[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better than the sequel.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Better than the sequel.
>>
>>3599189
I wanna sniff her thigh.
>>
Not for multiplayer.
>>
Why is the elf so damn horrible in part 1?

The cleric and fighter are obviously great characters, but the dwarf is also actually really, really good.
>>
>>3599457
Not sure if it changed in the sequel, but in the first game, she had horrible melee range. You either had to depend on someone to stun a guy, or you had to spam ranged attacks yourself in order to get openings, otherwise you'd get wrecked pretty consistently.
>>
>>3599552
Her range isn't worse than the Dwarf, her problem however is that she has the slowest combo speed I think, magic is great in the final levels though
>>
File: c-guard.jpg (49KB, 564x152px) Image search: [Google]
c-guard.jpg
49KB, 564x152px
>>3599580
She also has the worst shield blocking in the game, which is pretty darn important.
>>
>>3599189
better off with King of Dragons.
>>
>>3599682
Note how much of her head is vulnerable compared to the others. Overhead attacks ruin her day.

She's also the worst (slowest) when it comes to throwing items (daggers, oils, hammers). I think she's okay when it comes to arrows.

So, to sum her up:

>bad points
-arguably the worst physical attacks in the game (in general). I mean, she's still perfectly usable, but when compared to the other characters, she's the "worst"
-lowest hp (cleric has crap hp too, but regardless, he's godlike)
-takes the most damage due to lowest defense (this is something I'm assuming, actually)
-worst shield blocking in the game
-worst at using throwing weapons

>good points
-fastest running speed by far. everyone has the same walking speed though.
-magic spells which are nice against certain bosses. but in this game, the normal mobs are just as dangerous...

Cleric: Awesome

Fighter: Great overall but his "QCF" is a shame

Dwarf: Excellent. a lot of experts (I'm not one of them btw) seem to hold him in high regard, and consider him better than the fighter when played at a high level.

Elf: Garbage.
>>
>>3599580
I believe those two WERE comparable, but the Dwarf had more options for creating openings(as he was better with thrown items and resistant to magic), so the lack of range was much less noticeable on him.
It makes sense, given that elves are supposed to be super-agile semi-mages, but the mechanics weren't there for her to be really good until the sequel. This may again however be my mistaken nostalgia.
>>
How would a halfling worked in those games?
>>
>>3599189
What arcade emulator is good for multiplayer/has a community of players? Would love to play this and the sequel with some people.
>>
>>3599693
Good to see another guy that knows his shit about D&D1. I consider Fighter better than dwarf though, he has the best damage and range which are godlike.
>>
>>3600093
The Dwarf has the fastest combo speed and is stronger than the Elf, so yeah despite the short range he is still a beast.
>>
>>3600156
The thief in SoM.
>>
Can you play any retro D&D games as a newbie? I don't quite get the series despite watching videos about it and have no one to play with irl anyway.
>>
>>3600198
It'd probably be simplier to use the steam release rather than mess with MAME netplay

http://store.steampowered.com/app/229480/
>>
>>3600489
Halflings in BECMI D&D aren't really thieves.
>>
Did a tranny draw that girl?
>>
>>3600539
But fighter is a man.
>>
>>3599189
Wrong aspect ratio.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.