[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speed Power Gunbike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1930-7482[1].jpg (315KB, 957x960px) Image search: [Google]
1930-7482[1].jpg
315KB, 957x960px
Speed Power Gunbike is one of the coolest games I've ever played.

The concept is pretty simple. You play as a dude/gal on a motorcycle that transforms into a fighting mech (or mobile suit I guess). Except, since the game is all about speed, if you're going fast enough when you transform, you turn into a giant fireball and wreck everything in your path. Transforming back and forth while still moving at 200 KM/H has to be one of the most satisfying attacks I've ever felt in a game.

Then on top of that, there's awesome, chunky robot bosses that feel like something out of megaman legends, street fighter combo-style inputs for special attacks, amazing music by Ippo Yamada, tons of tiny details like different music and dialogue depending on which character you pick, and nice touches like your character turning on the mech's headlights when you enter a dark area.

It also has one of the best endings I have ever seen in a PS1 game in a life, but I can't spoil what makes it so cool.

Who here has played this masterpiece? If you haven't, please go do so. If you have a Japanese PSN account, you can buy it right off the store. Plays beautifully on the vita.
>>
File: gunbike-4[1].png (102KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
gunbike-4[1].png
102KB, 320x240px
Look at this blocky giant spider mech.

Don't you just want to blow it up?

Oh, and the second boss is a train that you chase behind with a motorcycle, and you blow up its cars one by one while it launches rockets and lasers and stuff at you.
>>
File: psogl006[1].png (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
psogl006[1].png
79KB, 640x480px
I am also looking for just a little bit of information on this game. The (excellent) hardcore gaming 101 article on it here
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/gunbike/gunbike.htm

mentions that beating the game will unlock a secret character, but I cannot seem to make this happen no matter what I do. I've beaten the game with every character, and finally accomplished doing so without using any continues today, but couldn't get a new character to appear. Anyone know anything about this?
>>
>>3598957

That sounds awesome.
Gonna download and play it later.
>>
>>3599010

need to complete it on hard I think
>>
>>3598985
Huh, surprisingly nice graphics.
>>
>>3599807
>stage 3 and stage 4
>on hard
fuck
>>
What I did was drive around and use the invulnerability from switching from full bike mode to full mech mode to crash into it. Unwieldly and time consuming but couldn't find another way to do damage without getting hit by those cyclones.
>>
>>3601394
This is probably the most basic form of attack. It's not supposed to be time-consuming though, since you can switch back without losing speed. If you increase the difficulty to at least Normal mode (don't do this if you can't beat it on easy), you'll realize the time limits are so strict that the game never wants you to stop even once.

I don't think I actually liked the controls until after I beat the game for the first time.

One important thing to note is that while you're doing the dash (switching from bike to robot at high speed), if you keep holding down square and do a half-circle counterclockwise starting from up, you'll do a special extra dash which is great for hurting enemies, moving further, and avoiding damage.
>>
anybody got scans of the manual?
>>
>>3602372
I could get screencaps from the digitized manual from my vita, if that works for you.
>>
>>3603971
please, if that's not too much of a bother.
>>
File: gunbike manual.jpg (2MB, 960x4868px) Image search: [Google]
gunbike manual.jpg
2MB, 960x4868px
>>3604197
Does this help at all?
>>
>>3605684
it is great, thank you
>>
>>3605684
This doesn't look like it has the special attacks.

Super attack: With 1 level of G-gauge: Press and hold up + triangle. Then do a half circle counter-clockwise down while still holding triangle.

Dash: With 2+ levels of g-gauge, rapidly tap up + triangle together to do a high-speed dash and destroy everything in your way. Continues till gauge is drained. Speed up with x, sharp turns with circle.

And for an extra attack during dash, while still holding square do counterclockwise half-circle down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.