[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else use a stick for more than arcade games? I use it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

File: PC220167[1].jpg (298KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
PC220167[1].jpg
298KB, 720x540px
Anyone else use a stick for more than arcade games? I use it for pretty much anything that doesn't require an analog stick. Playing something like Mega Man on stick feels so good.

Have a PS360+ so it works with all my consoles, but I haven't gotten around to buying all the cables and whatnot.
>>
Hell, yeah!

Though to be honest I haven't done it in a while because I've been playing games which require analog controls. Last games I played with it were Ys I & II Eternal Complete and Jackal.

One of mine is having pcb troubles, and I need to make the time to swap it out. Probably for a PS2 one since I have adapters for everything else.
>>
>>3606507
I recently played through Oath and Origins again with a stick and it felt pretty great. There's just such a precise and tactile feel to sticks that normal controllers are lacking.
>>
>>3606492
I don't use one but I like to say that I do in shmup threads so everyone will call me an idiot and I can blow up at them and then tell them it was all a test for how 4chan users will deal with difficult emotions.

Spoiler alert
YOU ALL FAIL!!!
>>
>>3606492
yeah ive used it to play megaman 9
pretty good. i could see it being nice for Y's 1 and 2 but i'd need a controller for the others
>>
>>3607537
I memba that.
>>
>>3607559
It was one of the most fun shmup threads we've ever had.
>>
File: unnamed_grande.png (75KB, 599x269px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed_grande.png
75KB, 599x269px
>>3606492
I run a website dedicated just for that purpose actually. beat super meat boy on my old X-Arcade Tank stick and managed to configure a nice button setup for Doom. since I used to play Sega Genesis on a stick, most games felt really natural when I emulated the ones I didn't get to play back in the days but then again most of those games would fit perfectly in their own cabinet.

let me know what you think of my website.
http://arcadesigma.weebly.com
>>
>>3606492
Not exactly /vr/, but playing through Shadow Hearts on my multistick right now.

Anyway, how's the PS360+, OP? Do you have to solder a RJ-45 passthrough to the board like with the MC Cthulhu?
>>
>>3607868
My plan was to just connect an rj45 cable from the PCB's port to a passthrough that I'd mount on the front of the stick. Although im pretty bad when it comes to these things, I don't think it should take any soldering to do. Feel free to correct me though
>>
>>3606492
I do. Not all the time but frequently. It just makes any game easier to control. inb4 some poorfag bitches they never touched a quality stick with short throw.
>>
what do you guys think about the hayabusa parts? thinking of swapping out my kuro buttons and sanwa for these after trying them at a locals last week.

pros
>super sensitive that just placing your finger on them registers the press
>stick has less travel time

cons
>you don't feel the spring on the buttons so they feel flat
>stick has no resistance either

input delay being a huge concern for me, this is what I have been looking for all my life.
>>
>>3608873
The buttons are serviceable. They work, but I'd use sanwa over them anyways. Don't like that flat feel all that much.

The hayabusa stick though I hate with a passion. There's nothing about it that doesn't feel off to me.
>>
File: HotStickingTonight.jpg (116KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
HotStickingTonight.jpg
116KB, 960x540px
>>3608873
I think the Hayabusa buttons are easily the best Eastern-style buttons on the market today. That said, the two main features you should look for in stick components are comfort and ease-of-use. If you think the Hayabusa components are more comfortable and will help you pull off what you want easier, go for it. If not, stick with what works. Also, keep in mind that the buttons are very difficult to come by--I think Hori is restricting supply to force people to buy their new HRAPs--and unless you can find someone locally who swapped them out for Sanwa on their new HRAP, they only show up once in a blue moon on Arcade Shock. Another option is to try one of the Sanwa Cherry MX drop-in mods from Paradise Arcade Shop if you want quicker activation and/or a clicky feel.

Personally, I think the Hayabusa stick is fantastic. For an even shorter throw you can easily put in an oversized actuator, or alternatively LS-56 levers if you don't mind a little work. And if the stick feels too loose you could always put in a heavier spring--either 1.5 lb or 2 would probably work. The sticks aren't too hard to get, but they are about 50% pricier than their competitors.
>>
>switched PC motherboard
>PS3 stick doesn't work with SCP anymore
>haven't used stick in months
>>
I bought a $100 fightstick and I use it for nothing but Neo Turf Masters
>>
>>3609670
>PS3 stick still plugged into old motherboard.
>>
>>3609670
buy a Qanba Drone stick. they're pretty nice and have X-Input API support.
>>
>>3609591
>what a fool will plaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>3609508
>>3609591
ended up buying a HRAP4 off a guy. said it has PC support but only for directinput. what does that mean?
>>
>>3611731
It only really matters if you play SFV, cause Capcom's coders are a bunch of moneys that can't put something simple like that in. In short, the stick won't work on PC SFV.
>>
>>3611731
direct input is the old pad/stick method, while xinput is xbox360 pad basically.
a lot of modern games tend to support only xinput, but thankfuly there are directinput to xinput mappers.
>>
>>3611795
>>3611876
Works for me eitherway then. I only play SFV at my locals on a PS4. thanks.
>>
>>3611795
Of course, there are fixes for that if you decide to play it on PC. However, the PC version of SFV sucks ass so it might not be worth it.
>>
File: NintendoWorthPlaying.jpg (95KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoWorthPlaying.jpg
95KB, 500x409px
>>3611731
Nice! I hope you like it. I just ordered a "for parts" HRAP 4 myself recently for a new multistick.

