[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any /vr/ approved emulator filters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: mario 1 filter.png (21KB, 584x441px) Image search: [Google]
mario 1 filter.png
21KB, 584x441px
Are there any /vr/ approved emulator filters?
>>
No.
>>
>>3599730
Only scan lines, some people don't even like that tho.
>>
File: 1454798836191.png (48KB, 1024x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454798836191.png
48KB, 1024x960px
>>3599730
yes
>>
>>3599730
Who cares what this board thinks what's approved or not, just use whatever you feel like using. I personally don't like any filter but that's just one anon saying that without having any form of representation towards this board.
>>
>>3599730
>seeking the approval of jackoffs on the internet
Are you really this much of a faggot?
>>
>>3600053
Holy fuck, thankfully I've never had acute migraine.
>>
What settings does everyone use in Nestopia for video?
>>
Pixellate
AANN
Sharp-bilinear
>>
The only right way to play is to take a screenshot every frame and edit it in Photoshop
>>
>>3599730
I might use something to smooth the edges a little because modern screens don't have the fuzziness of the old cathodes, but otherwise I don't use them.
>>
>>3600362
I run it on a SDTV so usually none.... but sometimes i'll turn on ntsc/composite.
>>
Use whatever the hell you want
I just use nearest because It's clean, bilinear makes me feel like I need glasses
I don't get the people that use crt filters though, why the hell are you using an emulator? Just play the console
>>
File: shatterhand.png (283KB, 1158x892px) Image search: [Google]
shatterhand.png
283KB, 1158x892px
>>3599730
>>
File: 1463388476014.png (18KB, 262x262px) Image search: [Google]
1463388476014.png
18KB, 262x262px
>>3602020
>>
>>3600053
Is this an actual filter because I want it
>>
/vr/ says the cool thing to do is to jump off a bridge
>>
>>3602020
How do I get scanlines on n64 emu
>>
>>3604602
Retroarch + your n64 core of choice + CRT/Scanline filter
>>
>>3605089
Contribute or leave.
>>
>>3605089

le millenom meme
>>
File: shot.png (350KB, 987x555px) Image search: [Google]
shot.png
350KB, 987x555px
Found the filter for you, internet kids.
>>
>>3605089
You're a millennial, stop saying millennial.
>>
crt hyllian glow.cg and crt royale'kurozomi.cgp´´´´´´´´
>>
>>3599730
>filters

The term is shader. Nobody calls it a fucking filter.
>>
Hdmi through RCA adapter into CRT.

Don't fucking judge my lifestyle
>>
>>3599730
Linear/Nearest
>>
>>3599730
No, they look like shit.Pixel art is an art, and filters are for brainfucks who think that 'pixelated graphics :C' are a bad things in itself, without considering overall aesthetic. Look at your fucking OP picture, look at how horrible letters look. Look how Bloopers has jagged lines, but with filters off it feels like a straight line. Everything turns into a horrid mess.

The only way a filter would work would be if a style transference neural network was used to try and actively guess missing details under the artworks - but we're really fucking far from being to run these sixty times per second without slowdown, yet.

Pixel art filters are created by bored programers, and I don't know a single pixel artist who doesn't vomit at the thought. And they look crappy with 8bit games, but with 16bit and 32 bit graphics they look like a pile of shit, because they turn what is SUPPOSED to be smooth gradients of color into fucking ribbons. And it's horrible.

So yeah, CRT emulation filters are kinda exception since, well, they're designed for emulation of original display. But other than that, that's about it.
>>
>>3599730
bilinear or none. crts are good for really twitch games where input lag really matters, not muh scanlines
>>
>>3606771
Filter, in relation to graphics, is a term relating to any process that takes an input image, and then produces an output.

Shader is a term, basically, relating to any set of instructions for a GPU. It's usage is as loose as it gets.

So it's very perfectly fucking possible for a shader to be a filter, and vice versa. Stop fucking pretending you know shit.
>>
anyone have the pic of the blue face from terminator or whatever on the nes where it shows scan lines working very well.
>>
>>3607976
> Shader is a term, basically, relating to any set of instructions for a GPU.

There's some pretty well known instance:
https://github.com/id-Software/Quake-III-Arena/blob/master/code/renderer/tr_shader.c
http://toolz.nexuizninjaz.com/shader/
Obviously, it had nothing to do with GPUs, as they all had fixed pipeline at the time, and couldn't execute custom code.
>>
>>3608864
The poster you're replying to is right though.

A lot of people think shader means = "writable shader" but it really just means "instruction for GPU". A GPU with a fixed pipeline still has shaders, but they can't be modified from what is baked into the hardware.
>>
>>3599730
>mario 1
pls
>>
>>3607973
>Pixel art is an art
Modern pixel art maybe. But retro game art wasn't trying to be its own artform, it was trying its best to look as good as possible within the limitations of the platform it was on
>>
> bought GB
> feels wrong
> get my SNES and Super GameBoy
> hook up to my CRT
> look at those scanlines, those colors
> now this is how the devs intended it
>>
>>3605152
That's just interpolation, dumbass.
>>
File: filtering.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
filtering.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>
>>
>>3610193
Just like Shiggy Diggy intended.
>>
>>3600760
It's how these games where meant to be played.
>>
>>3601986
Money, space, no save states or speed options.
I wish people would stop spreading the "emulation=image quality" meme.
>>
i use crt tv connected to pc through composite cable, which kills most of the pixels, but those that are still seen cause color bleed(becouse composhit), so i bilinear filter this shit, but that's not the main reason, i can't stand pixels, anyone else dislikes pixels?
>>
>>3609209
> now this is how the devs intended it
If the devs intended that you play on a CRT then the original hardware would hook up to a damn CRT. Play how you want, but GameBoy games were designed for systems with built-in LCDs.
>>
>>3610301
>but GameBoy games were designed for systems with built-in LCDs.
monochrome extremely shitty LCDs without backlight. and that's if devs cared, many just portred sptrites straight from the NES.
>>
>>3599734
Was really hoping this was 1st.
>>
>>3610304
Gameboy and Gameboy Color games are much more enjoyable on emulators or virtual console, I'll say that.

Crystal clear with no ghosting, no slowdown, not having to squint or turn the screen at angles. I do wish my 3DS gave me the option of putting on a green glow onto the screen for classic Gameboy titles.
>>
File: IMG_1525.jpg (108KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1525.jpg
108KB, 400x240px
>>3610430
It does.
>>
>>3610476
Only for pokemon tho
>>
>>3610848
No, it has this option for any gameboy game that isn't a Gameboy Color game.
>>
>>3610852
Where? I don't see it anywhere.
>>
>>3610891
Hold select (and maybe start?) when you start the game.
>>
>>3610894
That worked, though I didn't expect the screen t become so tiny.
>>
>>3610894
I was thinking you could hold L+R and press Y at any time to toggle the green.
>>
>>3610193
Super Community Centre Painting Class Bros
>>
>>3611004
This is correct, you can switch the pallette without doing the tiny GB screen mode.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.