[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason I should take Lord over a Valkyrie? Duel wielding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: wiz8.jpg (42KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
wiz8.jpg
42KB, 480x362px
Any reason I should take Lord over a Valkyrie? Duel wielding early bonus aside.
>>
>>3602584
Valkyries are better, especially in Wizardry 6 if you plan on carrying a party across 6-8
>>
>>3602593
Ah, I'm just asking for Wiz 8.

So do we have the numbers relating to weapon weight and their swing penalties? I've read some posts that says the heavier your weapon, the less swings you get. No sources or numbers, though.

Kinda odd that Wiz 8 doesn't have much sources on the internet about its mechanics.
>>
>>3602634
http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/recovered/flamestryke/wizardry8/flamestrykes_w8.html
>>
The Lord's regeneration bonus usually kinda sucks but it does allow him to use those Cursed Items that drains -1 HP constantly without the annoyance factor of having to constantly heal yourself.

That being said - not really that great of a bonus
>>
I feel asleep.

>>3602971

I've been to that site and there was about weapon weight mechanic.
>>
Don't get a Lord right off the bat, its just not worth it.
Better off with a Ninja, Samurai, or Valkyrie in that slot.

Lord is not bad to spec in to as a second class mid game though.
>>
>>3602584
Why not just take Vi Domina as your NPC?
>>
Best party? I go for Dracon Fighter, Fairy Ninja, Gadgeteer, Bishop, and my last 2 are a mix of 1 front liner and 1 other type of caster. Usually Alchemist for potion mixing to make tons of gold.
>>
Whats the best way to get started with Wizardry?
Are they harder than the original EO games?
>>
>>3604185
No Bard for stamina-based magic items?
>>
>>3604317
Gadgeteer has that covered, plus omnigun in the second half is really good when it can start using pretty much any type of ammo.
>>
>>3604295
Start with the Dark Savant trilogy (6-8). If you want to play the older games but don't want to deal with the DOS or Apple II versions, try the PS1 version of Wizardry 1-3.
>>
Any good mods? There was one some guy made but I couldn't get past the Engrish because he was foreign.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.