[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the definative version of Lunar 1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: lunar_psp_demo.jpg (95KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
lunar_psp_demo.jpg
95KB, 480x316px
I want to give it a try but I don't know which one to go with...
>>
Sega CD, you pleb.
>>
File: LUNAR3.png (76KB, 256x217px) Image search: [Google]
LUNAR3.png
76KB, 256x217px
Sega CD
>>
but what about the sexy anime cut scenes on psx?
>>
>>3605904

Youtube.

Sprite-based cutscenes are way sexier anyway.
>>
>>3605851
Don't listen to these nerds. PSX version is the best.
>>
SSSC of course. Anyone who disagrees is a retard.
>>
>>3605851
Both have their merits but the PSX version is probably the best one overall. The engine it runs on is more like Lunar 2 and has far better production quality overall (IE: Less vendor trash and your spell list actually stays in a coherent order).

Before you ask about the sequel; go for the Sega CD version.
>>
>>3605851
None of them. Play a real game like ff7
>>
Whatever you do, don't pick the GBA version.
>>
>>3605851
PSP or PS1. CD and GBA versions are redundant.
>>
>>3605851
Wii Homebrew here.
the Lunar 1 Sega CD rom doesn't work, but Lunar 2 does for me.
PS1 for Lunar 1, Wii Homebrew for 2.
>>
Saturn.
>>
Personal preference:

PS > SCD >> PSP >>>>>>>> GBA

I'd watch the PSP prologue on YouTube (since it's not in any other version) and then play the PS version.
>>
I have SSSC CIB, but what sucks is I only have the game, making of disc, and leather bound instruction book for EBC.
>>
File: 56-update642.png (14KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
56-update642.png
14KB, 640x447px
We got a lot of SCD purists and they're not really WRONG but the PS1 versions of both games are very good and on par if not better in some areas. The reverse is also true.
>>
Sega Saturn is easily the best
>>
I really like the outfit they gave Luna. It's not often we see Eastern European garb.
>>
>>3605851
>definative
>>
>>3605851
>...
>>
for Lunar 1? Probably the saturn/ps1 version, though the sega CD version is def worth playing, it has plenty of differences, but is ultimately primitive

for Lunar 2, certainly the sega CD version is the best, as the PS1 version sorta dumbed down some of the dungeons and a few other minute details, though the PS1 version is still good, Lunar 2 was NOT as primitive as Lunar 1 was, it was actually quite amazing for its time, and that's why it holds up against the remake better
>>
File: 1478529026730.png (70KB, 162x248px)
1478529026730.png
70KB, 162x248px
>>3608587
>I have this game CIB
>but I'm missing some stuff
>>
>>3609647
Read again, mongoloid. SSSC is CIB, EBC is not.
>>
SCD
>>
File: d16.png (123KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
d16.png
123KB, 557x605px
>>3605851
PSX for the game play, and look up the Sega CD stuff afterwards. Nothing trumps the boat scene and the XD outtakes at the end.
>>
>>3608541
psp version is the prettiest but it's the shittiest lunar game.
>>
>>3611684
what? the GBA remake of lunar 1 is way worse than the PSP version, and as far as the shittiest lunar its dragon song

The PSP version has its issues, but its actually pretty decent overall, its behind the sega CD and saturn/psx version, but its above the rest of the shit associated with lunar
>>
>>3611717
I meant the shittiest in terms of gameplay.

and I'm talking only about lunar 1. overall psp RUINS the lore of lunar one by ruining the epic battle of the 4 heroes at the beginning. it was mythic when they only alluded to it, and awful when they actually tried to show it. sometimes (like Hitchcock movies) it's way better to not actually show the thing.

lunar dragon song and lunar magic school are like red-headed stepchildren. we don't take them seriously and you should apologize for even mentioning dragon song in a lunar thread.

the gba version is really an okay game. the hardware it's on gives it a lot of technical limitations but for a handheld rpg on the Gameboy advance it does a lot right. I don't play it...I play either ps1 or sega cd.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.