[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting this up for the first time, what am I in for? Any tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-11-03-21-20-29--1412828353.jpg (12KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-03-21-20-29--1412828353.jpg
12KB, 223x226px
Starting this up for the first time, what am I in for? Any tips?
>>
>>3599382
You're in for monotony.
>>
>>3599385
This.
Only die-hard persona fans defend it nowadays really and they're really blinded.
>>
>>3599382
The battle system is a bit clunky but there's quite a bit of depth. However the depth is meaningless because the game is absurdly easy. You don't even need to recruit demons, the handouts you're given are enough to carry you through the game (especially considering that they randomly become stronger if you spam fusion attacks).

I guess the only advice I'd give is to get a demon with the escape spell (trafuri?) because there will be a ton of random battles.

That being said, it's still better than 99.5% of other JRPGs.
>>
Is there a better anime like psx rpg you guys recommend then? I haven't played a lot of personal I was just attracted to it being about high schoolers and being anime like I just don't want the basic jrpg save the village story
>>
play it its fun I enjoyed it don't listen to these autistic nobodies they don't even play games they just hurr durr troll 4chans fur teh lulz
>>
>>3599461
I started playing it anyway, meeting Philemone now. Really, really enjoying it already.
>>
Grind more conversations than the first one.
>>
>>3599382
You did remember to play Innocent Sin firsr, right?
>>
>>3599565
That is innocent sins
>>
>>3599382
You're in for an absurdly high encounter rate for piss easy battles that take up too much time (at least for IS, I hear EP has better difficulty). I'd recommend playing it on an emulator so you can just speed past the battles as they get tedious fast. The people who like it like it for the story anyway.
>>
>>3599382
>what am I in for?
Disappointment
>Any tips?
Don't
>>
At least the stories enjoyable. I love the P2 crew.
>>
>>3599382
An amazing story and some pretty average gameplay
>>
>>3599382
>Starting this up for the first time, what am I in for? Any tips?
You don't need to farm tarots like people think, just make a contract with a demon and then yellow him 3 times for free tarots.
>>
OP here, ended up playing all weekend. It's in my top 5 games I'm loving it.
>>
>>3604507
Glad you liked it. I think EP is slightly better in terms of gameplay balance and the story's about as good as IS so you should enjoy that one too. Note that the PSP version of EP has some added bonus content but I'm not sure if that's translated.
>>
>>3601187
This. Don't be ashamed to use gameshark codes for 999 of every Tarot card. I liked the demon banter at first but the novelty wore off quick.
>>
>>3604550
i found it to be a let-down. maya caught the silent protagonist disease, the new cast wasn't as interesting or endearing, the music was mostly remixes that were a step down from the originals, and the english voice acting was unfortunate. it's still decent and worth playing for anyone who wants resolution, but i'd suggest tempered expectations because it's certainly the weaker half.
>>
>>3605124
>Not liking Baofu
>Not liking white knight Katsuya
>Not liking the return of the No1
>>
>>3599382
I had to grind near the end of this game before I fought Hitler, I found that a little frustrating, but for most of the game the pace is good. Admittedly the encounter rate is a bit high too, I think 3 was smart to focus more on the roleplaying/dating sim aspects.

Great game though, legitimately
>>
>>3605316
>"Starting this up for the first time"
>Names the final boss
Nigga you just went full retard
>>
>>3605316
you're a stupid fuck.
>>
>>3605316
Assuming you're talking about gnarly, he's the only enemy that's remotely threatening in the entire game. It helps to have some personae with magic resistance/reflect but you still don't need to level up at all.
>>
do fusion attacks often
>>
>>3599382
Play it on an emulator with a fast forward button during battles.
>>
>>3599382
It's a good game but the negotiations get really boring. Did you play the first game? Since they are connected, but you won't miss anything major for the most part.
>>
>>3605315
Not him, but I didn't like EP the first time I played it either, especially the cast that doesn't have the same amount of depth as IS since they are less tied together.

The villains were much worse too.
>>
First time I'm hearing Persona 2 is bad... thought everyone regarded it as a masterpiece or something. How are the remakes in comparison?
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 500x800px
Cats are dumb and digusting

you can only fix one thing.
>>
>>3609128
Fuck wrong thread.
>>
>>3609130
Meh, Raidou is megaten

I'll allow it
>>
>>3609139
Thank you based SMT fan and perhaps admin.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.