[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better, Project 64 or Mupen64Plus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Iggy_s Reckin_ Balls-01.jpg (2MB, 2100x1532px) Image search: [Google]
Iggy_s Reckin_ Balls-01.jpg
2MB, 2100x1532px
Which is better, Project 64 or Mupen64Plus?
>>
>>3601185
a real 64
I havent had any problems with Project 64 tho but people say it comes with malware so idk if its safe. my internet runs kinda slow sometimes thinking of reinstalling windows
>>
>>3601193
A real 64 has terrible video output even with mods, it's basically impossible to get a good 64 experience on a modern set up.
>>
mupen64plus command line version
it depends on the game which emulator is best to use:
http://bhemuhelp.co.nf/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

but it works for most games.

the only downside is its hard to get started with and the controller is a bitch to configure

these are the settings I use that work for 90% of the games including Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron:
>mupen64plus.exe --windowed --resolution 1024x768 --gfx mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2.dll --audio mupen64plus-audio-sdl --input mupen64plus-input-sdl --rsp mupen64plus-rsp-hle.dll --emumode 2 ROMNAMEHERE.z64

I've stopped using Project64 ever since they bundled malware with it.
>>
>>3601214

>Calling it malware
>Not knowing how to simply avoid the unwanted shit

Almost like you want your opinion discarded
>>
>>3601209
>modern set up.
Ultra HDMI
>>
File: rkmbS4b.jpg (638KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
rkmbS4b.jpg
638KB, 3264x2448px
>>3601209
>modern setup
where do you think you are?
>>
>>3601209
What do you mean? Even with just S-video it looks pretty dang decent to me. Vastly better than my non-1chip SNES or Genesis.
>>
>>3601193
>a real 64

>controllers analog sticks are all raped to fuck
>games run at framerates that make it hard as fuck to enjoy

I tried playing goldeneye on my 64 the other day and the frame rate stayed so low I thought I was watching a power point presentation

Emu is the way to go for 64 these days
>>
>>3601332
some games are pretty well optimized
and tru enthusiasts do that thing where u can replace the sticks with gamecube sticks
>>
>>3601347
Yeah but for 99% of us who just want to enjoy our old games the better way is emu

The n64 hardware hasn't held up very well both physically and just realising how bad the framerates tends to be on most games and yet we completely ignored it. I have no idea how I ignored how bad Goldeneye ran. I must have hundreds of hours on that game
>>
>>3601349
yeah those joysticks are all flaccid and shitty now
good luck finding good ones
>>
>>3601347
Or just get a GC controller adapter. I hear they work pretty well.

Or a Hori Mini Pad if you can find one for a decent price. I love mine.
>>
>>3601363
GC controllers are getting harder to find non-fucked up too

A lot of GC controllers have analog sticks that are FUCKED
>>
>>3601185
>Which is better, Project 64 or Mupen64Plus?

Mupen64++
>>
>>3601185

On windows project 64 is best

On android mupen.
>>
>>3601193
just run a malwarebytes scan
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.