[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daytona USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: daytona reloaded.gif (506KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
daytona reloaded.gif
506KB, 600x600px
>Arcade only
BUT WHY?
>>
I'm going to kill myself if this doesn't end up at my local dave and busters
>>
File: 1473361180778.png (373KB, 400x504px) Image search: [Google]
1473361180778.png
373KB, 400x504px
>>3594815
>arcade only
Just like the way God intended it. Afraid of leaving the house anon? You should be. I'll be winning fucking races all night embarrassing you left and right in front of all the pretty lady's. Better start saving them quarters champ!
>>
>>3594938
I'm afraid of sinking money. My arcade doesn't operate on coins but $20+ cards.
>>
>>3594938
>implying everybody lives within 100 miles of an arcade

to my knowledge the only decent arcades in the UK are in Manchester and London, with a smattering of shithole arcades at seasides that only have coin-pushers, crane games and redemption machines.
>>
>>3594949
Mancfag here. All we have now is a place called Arcade Club and it's out in Bury, £10 in and everything is on free play. It's pretty cool but I miss thr competitive fightan scene we had at the arcade at Piccadilly bus station years ago.
>>
>>3594943
>sinking money
I feel like playing a new Daytona arcade cab would be worth a couple bucks for sure.

>>3594949
>close arcades
Yeah if it doesn't show up at my local d&b(hardly an arcade tBh) then I'm screwed also.
>>
>>3594815
How successful was the PS360 release? And where is OP's pic from?
>>
IMO, arcades are a dying breed.
>>
File: DAAAAAYYYYYTTOONNAA!!!!.jpg (66KB, 631x776px) Image search: [Google]
DAAAAAYYYYYTTOONNAA!!!!.jpg
66KB, 631x776px
>>3594993
Not OP but here is the pic he is referencing.

Also thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWnzfA9AqrA
>>
>>3594984
A couple bucks sure, but like I said my arcade only offers time cards going for $20 and up. You gotta pay in bulk because it's a biggish company.

>>3594993
https://twitter.com/SegaAmusements/status/793495531473473536

Basically from some arcade convention and Sega had some stuff to show, but Daytona Reloaded was only a tease and had nothing to show.
>>
>>3594815
Mame?
>>
So, not retro?
>>
>>3595939
We don't know what the new game is other than it being called Daytona RELOADED. It could be a new version of the old game.
>>
>>3595941
http://arcadeheroes.com/2016/11/01/sega-resurrects-daytona-usa-with-daytona-reloaded-arcade/

Here's more information. It's going to have three new tracks, plus the three original tracks. It also uses the same driving physics as the first game.
>>
>>3595032
>it's a biggish company
D&B? Gameworks?
>>
>>3594932
I'm going to kill myself if it has no vocal BGM
>>
File: 1478092396126.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478092396126.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Reposting from __ /v/ __

Okay guys.

https://mega.nz/#!PMBySDZS!H7XHetIur1ogAkQtMlPkjXNZzOKE-7nAa6fiN0lHg4U

Here's the latest version of Supermodel 3 emulator with latest Supermodel UI and Daytona 2 included.

Launch with Supermodel UI exe.
By default it's set to 1080p widescreen full screen but you can reconfigure it however you want in the graphics tab of options.

Button inputs are set to default so you will want to remap those as you see fit.

For Daytona 1 just grab the PS3 or X360 version, PS3 one being slightly better due to free online and pressure sensitive face buttons. Both versions run at 1080p 60 FPS.

That download also has a readme with the links to the thread for new builds so you will be able to easily update it in the future. Just make sure to grab 64bit versions since I forgot to mention that this upload is 64bit. There's a 32bit version as well but doesn't perform as well.
>>
partly on topic
is there any way to play the old sega games with trackIR ? i got it recently and i wanted to try as many genres as possible in it.
what are some retro games that can use trackIR one way or another ?
>>
>>3596337
Playdium in Mississiauga/Toronto
>>
>>3594938
>lady's
>>
>>3596616
ladyboys*
>>
>>3594938
>tfw living in New Zealand
>tfw my local movie theatre doesn't even have a Daytona, just a stacker.
>>
>Closest arcade in southern Ontario is Niagara Falls
Still, it's crazy to be excited for an arcade cabinet again. New Sega Rally when?
>>
>>3597808
>>3596537
Right, I've heard of Playdium but price + gas money seems ridiculous for a few hours at an arcade. But if they get this, I could be tempted.
>>
>>3597812
>>3597808
They have Outrun 2 SDX and Sega Rally which I play, but I think Mario Kart and F-Zero are not there anymore? Mario Kart I'm sure they used to have but F-Zero AX might just be me making it up. Sega's Star Wars Pod Racing was definitely there once.
>>
How does Scud Race compare to Daytona? The Daytona 2 machines around here is almost 20km from my place, but the Scud Race one is only 2km away.
>>
>>3597945
Scud Race is incredible! Are you seriously asking if it's worth going just a mile to play it? Jesus, man, go and play!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zkcy1Sag4
>>
>>3597945
seconding the Scud / Super GT

the game and cabinet are amazing
>>
>>3596350
Thank you based anon.

Glad to see Supermodel is still being worked on to some extent, I thought it was pretty dead there for a while.
>>
>>3597945
>How does Scud Race compare to Daytona?
It's basically Daytona 1.5. It was pretty much the stopgap between the original Daytona and Daytona 2, and effectively is a part of the series.
>>
>>3596350
>>3598431
One thing I never got was how to map the controls properly to an xinput gamepad.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.