Basically the joystick is supported by PC, but not by all games for PC. If you want to fix that you can use Joy2Key or Xpadder. Also, I think the stick's PS3 mode is probably more compatible with PC games.
>>
>>3607537
wait, you're not supposed to use a stick in arcade shmups? What about muh authentic arcade experience?
>>
File: 71CvwV02HLL._SL1500_[1].jpg (172KB, 1500x1182px) Image search: [Google]
71CvwV02HLL._SL1500_[1].jpg
172KB, 1500x1182px
>>3606492
I use it for MAME because that's what I grew up using.

I found this shitty WWE arcade stick but I just peeled off the sticker and It's actually a really good stick with clicky buttons and a good joystick

Got it for $30 I think it was a hell of a deal
>>
>>3612073
>Brawl stick for $30
I got that deal too, so fucking good.
>>
>>3612073
Fry's Electronics had a deal on Street Fighter IV arcade sticks for $60 each. They have the same shell as the brawl sticks too I think but unfortunately the buttons were terrible and I had no idea the parts could be replaced so I stopped using them when the buttons stopped registering in the games. Gave them both to a friend who padhacked them for PlayStation using DualShock PCBs and mismatched Sanwa parts. He then gave them back when he moved out of his place about a year later. These shells are pretty well made because I've had people snag on the wire dropping them on my tile floor so you can see the dings but no cracks.
>>
>>3606492
I've toyed with the idea before since if I weren't a sperm cell in '85, it'd be the layout on a playchoice10 if I wanted to play castlevania or super mario bros. It's perfectly fine just not what I'm used to so I'm absolute trash.
>>
I prefer a Dpad for almost all games, especially platformers. And when it comes to shmups I prefer a keyboard.

I have an arcade stick but honestly I don't like to use it, even for genuine arcade games like Metal Slug. The best way I can describe my feelings is it feels very "high effort", there's way too much travel distance, and there doesn't seem to be any precision gain. And I've given it a sufficient chance, as well.

The other thing is that playing any game that requires tapping buttons frequently (read: Metal Slug) will tire you out very, very fast.
>>
>>3612034
Yes. It's important that you take the opinion of every kid on the internet as indisputable fact. kek
>>
>>3612034
Nah he was talking about using an analog stick on a gamepad with shooters because he "liked the challenge" or something.
>>
How hard would it be to convert a DDR pad into directional inputs for an NES controller?
>>
>>3612681
But I use an analog stick with shooters because it feels more precise to me desu
>>
>>3609591
Holy shit, saved! Made my day, man.
>>
File: PicsArt_11-13-12.36.48.jpg (274KB, 1440x1433px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_11-13-12.36.48.jpg
274KB, 1440x1433px
>>
>all these chink sticks
>other than the dreamcast stick none of them are retro
>not posting HAPP sticks

/sage
>>
>>3615374
Cool
>>
What is the best joystick, and why is it the Seimitsu LS-32-01?
>>
File: B002ED4DQI_limited.jpg (187KB, 800x434px) Image search: [Google]
B002ED4DQI_limited.jpg
187KB, 800x434px
I have this.
Can it be converted to usb?
It is wireless.
>>
Been using a PS360+ for some time now. Mostly with PC and Saturn recently.

But now I notice I can't use it with my Playstation. Not sure what the problem is, anyone else have this issue?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-13-15-26-41.png (616KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-13-15-26-41.png
616KB, 1080x1920px
What's the best budget stick a jew can buy?
>>
>>3616405
Some cheapo stick like >>3612073 with a button/stick replacement and a custom PCB for older consoles. You can always just take the PCB from a controller and wire the stick directly to it which would be way cheaper, but obviously its harder too.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-13-23-30-08.png (268KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-13-23-30-08.png
268KB, 1080x1920px
>>3616469
Yeah. I've looked for the brawl stick but prices have seemed to go up.

Was thinking about HORI. But I've had other anons tell me to stay away.

Anyone else have experience with pic related?

Sorry to do this in this thread. Didn't really think I should make a new one.
>>
>>3616479
Avoid at all costs unless you literally have hands the size of a toddlers

Friend of mine bought one of those for the novelty and its a waste of money
>>
>>3616483

Yeah, that's what I was worried about.

Thanks, partner.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.