[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a game you played in your childhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 14

File: n1bObVQ.png (579KB, 506x528px) Image search: [Google]
n1bObVQ.png
579KB, 506x528px
and cant think of the name? Ask us for help finding it here

I use to play this game when I was little around 1998 or so which had a duck character and you had to save this singer who got frozen, it was a point and click with story and you could play instruments and it would have the keys similar to guitar hero

you could travel back in time and to other countries to find instruments, it was on the computer as well

idk what the heck it was called. if any of you guys know what I might be talking about that would be super appreciated ;_;
>>
>>3608371
this maybe?
>>
Looking for the title of a PC game from about 1996-1998.

It was a quiz show kinda like Jeopardy that took place in a sci-fi universe (space)

You had different rounds and were trying to take down some evil genius in a bald man that appeared it FMVs

I rmemeber one of the playable characters was a green brain alien with tentacle feet.
>>
Arcade.
A fighting game, probably, but you can shoot. Plays sort of weird in an endless 3D arena you can sort of move in any direction, graphics are sprites though. Amazing background/stage floor graphics.
There are several different characters, one flying about with a jetpack, a robot, and another with a huge robotic arm if I remember correctly.
>>
File: darkedge.png (37KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
darkedge.png
37KB, 320x224px
>>3611123
Dark Edge, from Sega.
>>
>>3611130
That was it, thanks!
The stage with the water really looks fantastic.
>>
Looking for a game called jetpack man or jetpacj or something like that i used to play on my imac

It doesn't help that searching "jetpack mangame" brings up a thousand results for jetpack joyride or the 1993 dos game
>>
Vertical scrolling shoot 'em up, Late 80s/early 90s. Player craft was silver? Ground was green but sometime like blue Lego.
>>
>>3608371
I can't see the thing in the picture as anything but a butt. What is it?
>>
>>3613149
bald man (probably father) kissing the baby as seen from top of head. the butt is an ear.
>>
>>3611181
Lunar Jetman 2003
>>
I am looking for a game for 5 fuckin' years and can't find it and I hope you guys can help me. It's definitely pre 2002, it's a 3D action sort of RPG and you're playing with this dude that's walking through rooms in castles (every room is a different level) and you're fighting off carnivorous plants by putting salt on them or planting it on the road and lure them into it to destroy them or finding the gun and the silver bullets to kill a werewolf and other stuff like that. As you progress in the game the rooms are dark and you only have a circle of light around you so you can't really see how big the room is or if anything is coming for you. The game has (I think) 5 different castles divided by difficulty ofc, 6 if you count the tutorial.
>>
>>3613197
Punctuation
>>
File: 1476783784480.gif (1024KB, 287x268px) Image search: [Google]
1476783784480.gif
1024KB, 287x268px
A NES game where you bounce off people with a stretcher from a burning building. I can't seem to recall the name.
>>
>>3613197
Paragraphrs or no read you piece of shit
>>
>>3613257
Stop browsing on your phone. All of that information is related and makes perfect sense to be in one paragraph.
>>
>>3613172
Nah that wasn't it. It was sorta like a maze game where you entered the stage, had to get to the exit while avoiding traps and obstacles, sometimes collecting a key.
>>
File: cccp-russian-propaganda-poster.jpg (56KB, 366x488px) Image search: [Google]
cccp-russian-propaganda-poster.jpg
56KB, 366x488px
Okay,I'll try to explain what I'm searching for...

It was a 2.5d FPS,but heavily stylized,like the artistic direction was from some Russian Propagandist like pic related. Very minimal visuals,but compelling. The protagonist was a hairy bearded mad monk who wanted to start the revolution by personally blasting the evil regime with his own odd brand of magic. I know I am not hallucinating because I had a promotional set of stickers to it and one graced a notebook of mine.
>>
>>3613162

Fuck, I would've never realized that without somebody telling me and I stared at it for a good few minutes.
>>
think it was for sega.

upwards flying shooter, starts with a sad song playing shooting on a desert lever
>>
>>3613253
Flying Hero?
>>
>>3613253
Sounds like a shitty DOS game called Bouncing Babies. Don't know if that was ever ported...
>>
>>3613253
That was a bootleg anon, go buy a couple plug n plays, odds are one will have it.
>>
File: imsc6201.jpg (111KB, 640x510px) Image search: [Google]
imsc6201.jpg
111KB, 640x510px
It is an ARCADE racing game, it was about indy cars, but it wasn't realistic, you could press an action button that will give you TURBO and you could see how the wheels of the cars spitted a line of fire.

