[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trading your Retro game to Gamestop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 948x300_retro_trade.jpg (39KB, 948x300px) Image search: [Google]
948x300_retro_trade.jpg
39KB, 948x300px
Would be wise to trade in my old games that I never ever touch to Gamestop? That of course would probably depend on what games, just carts of Earthbound go for almost $200 on ebay.
>>
>>3596789
No, if anything sell them to a local retro game store instead. Gamestop can't be trusted to not trash any inventory they can't sell - not to mention they probably won't give you as much money as a store that actually deals in retro games.
>>
>>3596789
God no!
You'll get $1 per game (if you're lucky). Gamestop doesn't care about your "l@@k ultr@ r@re original" box of plastic.
It will all end up in the dumpster, and ultimately end up in the collection of your local dumpster diver.
Selling to a local game store will get you a quick sale, but at about half of current value.
Your best bet for cashing out is to do a minute of research on your collection, write up a quick "l@@k r@re" description, and sell on eBay or Craigslist. Undercut the average price by about 10% and it should go fairly quick.
>>
>>3596789
Don't give them to gamestop. How many do you have?
>>
>>3598173
this

pokemon yellow for them to sell is 30, you get like 10 cash
>>
>>3596789
Sell on Craigslist. You will you get a little less than market value, but you don't lose anything to eBay or PayPal fees.

The only good things worth trading in at GameStop are bootlegs. I'm going to see if they will take my Chrono Trigger bootleg that has the wrong ESRB logo, bet they will.
>>
>>3600370
>>3596789
Turns out they have a site where you can see how much you will get for your games.

Chrono Trigger gets you $22 and they sell it for $80. Not even worth it for me to trade in, I think I spend $20 on it.
>>
File: gamestop tradin.jpg (73KB, 1195x665px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop tradin.jpg
73KB, 1195x665px
>>3600378
>>3600370
>>3596789
Sorry forgot link

http://www.gamestop.com/trade#!/games
>>
>>3600381
Lol what the fuck? Who would be so retarded to actually do that?

>>3600370
Trading in bootlegs is going to be rampant with this shitty program. Take advantage of this stupid company decision.
>>
>>3600429
>Who would be so retarded to actually do that?
Very many people who are oblivious to the real value of the cart basically.
>>
>>3600381
jesus, that is like highway robbery
but, its probably because they can't give you like 100 in cash or at least they don't like or want to.

even brand new games are maybe 30 cash at best day one trade in.
>>
>>3598173

>half of current value

I was short on cash once and went to a local shop, guy offered me 1/4 of pricechart value. I didn't bother.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.