[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which /VR/ fighting game has the most natural and human-like AI?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: orchid.jpg (66KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
orchid.jpg
66KB, 480x600px
>>
From what I've heard, Virtua Fighter 3 arcade on hardest difficulty.
>>
>>3609254
tiem2fap
>>
>>3609254

definitely mortal kombat II.
>>
>>3609291

>input reads
>human-like
>>
>>3609254
The only fighting anyone here has done is fighting to keep their head out of a swirlie. And they all lost.
>>
>>3609302
input reading AI is the plague that's fucking up AI in fighting games. The second best thing is AI that fights with human patterns (Virtua Fighter), or AI that adapts to your patterns (DoA)
>>
>Combo breakers require commands with frame precision
>KI AI casually breaks your combos even at low levels
>High level AI will break your combos before the second hit connect
This game was infuriating, being punished for landing a hit must be the most retarded mechanism in any fighting game ever.
>>
Find a game that button mashes. That would be a human. Virtua Fighter AI is probably the most adaptable I've seen. The most inconsistent for me would be Street Fighter. Some of the games I beat easily, others I have to give up.
>>
>>3609310
>or AI that adapts to your patterns (DoA)
Did this start with the first game or DoA 2?
>>
File: orochinagi-2.gif (78KB, 210x160px) Image search: [Google]
orochinagi-2.gif
78KB, 210x160px
>>3609254
None of them even come close. Modern fighters still suck at it even.
>>
>>3609784
Cool story: Just recently I decided to play through KoF'98 single mode (single vs). So, I got to fighting Clark, and it got annoying really fast. I wondered, what was his tactic?

And then I realized… Every time I pressed A, he jumped in. No exceptions. So I just stood a good distance from him and DP'ed him every time. Got a few flawless matches easily.

Fuck input reading and dumb AI.
>>
>>3609681
I'm pretty sure it was DoA2
>>
>>3610517
Way back when there was some really strong arguments going down on the mugen forum. Can't remember his name but the fucker who's KoF characters had random numbers after them released Geese and wanted people to judge the AI.

Long story short it input read and people were saying that input reading AI is inherently shit because it does shit that that humans can't react to at speeds and with precision that is inherently unfair.

Before PotS changed the AI of his Akuma it was probably the most human like you could get out of a fighting game. Since his Akuma was the only thing with AI that good and the revision, not so much, i'm inclined to believe it was a fluke.
>>
>>3610543
If I could do it I'd try to make AI on my own… First off, increase minimum reaction time to around 15 frames. Second, make AI fall for mixup, but with smaller probability as difficulty rises. Also, try to emulate noob tactics for low difficulties—i.e. predictable wakeup DP, run-up DP and so on. I think these changes would fix the most glaring holes in fighters.
>>
>>3609254
probably doa 2

definitely not 2d fighting games, especially the western-developed ones like mortal kombat and eternal champions
>>
>>3609254
shaq fu
>>
File: MOTM.jpg (51KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
MOTM.jpg
51KB, 420x420px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.