I can also rememember you could unlock 3 "special" type of indy-cars to race, one of them looked like pic related
>>
File: ???.png (15KB, 809x499px) Image search: [Google]
???.png
15KB, 809x499px
It's an old PC platformer where you navigate a green blob-like creature around sci-fi themed hazards, such as flamethrowers and electric arcs.
The character itself had googly eyes and a hi-pitched voice I believe.
Also to progress, I think you had to navigate to certain spots like switches to activate doors or disable hazards.

I found it on a CD collection back then and cannot find it since.
>>
>>3614301
>>3614380
>>3614471
Oh shit, It's flying hero. Thanks guys.
>>
>>3614579
HOLY SHIT I fucking found it after so long, it was CART Fury, apparently it's a PS2 game but it has it's arcade versions
>>
>>3614703
You've been looking for that for fucking years mate.
"Super bubble blob" is my best guess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKpOZmVs4jw
>>
>>3616580
>>3614703
Looking some more, I actually think it might be fury of the furries on amiga/dos that you're remembering wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vD80v5PZ-A

OR, alternatively, it could be dr goo 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdhINQRN9sI which seems to hit every single thing you said in your post, but it's such a fucking obscure game.
>>
File: YES.png (2KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
YES.png
2KB, 300x300px
>>3616584
Oh shit you've found it!
It was Dr. Goo for sure.

Thanks mate.
>>
>>3616972
no problem. There's 3 titles in the series so if it's not 2, it's 1 or 3, they all play the exact same. They were basically demo disc filler.
>>
Two games I can't figure out.
One was a Super Nintendo game that played similar to contra. Two players could play at the same time and while running and gunning through the levels I remember being able to get in yellow forklift mech suits in one or two levels. Pretty sure one level had a waterfall.

Other game I think was for jaguar. I remember playing it at a kiosk in the wiz back in the day. It was a racing game where you could shoot at the other cars and when you hit them or possibly blew them up the driver of the other car would appear in a window on the screen yelling at you.
>>
>>3617017
Couple games for the SNES one. Could be

GunForce, japan exclusive SNES port of the arcade game of the same name. Not so sure on the "forklift suit' (eh?) bit but it does have 2 player co-op and it's not unlike contra. It has similar gun control to metal warriors. Has a waterfall in the second stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnnxg2mMpQ4

Jurassic park pt 2, could be played 2 player, was a sidescroller and and a jungle theme so i'm sure there's a waterfall somewhere in there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBFYWfjz04

Could also be contra 3.

Small chance it might be ghoul patrol? The sequel to ZAMN, not a typical run n gun sidescroller though.

The jaguar game is pretty tough. There weren't many racing games on the jaguar. I can sort of think of a few, namely aircars and battlesphere (both the only games with networking functionality on the jaguar that weren't totally fucked. Like the doom port was. battlesphere online was actually my first online gaming experience, and it was magical.

Could be battlemorph or cybermorph, they have a face that pops up at certain times in the game (made infamous by the AVGN skit, i'm sure), but they're not really racing games, more first person vehicle shooters, and neither has cars.

Do you remember anything about the jaguar game? Are you SURE it was cars you hit and the faces popped up? It's entirely possible you were playing a demo cart shipped out to tons of stores, and one of the games was simply the one you played that never got released.
>>
>>3613396
jetpack dos
>>
10$ bounty !!

Top down, gird like levels kinda like in bomber-man without boxes
Goal of levels was to clear it of monster and its spawns
Each spawn spawned one monster at time (except for gremlin spawn that spawned 2), and it was invulnerable with monster out, so you needed to kill monster first and then quickly spawn before it spawned new monster and was invulnerable again
weapons randomly appeared on ground.
you could only carry one at time
only one type of weapon could kill each type of monster, others did nothing, debuffed it, buffed it, but not killed.
Monster i remember - triffid, gremlin, werewolf, vampire, witch, ghost
weapons - salt, flashlight (killed gremlins), gun (werewolves), stake (vampire), magic book (witch), holly water
I remember it being divided to just 3 or 4 castles (more like towers)

