[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 56246-Mega_Man_(USA)-10.jpg (169KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
56246-Mega_Man_(USA)-10.jpg
169KB, 640x898px
Can we get a thread about the Mega Man series going? Care to rank the games from best to worst and discuss why they are good or bad?
>>
2 is bad because the weapon balance is godawful. The Items are executed somewhat interestingly, in that the order you do stages can affect how you tackle platforming problems on stages, such as Crash Man.
>>
>>3595574
The only stage I'd call bullshit on as far as platforming goes is Heat Man, because fuck those timed blocks. Otherwise, 2 on hard felt like about the right amount of difficulty barring the bosses.

My personal favorite is X4, if only because Zero's ability to unlock moves instead of changing weapons felt really fun and was useful throughout a stage, as opposed to X getting another elemental shot of some sort that fucked up a boss.
>>
File: tmp_596-200w467523357.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_596-200w467523357.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>3595535
>rank the games
I'll get this argument started!

3>2 >>>4>5>>>>6>>>>>>>>>>>1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whatever else counts as retro>>>>>>>>whatever isn't retro
>>
3 >> 2. The others I didn't enjoy enough to remember well let alone rank them.
3 is just fucking amazing, the way the soundtrack gets you fucking hyped between levels is perfect. The story is by far the best, protoman is awesome, his theme is phenomenal, the ending feels the best... Yeah 3 is a masterpiece.
Only played X from the X series so I can't really rank it. Liked it a lot though.
>>
>>3595535
Most widely acclaimed mainline MM games are 2, 3 and 9 (I mean Rockman & Forte).

1, while good, doesn't really have that much exploration and complex level design. Everything past 3 on NES had progressively worse level design (maybe with a slight exception for 6). 4 and 5 are also a cakewalk compared to other games. 7 was alright, with more adventure elements like "get weapon—open door with it".

As for MMX, 1 and 4 seem to get the most praise. I also really enjoy X3 (not in the least bit because of the SNES soundtrack). X2 is good but it never stuck with me for some reason.

Haven't played any PS1 Megamen to give an opinion.
>>
>>3596306
the wily castle in 3 is fucking terrible, and the doc robot stages were just needless padding
>>
Mega Man 3 is the first game I remember playing when I was like 5 years old. I remember playing Snake Man over and over again. Because I was only allowed 30 minutes of videogame time a day, I don't think I beat it until I got older.

Those were the good old days
>>
>>3596314

X2 is the kind of game that grow on you overtime. I prefer it than 3. 3 is too dark and brown with a weird level design for my taste.
>>
>>3595535

3 = 4 > 2 > 6 = 1 > 5
>>
>>3596762
>3=4
>6=1
Are you even trying?
>>
File: r4minusinfinity.jpg (94KB, 532x946px) Image search: [Google]
r4minusinfinity.jpg
94KB, 532x946px
>>3595535
I have a cart of Rockman 4: Minus Infinity if that counts..

I've played all of the main games in each series though. I think it goes X series > Z series > classic series > ZX series.

Best X game: X3
Best classic game: MM7
Best Zero game: MMZ3
Best ZX game: First one
>>
>>3595535
It's Rock Man. Just like Peach and Biohazard.
>>
>>3598012
>rock man on an island full of weebs
>mega man on the rest of the planet
Oh yes, forgot that fuck logic.
>>
>>3596669

X2 level design is slick, X3 always felt awkward and ugly to me, and screw all that collecting and backtracking in X3.
>>
I should play 5 and 6 already so I can make a list. All I can say so far is that 1, 2, 4 are awesome, 7 is a mixed bag and I didn't really like 3.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.