[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we end with overpriced retro games, /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 608.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
How do we end with overpriced retro games, /vr/?
>>
with overpriced flash cart
>>
wait for bubble to burst
>>
>>3610018
First you make like Pepe, then we tell you. Promise.
>>
>>3610018
You said it, "retro" games
Now old videogames are considered retro and geeky, i don't think it can be reverserd, prices only will get higher and higher, I remember thrift stores selling NES games boxed and all for 1$ each, and I'm talking about Castlevania, Metroid etc
>>
stop buying them.
Buy ps3 or 360 games right now. They are dirt cheap.
>>
>>3610018
We join the dark side and emulate them.
>>
>>3610029
It's not a bubble. Demand is ever increasing, while supply is finite. It's just an endless incline.
>>
>>3610180
lol

Everyone who wants the games already has them it's why little samsons and earthbounds are everywhere. There is a point where most collectors will not cross and that's around modern retail prices for everything but super rare games.

No one is buying contra for 100$
>>
>>3610223
Not yet, anyway
>>
>>3610223
>No one is buying contra for 100$

K.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contra-CIB-Complete-in-VERY-GOOD-COND-for-NES-Nintendo-/131983757131?hash=item1ebad84f4b:g:UMkAAOSwB09YESEd

Which one were you talking about again? Yeah, it's CIB and sort-of cherrypicked, but you weren't exactly clear.

> samsons and earthbounds are everywhere
...Online, sure. In the wild? Fucking where? I've found 3 n64s, 2 gamecubes, 2 nes and zero (0) super nintendo in the past 3 months. SNES, and their games, are RARE.
>>
>>3610018
Simple: flood it with replicas which are (nearly) indistinguishable from originals for most people. Oversupply will lower the prices, the piracy will drive away collectors, and the bubble will burst.
>>
>>3610025
how do we end overtarded collectors OP?
>>
>>3610018
Simple: high demand, limited suply.
>>
>>3610018
If every frogfag followed through on your pic related demand and the number of babies overpaying on ebay would plummet. Prices would follow. Do it faggot.
>>
>>3610573
>supply*
Sorry.
>>
>>3610506

That would just raise the price on authentic copies.
>>
>>3610579
How would anyone discern what's authentic? Imagine a quality replica of SNES cartridge—perfect sticker, metal screws, everything perfectly lined up. Most people won't look at the board or test it with some tools.
>>
>>3610139
yeah but those games are shit
>>
File: 1476084683938.jpg (2MB, 2621x3313px) Image search: [Google]
1476084683938.jpg
2MB, 2621x3313px
Bite the bullet on flashcarts and wait it out as long as it takes.
>>
Tbh i think i have all the games i could ever want already
If i had all the shit I have now when i was 12 or so i would nut
Now im like whatever about it
>>
>>3610018
>NES games
>vinyls
>comic books
>vintage guitars
>synths
>old cars
>old computers
>"It's all just a bubble guise, just wait."
>>
>>3610147
This
>>
>>3610018
I'm older than most of /vr/, and was one of those people who never sold anything and kept it all, from NES up through PS3. I can't feel your pain, because most of the truly expensive games out there I've had since I was a kid or teenager, and the ones I don't have I just emulate.

I do feel bad for those of you who want to play on original hardware but can't because of price.
>>
>>3610613
$25 for SMB2?

What the fuck, I bought that for $10 as late as 2013
>>
>>3610018
Convince retarded collectors not to pay ridiculous prices for overpriced shit.
>>
with Piracy
>>
>>3610928
The question is, when does it become "overpriced"? $5 per cart? Does it vary from game to game?
>>
>>3610018
>overpriced

Aside from the rare exception like Panzer Dragoon Saga retro games are no where near being overpriced despite rising up over the years. Go look at a hobby like toy collecting if you really wanna see some bullshit.
>>
>>3610937
t. reseller scum

In all honesty though, the toy collecting market is retarded. At least video games you can play and have fun with for a while. There's only so much fun you can have with old action figures, especially as an adult. Unless you're CWC.
>>
>>3610947
>t. reseller scum

Man I'm just giving you my perspective since I'm into both. I like to buy toys based on mecha anime designs I think are cool and there are some that are just fucking insane in terms of price.
>>
>>3610590
>Most people
True. "Most people" would be in China and India and never see it because they bought a local bootleg. Anyone here who wouldn't is a fool.
>>
>>3610018
Buy more western retro games. Nobody pays top dollar for that shit.
>>
>>3610787
We'll people here are 8 years old and it's just 5 samefagging so yeah you're a little bit older most of /vr/. Combined
>>
>>3610018
>frogposter
>not being able to write functional sentences in english
>complaining about prices of retrogames when he could emulate most of them for free
>being so salty that he couldn't buy MUH PHYSICAL GAYMEZ when they weren't popular yet

Is this a troll trying out several forms of bait at the same time or a sad individual who's got to be upset by something trivial?
>>
Wait for every 25-30 year old to get over their nostalgia phase so resellers can't make bank on novelty seeking retards
>>
Every faget and they brother collect.
>>
File: EmpireStrikesBack-Luke.jpg (144KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
EmpireStrikesBack-Luke.jpg
144KB, 575x323px
>>3610147
NO, THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.