>>3613197
he is most seemingly talking about same game I look for it many fucking years too.
i offer 10$ bounty to anyone who leads me to it (paypal, you will need to write email here after i confirm answer).
>>
>>3617463
Not interested in any bounty, I just want to know if you happen to know what platform it was on? that narrows it down a shit ton. I'm gonna guess PC, but a confirmation would be nice.
>>
dunno which system it was for dreamcast or ps2 but it was a weird 3d battling rpg with sentient tanks. you could give upgrades to with things like angel wing or devil wings and super powers
>>
File: seamonster.jpg (16KB, 308x350px) Image search: [Google]
seamonster.jpg
16KB, 308x350px
>>3617463
>>3613197
>>3617474
Nevermind. But i'm making this clear right now. Don't offer bounties, and please don't give any out. I don't want people to start holding back info they have on this shit, i've seen it happen elsewhere when I participate in this kind of stuff.

Now then, hopefully... The game you two played is called "Monster Hunter". Not THAT monster hunter, this monster hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ELGk3z5Hzs

Published by monkey byte, you won't find much besides the PS2 game unless you add "monkey byte". It was released in 2000.
>>
Pretty sure it was a PS1 game that I rented. You raced like... toy cars? Dunno if they were legit toy cars like hot wheels or micro machines or the like, or r/c cars. The stages were zany and awesome as you basically raced through regular rooms and dodged toys and such. It was really fun.
>>
>>3617494
seek and destroy on PS2, i'm pretty sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA7ceMEiNBU

>>3617526
micro machines v3 on PS1 seems like a pretty likely candidate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMzUJxJGEo
>>
>>3617526
>>3617541
Unless there's an option to change the camera mode, that's not it. This had the camera pretty closely following the car, similar to like Gran Turismo.
>>
>>3617548
alright, might be re-volt which was on PS1 and PC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8Y7nP--tE

Could also be RC revenge which was on PS1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8Y7nP--tE

Tyco RC assault with a battery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLBS-KFAaP0

Anything else you can remember would help too. Stuff like did it have items or not is a good one.
>>
>>3617559
Ya linked re-volt twice. Wasn't that, tho that looks hella fun. Most of what I remember was just the the track layouts were insane and offered a ton of challenge and replayability, and they just got zanier as you progressed. I don't think there were items, at least not in the form of weapons like WipeOut or anything.
>>
>>3617567
durr, my mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFabaCnHjg is rc revenge. I was looking at the gold video then meant to link the original.

The thing you said about changing camera made me think of circuit breakers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbOBWp0i8uo

you can also get planes and boats in that game, and it has powerups for stuff like growing in size or oil slicks. Don't know if it had any tracks that were rooms, but it has some pretty silly stuff.

One of the only other ones I can think of is "Team losi RC racer" which was a pretty rare game, basically a paid ad for team losi rc cars back in the day, not very zany or wild though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neHGwf2q3x4
>>
>>3617586
I take that "last one" thing back. I can't believe I forgot about it, but could it have been twisted metal or one of it's sequels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr7KeT7egH4
>>
>>3617595
fucks sake, meant to link small brawl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQjNcI6F0wg

that's what I get for being up at 3 AM I guess.
>>
>>3617586
..it very well mighta been rc revenge. the layout and graphical style looks spot-on. i don't recall the becoming a boat on water bits tho, but it was ages ago now and i only had it for like a week. thanks for the help tho, now i have something to keep an eye out for!
>>
>>3617602
ne, i was big into twisted metal and vigilante 8 :p
>>
>>3617617
No problem then, i'd highly recommend checking out re-volt if you just wanted a fun little silly racer. it's on gog if you want the pc version, or y'know, just emulate it or whatever. It was on everything from dreamcast to n64 to ps1.

also rc revenge has a ps2 port called rc revenge pro with some upgraded graphics and a new level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCH2yOUQmo
>>
>>3613692
Was it for PC, PS1, N64 or DC?
>>
PC (dos?) side-scroller, you're a dude with a sword walking through a graveyard. The entire game looks like a silhouette; black foreground on a colored background.

It came on a demo disc with Lemmings and shareware Doom.
>>
Well, I have a few:

>First one, for the PS1
I can say it's very similar to Twisted Metal, but instead of real cars it's RC cars.

