[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best version of FFVI is...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

File: FF6RLP197.png (20KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
FF6RLP197.png
20KB, 256x224px
The best version of FFVI is...
>>
Is that the sky render/Rigoberto version? I like that vwf.
>>
>>3610236
That was supposed to be rpg one
>>
>>3610236
https://sites.google.com/site/ff6relocalized/
>>
>>3610225
>The best version of FFVI is...
The Super Famicom version.
>>
The best version is <your least favorite version>
>>
>>3610274
preposterous

anyway if it weren't for the sound, GBA. i just love the pocket theater aspect of it.
>>
The one that says FF3 on it
For snez
>>
Original translation is near-perfect, just get the "Woolsey Uncensored Edition" patch to avert Nintendo's stupid localization rules. >>3610243 is pretty good too if you just can't enjoy the original. Don't play the GBA one, it's robotic trash.
>>
>>3610225
Which ever one is more accessible to you. It really doesn't matter. I like FFVI but I haven't played both versions enough times and so close together to be able to tell the difference between the GBA and SNES scripts outside of the very obvious places. Honestly, unless they're some gigantic autist the average player would be the same. I'll never understand why people put effort into retranslating games five and six times when that effort could be put towards a game that really needs that treatment.

If you want to play the GBA version for the added content and just make sure to get the colour and sound patch. Just avoid the PSX version because load times. The FMVs in the PSX vesion are all over the internet if you need to see them.
>>
>>3610225
A bugfixed version of whatever translation appeals to you.

There. That was easy.
>>
>>3610225
While SNES fags will try their hardest to convince you otherwise, the GBA version is superior. Anyone being objective and honest will agree.
>>
>>3610653
I am being objective and honest when I say you are wrong.
>>
>>3610658
Sure you are, anon. Sure you are.
>>
>>3610260
The only correct answer.
>>
>>3610225
From what I seen people say the best is GBA emulated version with a patch that includes the music from Snes.

The worst thing about the Snes version is having to constantly put on those running shoes for your characters.
>>
>>3610225
FF VI is a great game regardless of version. That said, I tend to prefer more difficult versions than easier ones.
>>
>>3610653
>>3610783
what makes patched GBA superior?
>>
I'm pretty confused about the differences between all the versions. If I wanted the hardest version with the best sound and most content, what's the go-to? I've played the GBA version until World of Ruin. I found the whole thing to be really easy and that was irritating.
>>
>>3610824
It has me fisting your mom in the ass.
>>
>>3610838
Great fucking patch.
>>
>>3610225
BNW.
>>
>>3610225
Tom Slattery script with FF6 would be my idea of the perfect version... I would make it, too, but I'm terribad at hex editing and such.
>>
>>3610225
PSX version because CD quality sound and cutscenes.
>>
>>3611531
nigga the cutscenes are ass
>>
>>3611531
>CD quality sound

No. It's just the SNES audio samples being played in the PSX sound engine, and it often sounds inaccurate due to the reverb being different and certain effects being missing or totally different. For example, the Floating Continent theme sounds completely wrong. At least FFVI PSX audio managed to sound decent unlike FFV's PSX audio...

>cutscenes

Only FMV cutscenes added are an intro, an ending, and a "trailer". They're all just 3D renderings of various events that occurred in the game, they add nothing to the plot.
>>
>>3610225
Either SNES or GBA with hacks.

ios/steam version too, but only if you can stomach the terrible sprites.
>>
>>3610225
http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/66-final-fantasy-vi-brave-new-world/
>>
>>3610504
>Don't play the GBA one
Correction: emulate it with the translation, decensor, color-correction, and music fix patches.
>>
>>3614694

Does the decensor patch add back in the scene where Celes is beaten up by guards? If not, GBA version is for cucks and fags
>>
>>3610225
Brave New World
>>
>>3614710
There's a patch for that.
>>
>>3610504
100% agree. I really prefer Woolsey Uncensored over any other version of the game. The original fan translation is terrible. The Relocalization Project has a poor font choice IMO. The GBA's screen size difference takes too much away even with all the patches for the SNES color pallette, sound, and uncensoring. Plus the extra's aren't that worth it. The graphics on the mobile/PC port is just garbage.
>>
>>3614985
How many fucking patches do I need to hunt down and apply to experience the proper game? Jesus christ
>>
>>3616438
Just one:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386/
>>
All these years I thought I was missing something or only playing censored versions of the game. I finally looked into it and it's literally one punch. Why is this called a TORTURE SCENE again?
>>
>>3614537
What makes iOS good? You admitted that it's graphically horrible, so in what other ways is it better than either the SNES or the GBA version?
>>
>>3610225
Sticking to the original: SNES version with Ted Woolsey Uncensored patch including bugfixes and Tom Slattery Opera (both included with the Ted Woolsey Uncensored patch pack).

Most definitive version: Europe GBA version with bugfixes, color correction and uncensored graphics.
Music patch optional in case you may like the GBA version remixes but more people love the SNES soundtrack instead of the GBA.
>>
>>3616830
The Steam/iOS/Android versions are identical to the GBA version translation-wise but also censorship-wise, unfortunately. Since it's based on the GBA version you get all the extras. The music does not take a hit in quality. IIRC all of the bugs are finally gone.

For completely brand new stuff, you can move diagonally, the equipment system has been streamlined (equip everything from one menu: relics and weapons. Don't know why they didn't do this for the GBA version), all things considered, the new portrait art is gorgeous. Unfortunately, you have to put up with the ugly 3D on the map, the ugly sprites, shit filtering and mobile-centric interface even on the Steam version.
>>
>>3616848
Yeah, but the music is compressed in Vorbis format.

The SNES version has uncompressed music because it's the source of it all.

This may not noticeable for most people but /mu/fags and audiophiles may notice this.
>>
>>3616412
The font change was necessary to fit more text on screen.

It's just FFVII's menu font anyway so it still fits.
>>
>>3610225
that one
>>
>>3610832

You'd need a heavily modded version, at any rate. Nearly all JRPGs are enormously easy, except when modded.
>>
>>3614710
>beaten up

It was reipu.
>>
>>3616830
Cyan is actually good in the ios version.
>>
SNES version, with Ted Woolsey Uncensored With Bugfixes patched onto it
>>
>>3610225
the romhack Brave New World
>>
>>3610260
This.
>>
>>3610225
The one that you took a screenshot of
>>
>>3613413

FF anthology is also regularly found for under $20 instead of $100 plus just for FFVI on the SNES.
>>
>>3617790
This

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

just please don't play the GBA version. even with patches, it's smaller screen size and still inferior music, come on now.
>>
>>3610225
I regret playing the RPGONE version. Probably SNES patched with the GBA script is best. It's called the relocalization project
>>
>>3616438
You're better off not playing VI ever with that whiny bitch attitude.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.