[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man X4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: mega-man-x4-usa.jpg (155KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
mega-man-x4-usa.jpg
155KB, 600x587px
Just beat this for the first time, it was a lot easier than X or X2, but it was still fun getting to play as Zero. Maybe I'll try his games next on gba...
>>
I spent so many hours playing this game when I should've been doing homework instead.
>>
Great graphical improvement, memorable sountrack and voice acting and that cheesy anime cutscenes... Best.MegamanX.Game.Ever.
>>
>>3607128
You should honestly try X5 if you like 4. It's still pretty good. I actually think X6 is great too, but it is a definite jump in difficulty, though it sounds like that isn't an issue for you, so you may like it too.
>>
>>3607128
This thread inspired me to watch me some longplays of the subject. I played X1–3 and liked them. But X4 looks just tedious and repetitive. Great visuals and style, but doesn't look interesting at all.
>>
>>3607601
Games are better when you play them yourself, desu...
>>
>>3607601
What do you have to lose in not trying it out? Megaman games are 2-3 hours, and you've played a lot in them.
>>
>>3608308
Why play mediocre games, which also require a lot of reading and pointless investment into heroes? I'd rather watch a good anime or beat MM7–9 which I haven't yet done. I haven't even beat X2 yet.

> Megaman games are 2-3 hours
Yeah right, if you know them throughout—sure. I expect at least 5 hours spent on this game if it's piss easy (which is not likely). But it just looks too tedious.

Heck, I just watched X5, nd it looks far better.
>>
>>3607128
X4 is the only Mega Man game I've beaten a boss in. I'm too lame to even beat the whole game, Sigma is hard.
>>
>>3608643
If you still want to beat a MMX game, go with 1. It's good and not too hard
>>
>>3608581
you you possibly have the worst taste in megaman games I've ever seen
>>
>>3608664
I've heard good things about X4 but it looks like they abandoned nearly all platforming, which was actually good.

Speaking of X series, I played X1, beat it dozens of times because it was really where they went al out. X3 I also like, it's less inspired but still good (despite playing Zero is pointless). X2… It just didn't stick with me. Don't know why.

I also really like MM & Forte. It's hard, but fuck, it's probably the best MM there has been. Collectathon elements are fitting, the shop is alright too. Just an amazingly well-made game.

Compared to them, X4 looks like a straight line. I've seen little to no wall climbing. The cancerous bike parts are back. The story is Sonic Adventure 2 tier. The graphics and sound are good though.
>>
>>3608581
>I'd rather watch a good anime
On second thought, stick to your anime.
>>
>>3608752
I am so hurt by this post on an anime board
>>
Zero's attack-dash-attack is so broken
>>
File: X4Sigma.jpg (477KB, 1575x1360px) Image search: [Google]
X4Sigma.jpg
477KB, 1575x1360px
>X1: Original body build by Dr. Cain
>X2: Body rebuilt by Serges
>x3: Body rebuilt by Dr Doppler
>X4:?????
>X5: Body rebuilt By Doctor Wily somehow
>X6: Body rebuilt (poorly) by Gate
Who rebuilt Sigma in X4?
>>
>>3610958
His dog
>>
This was the first real megaman game i played before finally playing megaman 7 and 8.
>>
I fucking love X6
>>
>>3607128
>X4
Massively overrated and massively mediocre.
>>
>>3610958
Isn't Sigma seen chatting with the Colonel at the start of the game? Maybe they worked out a deal together or something?
>>
>>3613248
>massively mediocre.
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>3607128

Playstation Megaman X games were a mistake. X4-X6 were the worst games in the franchise.
>>
File: wornout.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
wornout.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>3617543
>implying X7 and X8 were better
Oh anon... that's just too much..
>>
>>3617550

X8 is marginally better than all 3 of the PS1 titles (Gimmicky stages ruin it).
X7 is the worst X game hands down.
>>
>>3607128
The gba games were tight af, just be prepared for a massive spike in difficulty if you're a completionist.
>>
Elder God Tier:
Megaman X4

High Tier:
Megaman X

Mid Tier:
Megaman X2
Megaman X5
Megaman X3

Low Tier:
Megaman X6
Megaman X8

Trash Tier:
Megaman X7
>>
File: M.jpg (178KB, 528x553px) Image search: [Google]
M.jpg
178KB, 528x553px
Does anyone know what character is this? Is this some kind of modern version of Megaman?
>>
>>3620020
Not sure if serious, but that's X wearing IronMan themed armor.
>>
>>3620091
I'm serious, I was really trying to figure out what was in that picture. Thanks.
>>
File: 1443149277667s.jpg (3KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1443149277667s.jpg
3KB, 111x125px
>>3620020
This is really autistic of me... but it really bothers me that the helmet here is designed after classic Mega Man... yet the life bar is based on that of the X series...
>>
>>3617550
Sony was a mistake.

FTFY
>>
File: bender louder.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
bender louder.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>3618119
>Elder God Tier
>Megaman X4
>>
>>3607128
I went through all the X games recently and X4 was by far my favorite. It was simple like the SNES ones, but with everything upgraded!
Then X5 and X6 pissed me off because of all the bullshit they added. X5 is easily the worst.

The GBA games are excellent but make sure you have a powerful controller. I will forever regret beating all 4 of them (on the harder difficulties too) on an emulator for PSP, and realizing too late that my square and x buttons had ended up awfully loose. This shit requires you to dash, jump, and charge two weapons, all at the same time, so you're basically holding down 4 buttons with all your might pretty much all the time.
How people were expected to play this on a GBA is beyond me.
>>
File: 1465935128041.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465935128041.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>3620117
Posts like these are why I come to 4chan. Never change, and I don't mean it ironically.
>>
>>3620505
>X4
>It was simple like the SNES ones, but with everything upgraded!

X4 has garbage tier controls next to the snes games. Level design is a bad joke too; especially for Stingray stage. Bosses battles are mostly hide and wait nonsense, they tried to turn them all into Sting Chameleon crap. Pixel art are is a disgusting mix of hand draw and CG turned to jpg.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.