>Second one, played it in a SNES cartridge
I can't seem to remember much of it, it was a racing game that had Formula1-esque vehicles and the track had these red/white lines on the sides, there was green grass and the background was a lilac purple color.
I don't recall this exactly, but it used the SuperFX chip.
>It's not Stunt Race FX

>Last one, possibly old as bricks.
All I recall from this game is that there was this Death-Star-like enemy that literally screams and kills you.
Then it says something, but back then I couldn't make up what he was saying... Was something like "Where I Live" or something like that.
>>
>>3618373
Blade warrior
>>
>>3618414
the last game sounds like sinistar. The snes game could be pretty much ANY f1 game, they all have grass and red/white caution lines. no other f1 game was on the SNES, you might be thinking of f1 world championship edition, it looks pretty great, or top gear 3000 which used the dsp-4 and had a few 3d objects.

as for the first one, see >>3617602 might be twisted metal small brawl, or re-volt, or rc revenge.
>>
>>3618464
woops, meant to say no other f1 game was on the FX chip. There's like a dozen or more f1 games on SNES.

f1 circus and f1 roc/2 are probably good places to look if it's not f1 world championship edition.
>>
>>3618464
Oh, thanks for the info.
First one seems to be Twisted Metal: Small Brawl.
The second one... Well, my memory is incredibly rusty on that one, wish I still had the cart lying around somewhere, but my uncle's friend borrowed it quite a long time ago and never turned it back.
Top Gear 3000 seems to be the one that's the closest to what I can barely remember.
And the third one is indeed Sinistar. I remember playing it in a compilation of Atari games for the SNES: Atari Arcade's Greatest Hits, I think it's called.

Thank you very much.
>>
>>3618494
If top gear 3000 seems close but not quite there, it's possible it's f-zero, and you're mistaking the F in the title for the FX chip label on those applicable games? They play really really similarly, so, yeah.
>>
>>3617420
No that isn't it either which is the annoying part because those are the only two games that shoe up, joyride or jetpack for dos

Another thing was that where were fireballs and the background was pitch black and the walls were nothing but thin lines that were coloured.

The only thing i can think of was that it was some early 2000s download internet game or some shitty freeware game in which case chances are I'll never find it
>>
>>3618769
How about you look through this list http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/gameplay-feature-jetpack ?
>>
>>3617520
Holy shit it is it! Literally been looking for it for a years. I even had feeling its name was monster hunter, but whenever I Googled only the other showed up.

I take it as you don't want the bounty, but if you do offer is still up. I promise I won't do that again.
>>
>>3618926
Nah, I don't want it, don't want anyone else to have it either. That sort of stuff happens all the time, and when people start offering bounties, it makes other people hesitant to offer up help, since they think they can get paid for it, and it just makes the whole thing awkward.

I mean, I get it, you want to reward people, but I just like helping people, and don't want people to start treating this like it's a business, I just want everyone to remember those old games and have some fun if they can find them.
>>
Mid 90s Windows game where you have a pool of monsters with slightly different genetic traits (wings, number of legs, ets) and you have to breed them to make a 'goal' monster. There was some scoring system measured in hearts. I have been looking for a decade.
>>
>>3619870
Holy fuck, found it. Called 'mixed genetics'.
>>
Not expecting much, but I played this game in my music class during kindergarden on pc. It takes place in a castle and you collect keys and open new doors which require you to take part in musical mini games to move on. It had some character that would pop in and out here and there and fuck shit up that you'd have to fix (like putting notes in the right order and such)
>>
>>3619923
Should have specified. I was in kindergarden in 97-98 so it was no earlier than that.
>>
>>3611181
Not imac... but maybe a port or something..? Anyways does it look like this? This is Solar Jetman on the NES.
>>
Looking for a NES game.

sidescroller where you play as a knight with a sword.

the only level i remember is in a forest setting, with a pretty limited color palet. (im guessing it was the first level, i was really young at the time)

The knight you play as has a rusty brown armor.

at some point in this level i belive it started to rain.
and i do belive that there was somekind of boss who was also a knight at the end of the level.

i know that its vague, but this is serisouly all i remember.
>>
>>3619927
I don't recall rain, but I think you refer to Wizards and Warriors on the NES.
>>
>>3619936
that could be it.

i got all my NES games from my older brother, and i do remember him giving me Iron sword W&W2. (maybe he was a fan of the series)

The colors in your picture looks like the ones i remember.

