefers! I fucking. Wonder.
>>
>>3616414
Yeah, Nintendo autists are pretty sad.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.