[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divine Divinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Divine_divinity_cover[1].jpg (35KB, 476x470px) Image search: [Google]
Divine_divinity_cover[1].jpg
35KB, 476x470px
This game is criminally underrated.
It's the beautiful flawed bastard blend of baldur's gate and the original diablo. It's crueler to the player and the characters than either one.

Don't use the totally broken skills and the difficulty curve is solid.

Absolutely a must play.
>>
if you can get it to run.

if the main quest doesn't break on you.
>>
>>3602846
>if you can get it to run.
This. Old PC games are a fucking nightmare to run these days.
>>
>>3602918
this game in particular was buggy as hell at launch.
The wizards at GoG have done their best but I still get loads of freezes. Luckily the game lets you make game ruining gameplay mistakes every twenty minutes so you're already spamming quicksave
>>
My biggest gripe with the game was that I spent 40% of the time actually playing the game, and 60% slowly filling in the fog on my map.
>>
>>3602846
>>3602934
Just delete the temp data files(in dynamic folder) and reload. That fixes most problems.

>http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=82516&site_id=1
>>
>>3603032
that's on you and your ocd
>>
>>3603040
>e done their best but I still get loads of freezes. Luckily the game lets you make game ruining gameplay mistakes every twenty minutes so you're alread

pretty sure the GoG release does that automatically, cause it always turns off my "always run" toggle after a freeze or CTD
>>
>>3603043
err, that should read

>Just delete the temp data files(in dynamic folder) and reload. That fixes most problems.

pretty sure the GoG release does that automatically, cause it always turns off my "always run" toggle after a freeze or CTD
>>
>>3602741

Also if you don't like playing sword wielding warriors the game's not great.

Literally 90% of the unique items are swords.
>>
>>3602741
>It's crueler to the player and the characters than either one.

Use the scorpion trap nigger.
>>
>>3603085
man fuck that broken shit.

I aint a bitch.
>>
>>3602741
I've beaten it this summer, it's in my top 10 favorite games, for sure.
I heard Beyond Divinity is shit, but I still want to play it because it looks similar and I want more of the same.
>>
>>3603092
Oh pls, the rest of the skills/spells are either shit or overpowering like Scorpion Trap or Poison Weapon. It's a flawed game. If you don't abuse the flaws innit, you're just abusing yourself.

>>3603047
I have the GOG version. I had to delete the dynamic files when a certain boss enemy disappeared when it got stuck in a building or something.
>>
>>3603613
>Beyond Divinity
I read they made it harder because they thought DD was too pussy, and the AI for the deathknight who follows you around is broken.
>>
>>3603630
The AI who follows you around is the main reason I don't want to play the game, to be honest. I find it a big chore having to manage two player characters at once. It is an ARPG after all, not a turn-based strategy.
>>
>>3603637
Followers in realtime have been done better in NWNs, but you pause and issue orders in that.

Mechwarrior 3 and 4 too, but those aren't RPGs.

Oh and Shadowrun(Genesis), but you switch to controlling one of your party members.
>>
>>3603657
>Shadowrun
I should give that game a try. I've played the SNES version last year and dropped it at one part, it was too cryptic for me, because I didn't know what to do.
>>
>>3603660
>too cryptic for me,
Read up on some shadowrun lore. Might help. Most of the characters speak funny.
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/game-resources/slang-guidebook/
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/City_Speak
>>
File: 38-div079_30[1].jpg (209KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
38-div079_30[1].jpg
209KB, 800x600px
I thought the final act was a bit of a letdown.

You're dragged into it kind of unexpectedly, leaving behind anything unfinished on the first map.
You may or may not be severely over geared.

The map is huge but it's barren and dull. The final fight doesn't feel like a quest, like you're just A-moving through the empty final area.

It's like they ran out of time and had a totally different plan. I wonder if Beyond Divinity was what they had in mind for that part of the game.
>>
>>3603697
At least the music was nice.
>>
>>3603697
there's a dragon and you can't even fight it.
>>
>>3603703

The music was great whole game through.
The last dungeon had the worst music, though.
>>
>>3603697
>It's like they ran out of time and had a totally different plan.

They admitted they rushed the ending,
>>
This game is fantastic, i remember calling out of work to play this and drink whiskey all day, still one of my favorite birthdays ever.

Ranger is broken once you get mutli-shot. God bless the scorpion traps. Looting objects was tight, killing the whole orc camp was also awesome. Rushed ending, and the sequel sucked.

Play this and try to beat it with an object weapon, like a Pitchfork
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.