The only thing is that i cant really remember the game im thinking of, as being a platformer.
Sure you could jump over enemies, but that was basicly it.

Im not able to check it out at the moment, but is there a knight as a boss at the end of that level?

Also: i belive the game i´m thinking of had way worse graphics.
>>
>>3619939
Hm... give me a sec. I think I know what it is. (Sword Master). Trying to find a screenshot
>>
File: swordmaster.gif (25KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
swordmaster.gif
25KB, 300x262px
>>3619939
>>3619947
Here we go
>>
File: knightfight.png (2MB, 1129x793px) Image search: [Google]
knightfight.png
2MB, 1129x793px
>>3619939
Oh and no, the first level in W&W does not end with a Knight fight. Swordmaster does have a fight like that though.
>>
>>3619949
HOLY FUCK! thats it!!!!

thanks anon!
>>
>>3619951
Of course, anon-kun. Always glad to help.
>>
>>3619925
Sounds a bit like treasure mountain? Not sure about musical minigames since I haven't played it in a similar 20+ year period.
>>
>>3613692
ZPC
>>
>>3618784
No success sady

Perhaps this great game sill forever fall to the depths of obscurity never to be recovered which kinda sucks but I'll live
>>
>>3619926
no sadly not, there were no details in the background for this game, only floors and walls that were thin lines and enemies and obstacles. My memory might be fuzzy but i remember a green tank like thing as well that would scroll across the walls and floors if that helps

The dude was also blue if that helps

Honestly it seems so obscure I'd be lucky if i ever found it.
>>
looking for a game that came out in the very early days of Windows 95 gaming. All I remember is that it was a fighting game with very cartoony graphics and characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 256x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 256x308px
>>3620428
Nvm I found it
>>
>>3620423
>>3620419
The only other bit of information i know is that it was a g3 imac. I'd totally be surprised if anyone found this game but I'd be eternally greatful
>>
I played a spider game as a kid so late 90's and it was around the time in my life of ps1 sega saturn and sega megadrive

You had to be the spider and stay alive like escaping the kitchen was one level.

Might have been a 'chipped' game but ligit non the less

Any ideas folks?
>>
I ask this in every thread of this kind and have yet to receive any answer.

A PlayStation game. The year is either 1998 or 1997. RTS-like gameplay. Tiny units in big scale world contrast like Toy Story. One of the levels was inside a circular enclosure of plaza stores. Pixelated trees, might have been destructable. The units were red and green. I remember seeing them as dots for some reason. That's all I can really remember honestly.
>>
>>3613253
https://youtu.be/Vqw-cP51MSQ?t=11m11s
>>
>>3608371
Looking for a ps1 game.

Ninja stealth game with working grappling hook. Could hook onto walls and roofs and fly there.

Openish levels and guards with lanterns. Thats about all i remember
>>
>>3620532
Spider: The Video Game on PS1 perhaps

>>3620747
Sounds like Tenchu
>>
>>3617526
Might be Re-volt
>>
>>3620782
I thought it might be Tenchu. Thanks
>>
>>3620376
Sadly no.
>>
>>3611181
>>3618769
>>3620419
>>3620423
>>3620497

Is it this one?
http://macintoshgarden.org/games/jetpack

https://youtu.be/rGb-evUQT7k
>>
It's an NES adventure (?) game where you're a detective trying to solve a mystery. If you failed (at least in an early portion of the game), your guy would get strapped to a log at a saw mill.
>>
>>3620865
Deja Vu comes to mind but I don't remember a saw mill
>>
>>3620880
Nah, that isn't it. Thanks though.
>>
>>3620865
Nightshade?
>>
>>3621072
Yeah, I think that's it. Thanks a lot!
>>
>>3620536
Team Buddies
>>
>>3620856
holy shit you actually found it the absolute madman!!!!

Thank you anon i could hug_ you right now
>>
>>3608371
hahahahahaha my god. i have not laughed at a picture this hard in years.
>>
>>3621784
wow holy shit i didn't even know it was made in 1992. I guess since it was installed on our G3 mac i assumed it must have been made later...
>>
>>3620856
sorry to be a faggot but would you happen to know how to extract the files for this game? I try using stuffit expander for windows but the syntax for the files is unknown and i'm not sure what some files are. There's the obvious ones like the .txt files but I can't find a way to extract the files properly.

also what are some good macinstosh emulators?
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.