[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this video game so fucking good? A licensed game has no right!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Why is this video game so fucking good? A licensed game has no right!
>>
>>3602323
Also, I love retroarch and it's shaders and overlays!
>>
>>3602325
It is overlays indeed.
>>
>>3602323
Overlays are gross to be honest. I also have no idea why anyone would add a filter to have those black borders when I spend 30 minutes adjusting my CRT monitor to diminish that effect.
>>
>>3602323
jesus christ, it's noting like a crt tv. why can't you retards just get a 7$ vga to video converter from chinkexpress.
>>
>>3602325
What shader is that? Looks pretty good.
>>
>>3602364
because those only do 480interlaced and the video looks horrible?
>>
>>3602373
no idea what are you talking about, it's fantastic for old low res games and low res media in general. of course it's not perfect, it's just a 7$ chinkbox, but i'm not that picky, and it sure is better and more authentic than shit in op-pic. i watch all my media on tv now, even widescreen movies, only OLED is better, not for retro and low res though.
>>
>>3602323
There are good licensed games more often than not.
>>
>>3602419
These games ran at 240p, not 480i. So your solution is about as authentic as an emulator.
>>
>owned this game for as long as I remember
>have never ever gotten to the top of fire escapes with the grappling hook on Alleys and Gullies

It is so fucking hard not to fall
>>
>>3602449
240 to 480 is still better than 720 or 1080p. like a lot fucking better.
>So your solution is about as authentic as an emulator.
still a lot better than shit in op-pic and it's very cheap and hassle free. i used to fiddle with filters too and none of them are give yout that comfy tv feel. btw writeen from a telly so sorry for mistakes.
>>
>>3602465
It's not too terrible with 3D games since you can simply increase the internal resolution to 480i, but low resolution 2D games suffer from the upscaling. Also make sure you're using 640x480 resolution instead of having that adapter downscale 1080p to 480i.
>>
>>3602478
>but low resolution 2D games suffer from the upscaling.
they still look fantastic compared to upscaled to 720p lcd/oled, old jap indies that i play looked like crap on them, but they look godlike on tv(and probably crt monitors). i can barely see any pixels, but one of the reasons why i switched to crt tv is becouse i dislike pixels and crisp picture in general. and yes i know that on a high end crt tv you will probably see a very crisp picture, but that's not what most people used.
>>
>>3602492
90% of shit picture was from composite/rf cables. Don't need high end CRT for decent picture.
>>
>>3602505
is s-video better than composite/rf? becouse my chinkbox has it too, too bad my tv is composite only. i don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be though.
>>
>>3602524
S Video is loads better than RF and composite. the difference between S Video and Component/RGB is a much smaller gap, so all these cucks spending hundreds of dollars for RGB mods are retarded when S Video provides a similar result natively
>>
>>3602323
Is the Dreamcast the best version of this game? I also have Ps1 and 64, is it the very same game and levels?
>>
>>3602972
Pretty much the same on all of them besides Graphics
>>
>>3602323
Disney games in general have always had a very high quality standard, even back in the NES days their outsourced games like Ducktails were amazing, then the Lion King and Aladdin games on the megadrive.

Even now games like Disney Infinity and the Toy story 3 game are pretty great.
>>
>>3602323
I loved this game because I really wanted another Mario 64 where you collect tokens for completing weird missions around the level and man this game fucking delivered. Are there any other games like these two where there are tokens placed around the world acting like free reign missions? I'm not sure if collectathon is what I'm looking for.
>>
>>3602532
You are right thatthe gains betweens-video and rgb are far less than jumping from dogshit composite, but RGB still does look nice enough to invest in.
>>
>>3602323
Treasure Island for the PS1 is also really good
>>
>>3602364
It actually looks EXACTLY like a CRT, and you're fucking retarded
>>
>>3603095
lol.
>>
>tfw jumping from the top of the tree in the second level.

Damn i think i might need to play this again.
>>
>>3603204
WHOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOooooo
>>
>>3603538
IIRC, there's a part in Al's Toy Barn where you can stand in a shopping cart basket and make him stand in place, doing that fall endlessly.
>>
>>3603095
>t. virgin kid
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.